Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Got Pets?

IDBillzFan

2 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Lost my dog this morning, a month shy of 17 years old. A 5-pound chihuahua named Peanut that had the heart of a 50-pounder.  

I am so sorry for your loss, @CarpetCrawler :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Lost my dog this morning, a month shy of 17 years old. A 5-pound chihuahua named Peanut that had the heart of a 50-pounder.  

I'm sorry to hear. Im sure you are going to miss your friend, 17 years is pretty good long life though. Hopefully after enough time passes, you will be inclined to provide a home for another of man's best friends.

My new tenants have a chihuahua, first one I have ever met, and she is just the sweetest little thing.

• Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

I'm sorry to hear. Im sure you are going to miss your friend, 17 years is pretty good long life though. Hopefully after enough time passes, you will be inclined to provide a home for another of man's best friends.

My new tenants have a chihuahua, first one I have ever met, and she is just the sweetest little thing.

(Chihuahuas are great, but they are like wireless doorbells, if anyone new comes to the door or in the house they will bark their heads off to warn their masters. But the people that frequent the house they will get used to and love. The method we discovered was to have anyone new sit down as soon as they came in the house and put a hand down low so he could get a good sniff, after that a little pat on the head and they were friends forever.)

Thank you and thanks to everyone for your support and sympathy. We might take a little break, or we might bring home a couple of cats that were abandoned by our place upstate and took up residence in the lean-to on the side of the garage where we store firewood. The neighbors feed them and were going to take them in (even took them to a vet to be checked out and they are 2 very healthy, 3-5 year old, fixed, male, orange Maine Coon cats), but they have 2 older cats already and it was not a good mix. I have to believe someone either drove there and abandoned them or someone in the area moved away and didn't take them with them. 

I've never had cats, but my wife grew up with them and these 2 loved my son, he even went and sat in the garage with them for hours on Memorial Day weekend. I worry about coyotes and foxes (no offense) up there and they would most likely not survive an Adirondack winter. In a karmic way, it makes perfect sense to adopt them. 

• Cheers 2
  • Love 2

• 4 weeks later...
The Guy In Pants

Last weekend I inserted myself into a situation that I did not agree with as it pertains to how a dog is treated. I've been in contact with those I need to be in order to make it official. 

Mr. Charlie Brown is now home. Isabelle seems to be taking it well and they are being integrated slowly after his vet treatment. He is now able to be in the house. I was keeping him isolated in a building outside in which he had his own bed, a TV and air conditioning. image.thumb.jpeg.b0d8c4b91631ed5ba9f2e417840d19d3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6b4f52520566ba40b79d5a38e9adcb78.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

CarpetCrawler
On 6/5/2023 at 6:56 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

(Chihuahuas are great, but they are like wireless doorbells, if anyone new comes to the door or in the house they will bark their heads off to warn their masters. But the people that frequent the house they will get used to and love. The method we discovered was to have anyone new sit down as soon as they came in the house and put a hand down low so he could get a good sniff, after that a little pat on the head and they were friends forever.)

Thank you and thanks to everyone for your support and sympathy. We might take a little break, or we might bring home a couple of cats that were abandoned by our place upstate and took up residence in the lean-to on the side of the garage where we store firewood. The neighbors feed them and were going to take them in (even took them to a vet to be checked out and they are 2 very healthy, 3-5 year old, fixed, male, orange Maine Coon cats), but they have 2 older cats already and it was not a good mix. I have to believe someone either drove there and abandoned them or someone in the area moved away and didn't take them with them. 

I've never had cats, but my wife grew up with them and these 2 loved my son, he even went and sat in the garage with them for hours on Memorial Day weekend. I worry about coyotes and foxes (no offense) up there and they would most likely not survive an Adirondack winter. In a karmic way, it makes perfect sense to adopt them. 

I hate quoting my own posts but as an update we're in the mountains for a long 4th of July weekend and the cats have been living in the house with us for the last 3 days. My wife and son came up Friday, they could only find one of them and a neighbor told them there had been a fox coming around the yard lately, so we were fearing the worst. Luckily the next morning he was there too so my wife let them on the screen porch where the other one spent the night and called a mobile groomer to come and give them a bath and treat them for fleas, ticks, and lice. Ever since then, they've been in the whole house as happy as can be.

I showed up Saturday night (had to work a day shift) with supplies, and the litter tray wasn't even on the ground 30 seconds before one of them was in it doing his business. It was very reassuring to know they were already familiar with this, it's quite obvious they were housecats before and are quite content to be living that life again.

So the whole kit and kaboodle of us will be making the trip back downstate on Wednesday and there will be another house for them to get used to. Thank goodness we're not anticipating too much trouble with that now. 

My son is a big fan if the old series Supernatural, so our newest family members are Sam and Dean. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

The Guy In Pants
22 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I hate quoting my own posts but as an update we're in the mountains for a long 4th of July weekend and the cats have been living in the house with us for the last 3 days. My wife and son came up Friday, they could only find one of them and a neighbor told them there had been a fox coming around the yard lately, so we were fearing the worst. Luckily the next morning he was there too so my wife let them on the screen porch where the other one spent the night and called a mobile groomer to come and give them a bath and treat them for fleas, ticks, and lice. Ever since then, they've been in the whole house as happy as can be.

I showed up Saturday night (had to work a day shift) with supplies, and the litter tray wasn't even on the ground 30 seconds before one of them was in it doing his business. It was very reassuring to know they were already familiar with this, it's quite obvious they were housecats before and are quite content to be living that life again.

So the whole kit and kaboodle of us will be making the trip back downstate on Wednesday and there will be another house for them to get used to. Thank goodness we're not anticipating too much trouble with that now. 

My son is a big fan if the old series Supernatural, so our newest family members are Sam and Dean. 

I’m glad they’ve found a loving home with people like yall

• Cheers 2

CarpetCrawler
7 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I’m glad they’ve found a loving home with people like yall

Thanks, same for your new furry family member too.

• Love 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 9:26 AM, Ann said:

First, I want to say that if you aren't using stretch-tite (and freeze-tite) for your plastic wrap needs, you are missing out because it really works. And second, :classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

That is absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

Spent Thanksgiving with my family, including my sister's dog.  Gimli, a labradoodle.  Hates counting - start counting "1...2...3..." you won't get to four before he starts barking.  I established he doesn't like counting in English or Spanish, is okay with German.  Also doesn't mind convergent series ("one-half, three-quarters, seven-eights...") but does not like the Fibonacci sequence ("1...1...2...3...5...8...")  

Also, does not like shuffling cards.  If you shuffle a deck of cards, he will run up and growl at it.

Counting cards ("Ace...2...3...4...") is right out.

Weird-ass dog.  I like him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Spent Thanksgiving with my family, including my sister's dog.  Gimli, a labradoodle.  Hates counting - start counting "1...2...3..." you won't get to four before he starts barking.  I established he doesn't like counting in English or Spanish, is okay with German.  Also doesn't mind convergent series ("one-half, three-quarters, seven-eights...") but does not like the Fibonacci sequence ("1...1...2...3...5...8...")  

Also, does not like shuffling cards.  If you shuffle a deck of cards, he will run up and growl at it.

I just want to know, who sniffed whose ass first?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Friend of mine had a labradoodle. Great guard dog but dumber than a stick.