Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots Week 13 game preview

ABR

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Explains why they don't know shit about football.  

We wouldn't either, if we had Gary Marangi doing color commentary.

Yeah, but @IDBillzFan would be sliding off his seat every game.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aloyouis

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• ABR

• Core Four

Deranged Rhino
On 12/1/2021 at 3:00 PM, Aloyouis said:

Yeah.  I will delete the part of my post were I said Mac is better than Josh.  I have no idea what I was thinking.  It was a ridiculous thing to state at this point. 👊

Wait a gosh dang second!  I never said that! 🙄

Huh.  Imagine that.  You ate a mushroom before reading my post didn't you? 😉

WRT the rest of your post Nostradamus, when will the Patriots be drafting that new QB?  I need to know when to sell my Mac Jersey at the highest value.  TIA. 🥸

The NFL is a QB league. The team with the best QB wins more often than not as the Bills found out vs Brady for a decade. That’s the reality. So not addressing that fact makes the rest of the conversation nothing more than colored bubbles imo. Bill can coach his team up and keep them competitive, but the big games will always come down to who has the better QB that day. 

Without a doubt, by any metric you choose, Allen is superior now to what Jones can ever hope to be. Josh has better tools, better skills, more experience, and a killer instinct Jones lacks. I’ve heard guys who played with Jones (and against him) describe him as “Bo Callahan with a gut”. He’s soft. And it shows when he gets hit... which the Bills might not be capable of doing much right now, to be fair, but it just takes one or two shots and he’ll shrink. 

Josh is a killer, sometimes to his detriment. He will ball out harder than anyone on the field, and usually win with just his physical tools most of the time. And yes, sometimes that costs them games in the short term. Long term though, if you’re given the choice to have either 17 or Jones as your team’s QB, 9 out of 10 people would take Allen, and the one who didn’t is a bloody liar or incompetent. 

Jones vs Allen isn’t a real contest. Which means Monday night likely won’t be either. The Bills are going to expose the P*ts for the middling team they truly are, and that’s where they’ll remain with 10 under center for them. 

image.gif.07414f273a78d1f5f32b06c83a3c653e.gif

:beer: 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The NFL is a QB league. The team with the best QB wins more often than not as the Bills found out vs Brady for a decade. That’s the reality. So not addressing that fact makes the rest of the conversation nothing more than colored bubbles imo. Bill can coach his team up and keep them competitive, but the big games will always come down to who has the better QB that day. 

Without a doubt, by any metric you choose, Allen is superior now to what Jones can ever hope to be. Josh has better tools, better skills, more experience, and a killer instinct Jones lacks. I’ve heard guys who played with Jones (and against him) describe him as “Bo Callahan with a gut”. He’s soft. And it shows when he gets hit... which the Bills might not be capable of doing much right now, to be fair, but it just takes one or two shots and he’ll shrink. 

Josh is a killer, sometimes to his detriment. He will ball out harder than anyone on the field, and usually win with just his physical tools most of the time. And yes, sometimes that costs them games in the short term. Long term though, if you’re given the choice to have either 17 or Jones as your team’s QB, 9 out of 10 people would take Allen, and the one who didn’t is a bloody liar or incompetent. 

Jones vs Allen isn’t a real contest. Which means Monday night likely won’t be either. The Bills are going to expose the P*ts for the middling team they truly are, and that’s where they’ll remain with 10 under center for them. 

image.gif.07414f273a78d1f5f32b06c83a3c653e.gif

:beer: 

Ok.  This was NEVER about Josh vs. Mac at least not from my post.  If you want to make it that then fine.  Josh is better.  

That said, you went waaaaay out on a limb for reasons I can't fathom.  Why would you make this upcoming game a referendum on which QB is better?  Bad on what you said (inexplicably), the Bills will win because the best QB wins.  

Always. (Trevor Lawrence says HELLO!)

So, when the Bills win on Monday we all should realize based on your reasoning, it will be because Josh is better than Mac.  I already agreed to to that at this point in their careers.  

What will it mean if the Patriots win?

What happens if a soft, slow, pea shooter armed QB leads the Patriots to the win?

What the &#%$ are you gonna do then?  Draft ANOTHER QB since Josh will be worse than Mac?

Note:  If you wait a while for the paint to dry you can walk out of that corner you painted yourself into.

Have a nice day!

On 12/1/2021 at 11:01 AM, Core Four said:

Yeah, when I read that line quoting PFF, I had to scratch my head.  This is Dawkins' worst season as the Bills LT.  Not sure if Covid is still the problem or Dawkins just has a lack of focus.  If it is the former, it's week 13...how much longer does this last?  If it's the later, that is enormously disappointing given how he is paid.  BTW, isn't PFF rankings subjective, or am I thinking of another site?

