Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hurricane Season 2023

MothersMilk

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I hope you are nowhere near this!

Nope;  just a cloudy day up here.  My wife's extended family lives down near Palm Springs, but it doesn't sound too bad other than road flooding that will require some clean up.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 8/21/2023 at 5:37 PM, Ann said:

I hope you are nowhere near this!

GFS model shows a Cat.1 heading your way Wednesday or so. That's just one model though. OP in this thread is the one to watch leading up to that. Could also go just to the west of Tampa too... we'll see.

• Sad 2

Jabba The Hutt
16 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

GFS model shows a Cat.1 heading your way Wednesday or so. That's just one model though. OP in this thread is the one to watch leading up to that. Could also go just to the west of Tampa too... we'll see.

I'll tell you where it's going...just like the last one "heading to Tampa" it's going to Pine Island. @Ann

• Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
4 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Even though it looks to be a 1 it's going to move along very quickly so that is a bit of good news.

Besides the intensity that was the major problem with Ian...so large and it sat on us FOREVERRRRR. Would not GTFO

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Besides the intensity that was the major problem with Ian...so large and it sat on us FOREVERRRRR. Would not GTFO

What part of Florida do you live?

• Cheers 2

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

What part of Florida do you live?

We were on Pine Island off the coast of Ft. Myers and Cape Coral. North of Sanibel Island. We GTFO after Ian. Just sold the house but have some property and close friends there still.

Cone is starting to shift south towards us once again there I'm afraid...My friend and I say we deserve the top storm consultants spots in the world because we have called the exact landfall location and path of Ian way before anybody, now looks like we're gonna see this go the same way, fingers crossed it doesn't jump to a 4 or 5 like Ian did but we wouldn't expect any less at this point. We called this after Ian, and said it would be either a month before or same date as Ian.

Edited by Jabba The Hutt
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

We were on Pine Island off the coast of Ft. Myers and Cape Coral. North of Sanibel Island. We GTFO after Ian. Just sold the house but have some property and close friends there still.

Cone is starting to shift south towards us once again there I'm afraid...My friend and I say we deserve the top storm consultants spots in the world because we have called the exact landfall location and path of Ian way before anybody, now looks like we're gonna see this go the same way, fingers crossed it doesn't jump to a 4 or 5 like Ian did but we wouldn't expect any less at this point. We called this after Ian, and said it would be either a month before or same date as Ian.

We are around 7 miles due east of Tampa... looks like, as of now, it'll be 100 or so miles off shore so in this area we can expect 60-75 mph winds. I'm sending her and the cat to the condo in Tampa, I will be staying close to the house like I did with Ian... under a bank drive thru canopy about 800 feet from here. Have to leave as we have big oaks around the house. I hate this &#%$ing state.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

We are around 7 miles due east of Tampa... looks like, as of now, it'll be 100 or so miles off shore so in this area we can expect 60-75 mph winds. I'm sending her and the cat to the condo in Tampa, I will be staying close to the house like I did with Ian... under a bank drive thru canopy about 800 feet from here. Have to leave as we have big oaks around the house. I hate this &#%$ing state.

I hope it passes you quickly and is only rain.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1