Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Preseason Week #2 August 20, 2022 Buffalo Bills vs Denver Broncos, 1pm

Ann

Alaska Darin
31 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Football is also a reason you get divorced. Insert *something about knowing from experience* here. 

I warned her when we started dating that if she didn't like sports,  that she'd be wasting her time.   She literally knew nothing about anything and I'm a total junkie for football, hockey, baseball & at that time both the NBA and college hoop.

The first year we lived together was 1993-94, so we watched the Rangers win the Cup.  In 2005 we were finally able to make the schedule work to see the Rangers (in St Louis).  When the took the ice,  she bawled like a child.

Friggin' sports.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I watched the game recorded last night, and not too much to add to the 'we're stacked" type comments, however...

It was ridiculously impressive to see this offense execute deep in the 4th. Tasker reminded me it wasn't long ago the Bills couldn't even get their personnel groupings right in & out of the huddle. Again, into the 4th, playing with guys who won't even make the team, and they were virtually all in sync and on point and it was beautiful to watch.

It's probably me just rooting for underdogs again, but I hope they find room on PS for Blackshear until they have room for him on the roster. Undrafted free agents who succeed in the NFL are one of my favorite stories.

It's funny to me that Bills fan on social media can watch a game like this, and then absolutely lose their shit when the team sends Haack out for the lone punt. "Why not let Araiza see what he can do! That's ridiculous!" Ummm, y'know, perhaps the dudes who fielded this incredible roster already know what they're doing for the punter. Dumbasses.

Lastly, for the dudes like me who have been following this team for years, I made myself sit through the shit years to ensure I would appreciate a team like this, reminding myself often that you really can't enjoy 13-3 unless you genuinely sit through a 3-13. Well worth it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3
  • FANtastic 1

29 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Lastly, for the dudes like me who have been following this team for years, I made myself sit through the shit years to ensure I would appreciate a team like this, reminding myself often that you really can't enjoy 13-3 unless you genuinely sit through a 3-13. Well worth it.

3-13 ?

2-14.PNG

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yep, I'm just lamenting the back to back 2-14 seasons,
I hid my fandom on the Left Coast until they drafted Bruce.
The drought was just like, "here we go again".
These are the good old days right now.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I watched the game recorded last night, and not too much to add to the 'we're stacked" type comments, however...

It was ridiculously impressive to see this offense execute deep in the 4th. Tasker reminded me it wasn't long ago the Bills couldn't even get their personnel groupings right in & out of the huddle. Again, into the 4th, playing with guys who won't even make the team, and they were virtually all in sync and on point and it was beautiful to watch.

It's probably me just rooting for underdogs again, but I hope they find room on PS for Blackshear until they have room for him on the roster. Undrafted free agents who succeed in the NFL are one of my favorite stories.

It's funny to me that Bills fan on social media can watch a game like this, and then absolutely lose their shit when the team sends Haack out for the lone punt. "Why not let Araiza see what he can do! That's ridiculous!" Ummm, y'know, perhaps the dudes who fielded this incredible roster already know what they're doing for the punter. Dumbasses.

Post of the year! Especially the last paragraph.

When the Bills raise the Lombardi (when, not if) in the near future…the tears of joy from a long suffering fan base will be absolutely amazing.

Edit: I’ll even hug a democrat if they are a Bills fan. Sports bringing  everyone together is a glorious thing…getting choked up thinking about it 🥹

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like 2

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Fans tend to ignore a big part of the whole picture, which is these are people.  It was Haack's turn and trust me, things like that matter both in the locker room and with Agents who help the players decide where to play.  The last thing this organization wants is to limit itself when it comes to bringing players in because its reputation is tarnished by not giving guys the fair shake they promised.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I love guys who are smart and willing to do the little things.  This was a HUGE little thing.

When you keep your QB upright that is always HUGE

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

3-13 ?

2-14.PNG

I would’ve loved 3-13 in 84 and 85.

Then again, we might not have gotten Bruce.