Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hurricane Season 2023

MothersMilk

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

Misread the hurricane warning. It’s hitting now right here. But it’s well south and east of the mainland area. They’ll get wind no doubt. We’re getting the rain. Should be gone by tomorrow. 

Good luck.

Hope you got milk!

6 hours ago, Nanker said:

Misread the hurricane warning. It’s hitting now right here. But it’s well south and east of the mainland area. They’ll get wind no doubt. We’re getting the rain. Should be gone by tomorrow. 

Stay safe! :hug:

3 hours ago, snafu said:

Good luck.

Hope you got milk!

Yep. Just like any emergency - Milk, Eggs, and Bread. Because everyone knows you need to eat French Toast during a big storm!

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Stay safe! :hug:

Thanks to you both!

Actually, when my wife woke up she set me straight. The Hurricane was over Bermuda this morning. It won't get her in force till late Friday some time. Still expect it to be offshore and to the east of us.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
55 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yep. Just like any emergency - Milk, Eggs, and Bread. Because everyone knows you need to eat French Toast during a big storm!

But not toilet paper.  Everyone during a storm sits on the pot drinking milk and eating fried egg sandwiches.

• Haha 2

On 9/14/2023 at 4:10 AM, Nanker said:

Sure sounds like it. 

Hurricane Lee supposed to stay offshore, but high winds, rip tides are supposed to be fierce. Friday is supposed to be a mess. 

Thunder storms right now. 

I went riding on the motorcycle a few weeks back with a friend from school I had not see in 35 years. His name is Lee. Lives in NJ nowadays but he is in Boston right now waiting for Lee, the storm, to come thrpugh ao he can clean up after him/her. 

My son that lives in Plattsburgh is on his way to Bangor Maine to wait for it and restore power. 

Edited by Fansince88

30+ mph winds here now. No real rain yet all day so far. Expecting that around midnight - 2 AM then again tomorrow morning. All told it was a quiet day here, though folks are tuned in to the weather forecasts. 

SIL lives in Stonington, ME year round. They may see a bit more of the Snotty Weather than we will. We’re stocked with good amounts of Milk, Bread, and eggs per advice from @snafu

(also have the booze and wine stocks at greater than survivalist levels. All that, an our whole house generator should get us through this pretty well. That is of   course if none of the 80ft pitch pines and oak trees decide to come crashing down on our house. :chair: 

• Cheers 3

58 minutes ago, Nanker said:

30+ mph winds here now. No real rain yet all day so far. Expecting that around midnight - 2 AM then again tomorrow morning. All told it was a quiet day here, though folks are tuned in to the weather forecasts. 

SIL lives in Stonington, ME year round. They may see a bit more of the Snotty Weather than we will. We’re stocked with good amounts of Milk, Bread, and eggs per advice from @snafu

(also have the booze and wine stocks at greater than survivalist levels. All that, an our whole house generator should get us through this pretty well. That is of   course if none of the 80ft pitch pines and oak trees decide to come crashing down on our house. :chair: 

Good luck, @Nanker :hug:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:00 AM, Nanker said:

Thanks to you both!

That sounds like a good hurricane breakfast, if you’ve got the flat top for the grill and a full tank of propane!

Stay safe!

• 2 weeks later...