Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'23 Week 9 General Game Day Thread

Foxx

USATSI_21769497.jpg

© Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports

Week 8 saw the last winless team get off the schneid. The Panthers came off their bye to beat the Texans (who also had their bye the previous week) in Carolina. The Broncos pulled a shocker in Denver, beating the Chiefs. Of course, it is hard to not to win when you are the recipient of 5 turnovers. And the Bengals showed that they are back in regular form with a resounding victory over the 49ers, in San Fran. We can't be sure just yet but, defenses may have finally caught up to Mr. Irreverent, Brock Purdy. 

This weeks games sees a number of them with a measure of significance.

In Pennsylvania, the Titans will want to see if Levis can replicate his dazzling debut last week against a pretty stout Falcons defense. If he comes anywhere close to that performance, it should be enough to beat the offensively challenged Steelers. Pittsburgh just wants to get back into the winning column and keep their playoff dream on track. It is quite possible the Steeler's winning record is a mirage, though. Underlying that belief is the fact that they are ranked 30th on both offense and defense. 

Miami and Kansas City continue the NFL's overseas showcase experiment, playing in Germany. There is quite a bit riding on the outcome of the game. To be specific, the overall number one ranking in the AFC. Can the Dolphins beat their first winning team since week 3 of last year? The Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes will probably be a little ornery after losing last week so it won't be easy.

Down by the Ohio River, the Bills will look to take on a Cincinnati team that has thoroughly embarrassed them in the past five quarters the two have played.  Joe Cool's calf looks to be fully healed and the Bengals are beginning to play like the team to beat in the AFC. After three weeks of playing poorly, the Bills displayed signs of life on both sides of the ball last week. They will be looking to show that their mid-season slump is a thing of the past and that they are still one of the teams favored to reach the post-season and be reckoned with. Beat the Bengals here and talk of the Super Bowl will be revived in Western NY.

Week 9 Standings

NFL 2023 AFC Week 9.jpg

NFL 2023 NFC Week 9.jpg

Schedule:

Thursday, November 2nd  

Titans at Steelers 8:15 p.m                                  Amazon Prime  

Sunday, November 5th 

Dolphins at Chiefs (Germany) 9:30 a.m.             NFLN/NFL+

Vikings at Falcons 1 p.m.                                      FOX   

Bears at Saints 1 p.m.                                           CBS

Rams at Packers 1 p.m.                                         FOX   

Commanders at Patriots 1 p.m.                            FOX

Seahawks at Ravens 1 p.m. ET,                            CBS

Buccaneers at Texans 1 p.m.                                CBS

Cardinals at Browns 1 p.m.                                   CBS

Colts at Panthers 4:05 p.m.                                  CBS

Giants at Raiders 4:25 p.m.                                  FOX

Cowboys at Eagles 4:25 p.m.                               FOX

Bills at Bengals 8:20 p.m.                                      NBC

Monday, November 6th

Chargers at Jets 8:15 p.m.                                    ESPN/ABC

If the Playoffs began Today

NFL 2023 Week 9 Playoff Positions.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I believe Mahomes is something like 567-1 after a loss. Hopefully they make it 568. They haven't been themselves of late, but you CAN move the ball on Miami if you have the offense.

On the other hand, if Taylor Swift isn't at the game and the Chefs lose, the NFL fandom world will almost be worth the loss. Some people think the socks they wear play a roll in how their team does. One can only imagine the death threats Swift will start getting. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Annie.jpg

Even though I know all her videos are in mirror, it still took me a sec to figure out what the heck JTA is supposed to mean.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Even though I know all her videos are in mirror, it still took me a sec to figure out what the heck JTA is supposed to mean.

LTA. Yeah, the reverse image drives me crazy. But so does Annie 😁

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

I can’t wait to see how many called penalties this games. Right now, the count is 321,416. Shesh

Refs have been liberal with the laundry

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1