Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Sabres 23/24 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Rumors? I don’t know? Just seeing a bunch of stuff like this. Sabres are useless. Hopefully they are sold and moved and we get an nba team in here.

Your link is behind a paywall.

That tweet is from a site managed by ONE guy, referring back to one very thin story at a site called "12ozsports," which has three stories about Pegula selling "everything but the Bills," all of which reference nothing other than each other.  

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think any of this is credible.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Billsandhorns
4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That article's two years old, though.

I can't find anything from this year, As of Sept 2023 when Terry dissolved PSE. States they are not for sale.

They also took the NBA franchise away from Buffalo

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That tweet is from a site managed by ONE guy, referring back to one very thin story at a site called "12ozsports," which has three stories about Pegula selling "everything but the Bills," all of which reference nothing other than each other.  

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think any of this is credible.

Yes at first I didn’t think much of it until I seen Bob lonsbury mention it in a tweet. That raised an eyebrow a little but figured it was or could be rumor?

10 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

I can't find anything from this year, As of Sept 2023 when Terry dissolved PSE. States they are not for sale.

They also took the NBA franchise away from Buffalo

I know the franchise moved. I personally would like to see a team come to Buffalo. Hockey is ok. I like the NBA. Basketball was the sport I played.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Terry clearly doesn’t care about the Sabres. It is time for him to sell.

Terry cares deeply about the Sabres.  That's the problem.  Fan-owner.

• Popcorn 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Terry cares deeply about the Sabres.  That's the problem.  Fan-owner.

He hasn’t commented on them in a few years. They have been a crap show since he bought them. Stadium is half empty all the time. I think he cared about them till he bought the bills. Now they are just an investment. The bills turned around under him & Kim. The Sabres still suck. If he cared about them he should at least get out in front of this. I went from a Sabres fan years ago to rooting more for Jessica in tennis. 

It kill’s me if the bills don’t win. I used to root for the Sabres more when I was younger. I only have an interest in them winning now because I would like to see a team bring a championship to Buffalo. I lost interest in hockey during the strikes years ago and more so when I realized these European players will take a night off and sleep walk thru games. I’m guessing they still mail it in on any given night? I don’t watch enough to know. I catch about 3-5 games a year and only go if someone gives me a ticket which hasn’t been in a few years.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

He hasn’t commented on them in a few years. They have been a crap show since he bought them. Stadium is half empty all the time. I think he cared about them till he bought the bills. Now they are just an investment. The bills turned around under him & Kim. The Sabres still suck. If he cared about them he should at least get out in front of this. I went from a Sabres fan years ago to rooting more for Jessica in tennis. 

Because he's trying to run the team as a fan, not an owner.  It's "Dan Snyder Syndrome."

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
10 minutes ago, Pete said:

He bought the Bills for Kim. He's more of a Sabres fan than a Bills fan

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Would rather have had Camelface but that's likely a pipe dream as it isn't likely the guys down in LTL would let him walk after their season is over though he would be a UFA.

He's been a very good coach through the years; just hoping the game hasn't passed him by.  His only good year in Joisey was the year Brunette was on his staff.

The positives are:

he has ALWAYS run with a system geared for the players he has.  (He ran at least 3 different systems through the years while he was in Buffalo.)

he is very well respected within the league and should be able to bring in really good assistant coaches.  (Matt Ellis CAN'T be happy about this.  And Adams did say about a week ago that Ellis will NOT be running the PP this coming year.)

and he bleeds blue and gold.

Will be interesting to see if/how this moves the needle on renewals.

• Like 4
  • Popcorn 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

&#%$ing seriously?  This isn't a joke?

• Popcorn 2

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Would rather have had Camelface but that's likely a pipe dream as it isn't likely the guys down in LTL would let him walk after their season is over though he would be a UFA.

He's been a very good coach through the years; just hoping the game hasn't passed him by.  His only good year in Joisey was the year Brunette was on his staff.

The positives are:

he has ALWAYS run with a system geared for the players he has.  (He ran at least 3 different systems through the years while he was in Buffalo.)

he is very well respected within the league and should be able to bring in really good assistant coaches.  (Matt Ellis CAN'T be happy about this.  And Adams did say about a week ago that Ellis will NOT be running the PP this coming year.)

and he bleeds blue and gold.

Will be interesting to see if/how this moves the needle on renewals.

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

&#%$ing seriously?  This isn't a joke?

Time to bring the cup home!! 

How many times has a coach returned to a team he has been let go from in NHL let alone in any sport?

1 minute ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Time to bring the cup home!! 

How many times has a coach returned to a team he has been let go from in NHL let alone in any sport?

Well, right ottomh, it happened about 12 years ago in Buffalo.  Didn't go quite as well as hoped.  Or did it go EXACTLY as hoped by management at the the time?