Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Got Pets?

IDBillzFan

God bless you for taking care of your dog, @Foxx.  Paco had spinal surgery because he had a slipped disc, which rendered him a paraplegic. He was young, and the surgery was expensive as hell ($7K), but leaving him as he was was just not an option. He ultimately recovered, and six years later he's still going strong, especially when there is snow outside. He absolutely loves the snow.

Thought you'd appreciate this post-surgery photo.

No photo description available.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

The Guy In Pants

This is Isabelle (Izzy). She’s a rescue. Did the dna and she’s 50% lab, like 13% pit and 10% chihuahua. The rest is mutt. She’s 5. Once we get a bigger place; we will get her another rescue. She lost her big brother to cancer in 2019.

We also have 2 horses, some feral cats that were dropped off or wandered up and some chickens.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec672cd6ea787097241e2a0f0d2f2b42.jpeg

4F468628-3A20-49CD-97C2-EBAFA4442D32.jpeg

48578631-965D-4136-A94F-3C37ED1DFEF2.jpeg

A619F258-DEA7-40A1-9D4E-03EA1E042B2C.jpeg

F5D83B46-A3AB-47A8-A53D-F07F90BEC20E.jpeg

DCEB2DC1-10BB-41CE-8BDB-AD267EB12EB9.jpeg

04C0F3C9-5225-4604-BB53-D0949C472443.jpeg

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

On 10/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, Foxx said:

An update of sorts on Isabella's lipoma removal. I wanted to wait a bit to be sure everything went okay.

We dropped her off last Thursday at 8am and picked her up at 2pm. The surgery was successful and from the vet's explanation, everything went as well as could be expected. she didn't even think it worthy of sending the mass for histopathology study. No drain tube was needed either.

When we picked her up, they led her out of the observation room and she just collapsed to the floor. I got down with her and tried to console her and see exactly how she was doing. After understanding she was okay, still a bit groggy from the anesthesia and getting direction from the aide towards the aftercare, we took her home.

They shaved her up more than I would have thought.

IA2g3jN.jpg

She bruised up pretty good and there was some swelling as well. Though the swelling was minor compared to the lipoma they removed.

SOjhCxR.jpg

This image above was just after we got home. The bruising became considerably more significant in the next few days. Happy to say that it is receding now though.

Isabella is a very vocal girl (wish my boy was half as vocal) and she was kind of breaking my heart a little that night. She was literally crying and sighing for hours. It didn't take long for her to slide back into her princess stature though. Everyday she has gotten better and better. She's got that pep in her step and the waddle is back.

Take her to the vet early next week just so they can check her wound. It looks really good though so no worries at present. Oh, one other thing... when we took her for the blood work prior to surgery, they discovered she is hypothyroid, so she will be on meds for that for the rest of her life.

So glad you got her the surgery & it went well.  That is truly excellent news.  

Will always have a pit in the stomach over letting the vet talk us out of surgery on our boy when it was small enough that it could've been removed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 12:39 PM, Taro T said:

So glad you got her the surgery & it went well.  That is truly excellent news.  

Will always have a pit in the stomach over letting the vet talk us out of surgery on our boy when it was small enough that it could've been removed.

Try to imagine being a vet - you have to live with the one mistake you made...they have to live with all of them.

There's a reason they have a ridiculous suicide rate.  I wouldn't do that job for 100x what I make now.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 11/12/2022 at 1:24 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Try to imagine being a vet - you have to live with the one mistake you made...they have to live with all of them.

There's a reason they have a ridiculous suicide rate.  I wouldn't do that job for 100x what I make now.

If you're a good vet.  I know a vet that botched a spay on a retriever, and blamed the owner.  He's no longer working in the area.  

• Angry 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Wow 1

The Guy In Pants

Outing over the weekend. Had some spare time to take littles out for a new toy and roaming around aimlessly at Lowes. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1636d81e5c169b8150792a7938255a53.jpeg

They snapped a picture of her playing at her day camp on Monday. She goes twice a week and as a very anxious and easily frightened rescue, it's helped her come out of her shell. She seems to only play with the black dogs and the owners believe it was because when we brought her in as a pup; our Diesel was her companion. He was a black lab. She loves her day camp.

image.jpeg.2194f922426ef70a1c71337ca92f2d7e.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1
  • Love 5

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Outing over the weekend. Had some spare time to take littles out for a new toy and roaming around aimlessly at Lowes. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1636d81e5c169b8150792a7938255a53.jpeg

They snapped a picture of her playing at her day camp on Monday. She goes twice a week and as a very anxious and easily frightened rescue, it's helped her come out of her shell. She seems to only play with the black dogs and the owners believe it was because when we brought her in as a pup; our Diesel was her companion. He was a black lab. She loves her day camp.

image.jpeg.2194f922426ef70a1c71337ca92f2d7e.jpeg

I'm just glad to see that you are, truly, in pants.

