Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘ 23 The Aftermath - Bills vs. Bengals - Week #9

Ann

The Guy In Pants
20 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Ok, so I have narrowed my BP to one of 3 things.

Stimulants: had coffee on the ride home from my daughters and a couple pieces of candy.

Buffalo Bills: when they play like this I see some elevation. 

Billsfans.com: Boy, we have become ATOP during and after a loss.  Wanting to fire the coach that has helped get into the playoffs the only seasons in nearly 2 decades. Wanting to move on from one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Which of the 3 should I give up or should I do 2 of the 3 or give up all 3. I just dont know any more. 

I am beginning to feel as though maybe Frazier didn't return because of McDermott. Given that we've heard that rumblings he likes to have control of every aspect of the game. He's not doing a very good job. 

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Ok, so I have narrowed my BP to one of 3 things.

Stimulants: had coffee on the ride home from my daughters and a couple pieces of candy.

Buffalo Bills: when they play like this I see some elevation. 

Billsfans.com: Boy, we have become ATOP during and after a loss.  Wanting to fire the coach that has helped get into the playoffs the only seasons in nearly 2 decades. Wanting to move on from one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Which of the 3 should I give up or should I do 2 of the 3 or give up all 3. I just dont know any more. 

I say give up 3. Because if you can't handle criticism of the decision making of a coach and GM that has , in fact, been lacking, then maybe you do need to take a break.

Because it's gonna get worse.

This team won't be making the playoffs this year.  They'll finish with 7-9 wins and have a shit division record.

Coaching changes in the off-season are a must. You can't be in charge of a team of this quality and have this kind of results.

OC - this offense is broken. Plain and simple. Handed a Ferrari and put it in the ditch.

DC - neither Frasier nor McDermott are the answer.

HC?  He's at least on the hot seat

Cap space has to be fixed and this team needs to get younger and better. I don't know anyone's contracts but here are some highly paid underperforming players:

Miller

Knox

White 

FFS let Davis walk. You can't pay a guy #2 money that averages 3 catches a game. 2/3rds of the games this year he's had 2 or fewer catches. Inconsistent production is an understatement. Is it him or is he misused in this O?

You have to get an O line.  You either have to let Allen run it, or find a real &#%$ing run game.  This team has to have a run threat.

Allen.  I don't know if it's lack of film room.  Big head from all the praise. Gunslinger mentality. Not on same page as OC.  Etc... But he's a TO machine. It has to get fixed. You &#%$ing watched Brady kick the shit out of you for almost 2 decades, you thought we would have learned how this should work.  The ball has to get out quickly. Hit your &#%$ing hot routes. And stop turning the ball over.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

IMO the problems of this offense goes all the way back to the Cincinnati loss last year. In my opinion that was the beginning of the cracks shown. To be the best you have to beat the best. Say what you will this offense has completely stalled and regressed. For those who are not keeping score Allen will be 28 next year and Diggs 31. How long do you think this window is going to be open. As I stated before teams have figured out how to play Allen and this offense. This game is about making adjustments and getting player in best position. To do this is to have good game calling, to be able to adjust in the game, and players executing. The bills are not getting any of these. Think the bills have to get an very experienced and creative OC. Dorsey is not the answer. If you disagree fine. But, tapes don’t lie. This was an offense to build on to strengthen Allen position instead beane and McDermott has done little to improve the offense off-season yes he got Torrence and Kincaid which were good picks. But did nothing to address the wr # 2 position. Which imo Davis is not. Sure he may have a good game here and there but is not a true wr # 2. The offense goes as Allen and Diggs goes and opposing team know it. They know buffalo does not have a consistent run game and no other real threat beside Diggs and now Kincaid. Teams are not scared of the bills offense. Cook is a good back with speed and catch the ball but is he an every down or even 3 down back? Not sure anymore. This was area discussed in the off-season as area of improvement and looks to be continuing area of improvement. 

Lets talk about the defense wow the injuries mounting. It is a tough road for them. That is why offense can’t turn ball over and play dumb football. They need to score as many point early and often to keep this team in game and give defense some help. With that being said there is only so many times you can use that excuse. Coaches get paid too. McDermott has to be creative and find way to use the players they have. The poor and missed tackling is inexcusable. This may be unpopular but Von has been back for 5 games now and has not made significant impact like prior to injury. Wondering if signing to long term deal was a good thing. Bills need a pass rusher to get to quarterback consistently big time and some linebacker that can tackle.

just think that this team needs to replace Dorsey with an very experience and creative OC that is capable making adjustments throughout the game and is able to utilize all of the player on offense to take pressure off Diggs and Allen. Also, think McDermott should hire a top DC to run the defense. Let McDermott be head coach and work with beane to retool not rebuild this team quickly before time runs out. 

As for players execution how about not turning the ball over, not taking unnecessary penalties, score touchdowns in red zone and not field goals, tackle people when in their grasp, defense stopping opposition on third down and get off the field, and maybe once in a while let’s get a turnover now and then. But, again right now that maybe asking too much. Who knows?

This is just my opinion and don’t expect everyone to agree

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Yes and No 1

If I were an honest Bunghole fan I’d admit that the Bills scared the crap out of me in the 4th Q.  There was a comeback in this team and it started, again, when Allen used his legs.  The fumble by Kincaid changed the game.

