Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Preseason Week #2 August 20, 2022 Buffalo Bills vs Denver Broncos, 1pm

Ann

5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Okay, forgive my ignorance but what is the significance of Lets Ride?

It's a phrase Russ panned when he got to Denver.

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Maybe, but why trade for someone you know we will be cutting?

A team would make a move like that if they're low on the waiver list / want to jump ahead of other teams to secure a guy for their 53 - but it's definitely not an easy deal to make when they know we're likely to cut a guy anyway. 

• Like 1

RochesterRob
2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A team would make a move like that if they're low on the waiver list / want to jump ahead of other teams to secure a guy for their 53 - but it's definitely not an easy deal to make when they know we're likely to cut a guy anyway. 

Some of our cuts will not be marginal at best players.  A team near the bottom of the waiver list that has deficiencies and an eye on the playoffs might consider giving a low pick for a player that might be a long term answer for them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Okay, forgive my ignorance but what is the significance of Lets Ride?

BillsFans.com, let’s RIDE

BILLSfans.com, lets ride

Billsfans.COM, lets ride

Billsfans.com, LETS ride

BillsFANS.com, lets ride

(i know you just read those in Russell’s voice)

• Haha 3

Just finished watching through 3Q — holy crap, who do you cut from this offense?  WRs and RBs making plays all over the place.  I guess it’ll come down to ST contributions, especially since the kick coverage was the one glaring problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Some of our cuts will not be marginal at best players.  A team near the bottom of the waiver list that has deficiencies and an eye on the playoffs might consider giving a low pick for a player that might be a long term answer for them.

I think you might be confusing waiver with release. Players who have 4 years are not waived, they are released along with voiding their contract so can immediately begin negotiating with any other team. Only under 4 is waived and if claimed, are claimed along with their contract.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/8/31/22650025/2021-nfl-rules-refresher-waive-wire-priority-released

Not that a team might not trade for him so they don't have to compete with other teams for his service and will take his contract, but somehow I don't expect it with Haack.

• Cheers 1

Bills quarterback, Josh Allen and Bills wide receiver, Gabe Davis addressed the media following their 42-15 victory over the Denver Broncos in the second preseason game of the year. Topics included: the Bills offense being on the same page with new offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey, Josh Allen's touchdown throw to Gabe Davis, how the team came together after Dawson Knox's family tragedy, and the biggest difference he's seen from an Aaron Kromer coached offensive line.

Josh Allen and Gabe Davis: "Our Love Goes Out To Dawson And His Family" | Buffalo Bills

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Just in case anyone was wondering, my wife started clapping as JA took the field.  From the couch, in my living room.

These are the reasons you get married.

Football is also a reason you get divorced. Insert *something about knowing from experience* here. 

• Sad 1