• Haha 5

The Guy In Pants
40 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm just glad to see that you are, truly, in pants.

Was forced on me. 

Apparently some people have a problem with me bringing sexy back.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, Foxx said:

An update of sorts on Isabella's lipoma removal. I wanted to wait a bit to be sure everything went okay.

We dropped her off last Thursday at 8am and picked her up at 2pm. The surgery was successful and from the vet's explanation, everything went as well as could be expected. she didn't even think it worthy of sending the mass for histopathology study. No drain tube was needed either.

When we picked her up, they led her out of the observation room and she just collapsed to the floor. I got down with her and tried to console her and see exactly how she was doing. After understanding she was okay, still a bit groggy from the anesthesia and getting direction from the aide towards the aftercare, we took her home.

They shaved her up more than I would have thought.

IA2g3jN.jpg

She bruised up pretty good and there was some swelling as well. Though the swelling was minor compared to the lipoma they removed.

SOjhCxR.jpg

This image above was just after we got home. The bruising became considerably more significant in the next few days. Happy to say that it is receding now though.

Isabella is a very vocal girl (wish my boy was half as vocal) and she was kind of breaking my heart a little that night. She was literally crying and sighing for hours. It didn't take long for her to slide back into her princess stature though. Everyday she has gotten better and better. She's got that pep in her step and the waddle is back.

Take her to the vet early next week just so they can check her wound. It looks really good though so no worries at present. Oh, one other thing... when we took her for the blood work prior to surgery, they discovered she is hypothyroid, so she will be on meds for that for the rest of her life.

Just a small follow up here.

Initially the vet prescribed 0.8mg Levothyroxine Sodium daily for Isabella's hypothyroid condition. Which after 30 days, more blood work would be required to check where her thyroid levels were. During that 30 day post op period, after a weeks recovery of the lipoma removal, it was like someone replaced our princess with a dog who became full of piss and vinegar. No longer was she content to sleep 20 hours a day, she wanted to bounce off the walls 20 hours a day. This was a little problematic because she was not supposed to be very active, climbing steps, and what have you, so that she didn't tear out her stiches and the wound was allowed to heal properly. 

We were shocked at this turnaround. It was welcomed but we were unsure if it was temporary joy at having the growth removed or if it was due to her thyroid being better equipped. We took her in for the subsequent blood work and they said the dosage needed to be cut in half, to .4mg daily. Her surprising energy level has stabilized to the point where she is now more active than she was before surgery but not bouncing off the walls like she was with twice as much Levothyroxine Sodium.

Her wound has healed very nicely and I'd say she is a new dog.

:jackson:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

We have a cat. We took her home after someone dropped her off at the Charlton girls school. She was dumpster diving for food. It was a very cold February 6 years ago. The girls got her to come inside. And after 3 days my wife’s friend brought her to our house.  
we put up notes all over the place. After a month we took her to the vet to get checked out.  Said she was around 2 years old. Named her KG after the schools name. 
She only has a 3” long tail. 
she is an indoor cat. Open the sliding door or any door and she has no interest to go outside.  If near the sliding door she runs away from it. 

we all so have two granddogs 

a golden retriever-  granddaughters house. 
English bulldog-   At our sons place. 

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
On 2/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, KD in CA said:

The ad for this shirt immediately made me think of all you guys....

image.png.61135c8feb91606785bce482d8179d1f.png

That's a big maybe.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

That's a big maybe.

1) The guy who gave me the beer.

2) The guy who gave me the dog.

3) ...Ryan Reynolds?  Maybe?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
CarpetCrawler

Lost my dog this morning, a month shy of 17 years old. A 5-pound chihuahua named Peanut that had the heart of a 50-pounder.  

• Sad 9