Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hurricane Season 2023

MothersMilk

CarpetCrawler
9 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Live Tampa coverage for anyone who could possibly be affected:

Looks like the same exact path as the one in June.

• Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Looks like the same exact path as the one in June.

Yeah... conditions weren't good at all for that one but now the gulf has some places with 94 degree water. New update at 11pm. 

Edit: if you are going by the pic in the 1st post it constantly updates.. if no storms it'll just say something like "nothing to monitor at this time".

Edited by MothersMilk
  • Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
13 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

We are around 7 miles due east of Tampa... looks like, as of now, it'll be 100 or so miles off shore so in this area we can expect 60-75 mph winds. I'm sending her and the cat to the condo in Tampa, I will be staying close to the house like I did with Ian... under a bank drive thru canopy about 800 feet from here. Have to leave as we have big oaks around the house. I hate this &#%$ing state.

Be safe! Prayers for you guys having to go through it.

• Cheers 3

On 8/30/2023 at 6:23 PM, Ann said:

@MothersMilk I hope you were not severely impacted.

Made it out ok but if it were 50 miles closer things would be different. The people up on the big bend/nature coast are getting exactly what they don't need right now... a bunch of thunderstorms and rain with the training effect.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Lee is expected to become a Cat. 5 storm... stay the #$% away.

From what I have seen, I don't think it is expected to make landfall. But one never knows I guess.

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

From what I have seen, I don't think it is expected to make landfall. But one never knows I guess.

Yeah... 6-7 days ahead forecasts aren't set in stone, all it takes is one little change. Supposed to become a Cat. 5 overnight tonight. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Yeah... 6-7 days ahead forecasts aren't set in stone, all it takes is one little change. Supposed to become a Cat. 5 overnight tonight. 

I see the latest forecasts say there is a good likelihood it hits New England/Canada. Probably won't be a Cat 5 at that point though.

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 9/7/2023 at 6:57 PM, Foxx said:

I see the latest forecasts say there is a good likelihood it hits New England/Canada. Probably won't be a Cat 5 at that point though.

Right now, trending more towards Newfoundland than New England.  But that's still a week away, so who knows?  

Good timing for me.  Off New England a week before I go to Cape Cod.  

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, snafu said:

@Nanker, you gon get weather?

My kid in Boston says everyone is planning for destruction.

Sure sounds like it. 

Hurricane Lee supposed to stay offshore, but high winds, rip tides are supposed to be fierce. Friday is supposed to be a mess. 

Thunder storms right now. 

• Cheers 2

Misread the hurricane warning. It’s hitting now right here. But it’s well south and east of the mainland area. They’ll get wind no doubt. We’re getting the rain. Should be gone by tomorrow. 

• Wow 1