It shocked me as well lol. I'll use it for a general guideline but there are several times where I see a grade of theirs that just doesn't make sense. You are correct, that is PFF. Many football coaches/players don't appreciate it because there's no surefire way to know what the player's assignment is on the plays they're graded on. But yeah, the Bills OL could improve pretty much across the board haha.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:58 AM, Core Four said:

LT, I'm not sure.  I've heard that this is not a good year for C.  I'm not a college football fan, so I get what I can from draft personalities where I find info relevant to what I am interested in.

There's supposed to be an elite center right in that range. Tyler Linderbaum from Iowa. Some call him the best interior line prospect in the 2022 class.

Just now, ABR said:

There's supposed to be an elite center right in that range. Tyler Linderbaum from Iowa. Some call him the best interior line prospect in the 2022 class.

Interesting.  What round is he projected in?  If the Bills can get a C and a LT, that will replace Morse, move Dawkins to LG, and hopefully improve the LT spot.  Three positions would be upgraded with two picks.  Doubt Doyle will be ready to start.

4 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Interesting.  What round is he projected in?  If the Bills can get a C and a LT, that will replace Morse, move Dawkins to LG, and hopefully improve the LT spot.  Three positions would be upgraded with two picks.  Doubt Doyle will be ready to start.

He's a first-round guy, or at least that's the early expectation. Might be out of reach for the Bills from the sound of it. I want to say like mid-first round but idk for sure.

Did a quick search. CBS' latest mock from Nov. 17 had him at #10. This site actually had him landing with the Bills, at 22.

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-mock-draft/

8 minutes ago, ABR said:

He's a first-round guy, or at least that's the early expectation. Might be out of reach for the Bills from the sound of it. I want to say like mid-first round but idk for sure.

Did a quick search. CBS' latest mock from Nov. 17 had him at #10. This site actually had him landing with the Bills, at 22.

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-mock-draft/

The link you listed had Carolina taking Matt Corral, QB from Miss St at 10.  Tyler Linderbaum wasn't listed.  Did a search and found a big board from Sporting News.  They have Linderbaum listed at 8, which no way we get him.  Other than him, there is nothing for center.  Some nice edge and OT prospects, but no other centers.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-2022-player-rankings-big-board/15xmexshw7ywc1u9ijg32sjwhr

43 minutes ago, ABR said:

It shocked me as well lol. I'll use it for a general guideline but there are several times where I see a grade of theirs that just doesn't make sense. You are correct, that is PFF. Many football coaches/players don't appreciate it because there's no surefire way to know what the player's assignment is on the plays they're graded on. But yeah, the Bills OL could improve pretty much across the board haha.

PFF had Tre White as the 52nd ranked CB as they went through the Thanksgiving starters.  Also Deonte Harris of NO was listed as the second best WR in the NFL.

Those are just two people…..I get it.  But results like that call the whole thing into question if you ask me.

25 minutes ago, Core Four said:

The link you listed had Carolina taking Matt Corral, QB from Miss St at 10.  Tyler Linderbaum wasn't listed.  Did a search and found a big board from Sporting News.  They have Linderbaum listed at 8, which no way we get him.  Other than him, there is nothing for center.  Some nice edge and OT prospects, but no other centers.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-2022-player-rankings-big-board/15xmexshw7ywc1u9ijg32sjwhr

Actually the link I shared had Lindy at 22 going to the Bills. The other one, the CBS one with him at 10 is here. Sorry about that.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-steelers-lions-find-qbs-as-four-passers-go-in-round-1/

And an updated one from today that has him at No. 17. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-steelers-lions-find-qbs-as-four-passers-go-in-round-1/

But yeah 8th-best prospect would be tough to nab 🥲

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

PFF had Tre White as the 52nd ranked CB as they went through the Thanksgiving starters.  Also Deonte Harris of NO was listed as the second best WR in the NFL.

Those are just two people…..I get it.  But results like that call the whole thing into question if you ask me.

Exactly. I appreciate them trying to grade players and give us fans something to go off of, better than nothing at times. But if they're that out of wack, obviously they still need to make a lot of tweaks. I still appreciate their analysis, but their grades... iffy at best.

4 minutes ago, ABR said:

Exactly. I appreciate them trying to grade players and give us fans something to go off of, better than nothing at times. But if they're that out of wack, obviously they still need to make a lot of tweaks. I still appreciate their analysis, but their grades... iffy at best.

I wonder if they are still adamant that Duck Dodgers is better than Allen.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Probably talking about Pitts backup QB...

Lmao you never know.. The only person I've ever heard that prefers Duck over his given name. Well, hopefully he prefers it 😬

On 12/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Explains why they don't know shit about football.  

We wouldn't either, if we had Gary Marangi doing color commentary.

Yes, this incorrect.  Every fan in the NFL learns about football from the radio color guy.

Brilliant.

14 minutes ago, ABR said:

Lmao you never know.. The only person I've ever heard that prefers Duck over his given name. Well, hopefully he prefers it 😬

They were talking about Duck Hodges being better than Allen on SNF in 2019.
Not sure Devlin is much better than Duck.