Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

General Game Day Thread Week 15 (2022)

Foxx

Jefferson with a chest injury.  Expected to return.

I don't know how you don't rush to the LOS after that pass play and get the next play off.  You're down 4TDs. 

The announcers just referenced Jeff Saturday's leadership abilities. It's difficult for a non fan of a team to see intangibles from a player on that team that is not in the limelight. Saturday, by all reports was an excellent center for the Colts for a long period of time. I'm sure it's not news that centers need to not only be athletic but have a really good football IQ to make the line calls and adjustments. When he was named the Colt's interim head coach there was a considerable amount of derision and laughter around the league mainly because of his lack of coaching experience. 

I've posted here and quite a bit over at the Aud Club regarding the utmost importance of leadership and its necessity over all else as a quality of a head coach. I was one of those saying WTF when Saturday was named to lead the Colts. My reaction was based on a lack of knowledge of the person and I'm sure influenced by the consensus opinions directed towards his hiring.

Whether it involves sports, business, the military or even politics, leadership trumps all. The lack of technical knowledge or certain experience may make it difficult for the man/woman in charge but a leader can be successful by building a team that makes up for those shortfalls. The person calling the shots needs to get a buy-in from those he/she leads and make them want to run through a wall for the guy/gal. 

We often hear people, especially TV announcers make statements touting the future head coaching possibilities for the latest wonderboy offensive or defensive coordinators. Their schemes may be nice or even great but those attributes are only down the list when it comes to the qualifications needed for a head coach. Jeff Saturday, the guy that received a lot of ridicule for his appointment with the Colts may prove all of the know-it-alls wrong and be a perfect example for why team owners and GM's should widen their horizons when it's time to choose a head coach. 

Jabba The Hutt
9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What did I miss that the Colts are winning 36-14?  :classic_wacko:

A first half ass whooping consisting of Kurt Cousins playing how he always does when he gets to the playoffs... Somebody forgot to tell him it's not for a few more weeks.:classic_laugh:

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt

Also Jefferson lucky that wasn't a penalty for the helmet slam tight in front of the ref....not sure how it wasn't. Nice throw, vintage Cousins!

What's going on with Thielen:crying3:

Jabba The Hutt
Just now, Ann said:

i thought it was his shoulder 🤷‍♀️

All helmet to helmet...he should've known a hit that high would probably catch him there