Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Draft (because why not?)

Deranged Rhino

IDBillzFan

Again, at the risk of trying to swim in the wrong pool, doesn't it make more sense for the Bills to bring in an experienced WR1 instead of hoping a trade-up for a rookie super hopped-up draft pick pans out?

The team has almost always tried to have a vet in each group. I wouldn't consider Dawson Knox that guy for the receivers, and I'm not convinced Curtis Samuel can be that guy.

They always had a Kyle for the O, a Von to work with Rousseau, etc.

Deranged Rhino
59 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Again, at the risk of trying to swim in the wrong pool, doesn't it make more sense for the Bills to bring in an experienced WR1 instead of hoping a trade-up for a rookie super hopped-up draft pick pans out?

The team has almost always tried to have a vet in each group. I wouldn't consider Dawson Knox that guy for the receivers, and I'm not convinced Curtis Samuel can be that guy.

They always had a Kyle for the O, a Von to work with Rousseau, etc.

It makes sense - but bonafide #1s don’t reach free agency often, if ever. So they’d have to trade for one - which likely would  end up being more expensive (both in terms of cap and draft capital) than moving up to grab one of the top 4 prospects this year. 

That said, I fully expect them to sign or trade for a vet 1a or 1b type guy in addition to moving up to take a premier WR prospect in this draft. It may happen draft weekend - or it may happen before camp - but it’s coming. 

It just won’t be a Higgins, Jefferson, Aiyuk type WR because those guys are too pricey. (Imo). 

• Like 2

Fansince88
On 4/9/2024 at 7:12 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Man, we have some of the absolutely dumbest mf'ing fans in the world.

And some lurk these halls. Think back to November.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

According to the OBF DAB POMA Quantum Draft Projections, the Bills will either trade up in the 1st, trade down in the 1st, trade out of the 1st, or stand pat.

And it's a quantum prediction, so I guarantee it's right.

• Popcorn 2

28 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

According to the OBF DAB POMA Quantum Draft Projections, the Bills will either trade up in the 1st, trade down in the 1st, trade out of the 1st, or stand pat.

And it's a quantum prediction, so I guarantee it's right.

Or they could make a quantum move and just surrender all of their picks and wait until 2025.

Fansince88
Just now, Nanker said:

Or they could make a quantum move and just surrender all of their picks and wait until 2025.

I would think that if this was in the cards the OBF DAB POMA Quantum Draft projector would have mentioned it. 🤔 Dont you think? If anything I have learned is to never add to or take away from the OBF DAB POMA Quantum Draft projector.

6 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I would think that if this was in the cards the OBF DAB POMA Quantum Draft projector would have mentioned it. 🤔 Dont you think? If anything I have learned is to never add to or take away from the OBF DAB POMA Quantum Draft projector.

True dat. But the lens might have burned out. Hey, ya never know.

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Ann said:

4.21 is incredible, but I can't even begin to count the players that came into the league with sub-4.3 speed and never succeeded.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 1