Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 General Manager Positions

Ann

I'm starting a thread to keep General Manager opening positions together and see who the Bills might lose. 

In the last three years, 13 teams have replaced their general manager. This year, these are the teams that will be seeking new GMs.

Las Vegas ✔️
Chargers ✔️
Carolina ✔️
Washington ✔️

● New England

Past General Manager Openings Threads:

2023 General Manager Openings
2022 General Manager Openings
2021 General Manager Openings

• Like 2

The Raiders weren't buyers or sellers at the trade deadline, but they did make a pivotal decision for the franchise's future late Tuesday night.

Las Vegas has fired head coach Josh McDaniels and general manager David Ziegler, owner Mark Davis announced in a statement.

"After much thought about what the Raiders need to move forward, I have decided to part ways with Josh and Dave," Davis' statement read. "I want to thank them both for their hard work and wish them and their families nothing but the best."

</snip>

Original discussion about this in the Around the NFL 2023 Season thread starts here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Gonna be a very interesting offseason in Vegas.  Curious as to what happens with Brady's possible involvement.

Last I read he was trying to buy a percentage for an amount that was severely below market value. I suppose his 'brand' is worth something though.

23 hours ago, Foxx said:

Last I read he was trying to buy a percentage for an amount that was severely below market value. I suppose his 'brand' is worth something though.

He should just stick with his WNBA LV team. He’s better suited for being a dilettante of that league. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Not to mention their HC too. 

They HAS to after last night’s debacle on the national stage. 

Come on, being down 49-0 against the Raiders isn’t that bad!  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Come on, being down 49-0 against the Raiders isn’t that bad!  

Not sure how much Telesco is to blame for Staley's coaching, other than hiring the dude.

• I don't know 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Not sure how much Telesco is to blame for Staley's coaching, other than hiring the dude.

True.  And, other than the coach, who was an absolute disaster, he'd assembled a really good team.

Hate that the Bills play them their 1st week without the shackle of Staley.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Ann said:

So, trading away next year's 1st overall pick to get the 1st overall this year to select an undersized QB while the guy you passed on and goes next takes his team to the playoffs is a bad thing? 

Had somebody said something, that never would've happened.  Now that we all know the ground rules, you can be certain that'll never happen again.  Why didn't somebody say something up front?

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, trading away next year's 1st overall pick to get the 1st overall this year to select an undersized QB while the guy you passed on and goes next takes his team to the playoffs is a bad thing? 

Had somebody said something, that never would've happened.  Now that we all know the ground rules, you can be certain that'll never happen again.  Why didn't somebody say something up front?

From all reports, it was due to Tepper. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

From all reports, it was due to Tepper. :facepalm:

OK, so following ownership's orders and trading away next year's 1st overall pick this year to select an undersized QB while the guy you passed on and goes next takes his team to the playoffs is a bad thing?

:classic_wink:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

OK, so following ownership's orders and trading away next year's 1st overall pick this year to select an undersized QB while the guy you passed on and goes next takes his team to the playoffs is a bad thing?

:classic_wink:

I have said before that I don't know who'd want the coaching job there. GM seems like an even bigger headache. I get that there are only 32 of these positions, but Tepper seems rather unreasonable.

• Cheers 2

Panthers request interviews with eight GM candidates

The Panthers have begun the process of finding their next general manager by requesting permission to interview eight candidates so far.

On Monday, the team requested permission to interview the following:

— Giants assistant GM Brandon Brown
— Buccaneers assistant GM Mike Greenberg
— Chiefs vice president of football operations Brandt Tilis.
— Eagles assistant GM Alec Halaby
— Saints assistant GM Khai Harley
— Ravens vice president of football administration Nick Matteo
— Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds 
— Raiders interim GM Champ Kelly 

• Cheers 2