Yes, this team has holes and there are some head-scratching decisions by the coaching staff.  The defense does terrible against scripted plays at the beginning of games and the offense is conservative in the early going (and sometimes all game long). Because of injuries, it looks like the Defense is back to being vulnerable against the run and passes between the numbers. 

That said, I’m not jumping off any bandwagons.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Buffalo Bills Linebacker Von Miller addresses the media following the Bills 24-18 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Topics include: his message to the team after enduring the ups and downs of this season, what he saw on the last play of the game, whether or not he has any frustrations based around that last play, and how he feels as he continues to recover from injury.

Von Miller: “We Just Got To Keep Going” | Buffalo Bills

Nouseforaname
52 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

This team won't be making the playoffs this year.  They'll finish with 7-9 wins and have a shit division record.

Coaching changes in the off-season are a must. You can't be in charge of a team of this quality and have this kind of results.

OC - this offense is broken. Plain and simple. Handed a Ferrari and put it in the ditch.

DC - neither Frasier nor McDermott are the answer.

HC?  He's at least on the hot seat

Cap space has to be fixed and this team needs to get younger and better. I don't know anyone's contracts but here are some highly paid underperforming players:

Miller

Knox

White 

FFS let Davis walk. You can't pay a guy #2 money that averages 3 catches a game. 2/3rds of the games this year he's had 2 or fewer catches. Inconsistent production is an understatement. Is it him or is he misused in this O?

You have to get an O line.  You either have to let Allen run it, or find a real &#%$ing run game.  This team has to have a run threat.

Allen.  I don't know if it's lack of film room.  Big head from all the praise. Gunslinger mentality. Not on same page as OC.  Etc... But he's a TO machine. It has to get fixed. You &#%$ing watched Brady kick the shit out of you for almost 2 decades, you thought we would have learned how this should work.  The ball has to get out quickly. Hit your &#%$ing hot routes. And stop turning the ball over.

Miller and White? The ones who had season and potentially career ending injuries ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

If I were an honest Bunghole fan I’d admit that the Bills scared the crap out of me in the 4th Q.  There was a comeback in this team and it started, again, when Allen used his legs.  The fumble by Kincaid changed the game.

Yes, this team has holes and there are some head-scratching decisions by the coaching staff.  The defense does terrible against scripted plays at the beginning of games and the offense is conservative in the early going (and sometimes all game long). Because of injuries, it looks like the Defense is back to being vulnerable against the run and passes between the numbers. 

Yes, two - three plays changed that game. The non-called face mask on Gabe Davis, non-called trip on Kincaid, Kincaid fumble. As bad as the Bills looked on offense, those three plays change and they are possibly walking out with a win.

The defense, oh the defense. They are being held together right now by twine and glue. I am not sure how they can keep playing at a decent level. They have lost their #1 LB, #1 CB, run stuffer, and last night their Mike went out with a concussion.  Exactly how many people can they afford to lose and have next-man-up be realistic?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, snafu said:

Don’t think anyone jumping off the bandwagon but tapes don’t lie going back to the Cincinnati playoff lost. But surely you must admit this team is trouble. Josh allen just said it will probably take 10-11 wins to get into the playoffs then he said with 8 games left and mathematically possible but the said it will be a tough climb.

Again just my opinion 

51 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

IMO the problems of this offense goes all the way back to the Cincinnati loss last year. In my opinion that was the beginning of the cracks shown. To be the best you have to beat the best. Say what you will this offense has completely stalled and regressed. For those who are not keeping score Allen will be 28 next year and Diggs 31. How long do you think this window is going to be open. As I stated before teams have figured out how to play Allen and this offense. This game is about making adjustments and getting player in best position. To do this is to have good game calling, to be able to adjust in the game, and players executing. The bills are not getting any of these. Think the bills have to get an very experienced and creative OC. Dorsey is not the answer. If you disagree fine. But, tapes don’t lie. This was an offense to build on to strengthen Allen position instead beane and McDermott has done little to improve the offense off-season yes he got Torrence and Kincaid which were good picks. But did nothing to address the wr # 2 position. Which imo Davis is not. Sure he may have a good game here and there but is not a true wr # 2. The offense goes as Allen and Diggs goes and opposing team know it. They know buffalo does not have a consistent run game and no other real threat beside Diggs and now Kincaid. Teams are not scared of the bills offense. Cook is a good back with speed and catch the ball but is he an every down or even 3 down back? Not sure anymore. This was area discussed in the off-season as area of improvement and looks to be continuing area of improvement. 

I think that is a concern for a lot of people, I know it is for me... you only have so many years with a generational talent as your quarterback. They need to get over the hump, and in the next five years, or Josh Allen will be Philip Rivers - a Hall of Fame QB without a Super Bowl appearance.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

That '21 team that everybody was so high on and felt that they were robbed of a Superbowl victory by 13 seconds, well they were 7-6 with only 4 weeks to play in the RS.  They got their act together and got hot at the right time.

Like AD says, there's 3-4 plays every game that decide the outcome.  Right now those plays are going against the Bills.  But there's still a lot of football left and they play 2 very winnable games in the next 2 weeks.  Get a split against the Iggles & Chefs and they're sitting at 8-5 with the Cheats and Fish still on the schedule.  10-7 worst case, 11-6 best case; either way, as long as the 3 division games are in those 10-11 W's, they win the division get a home playoff game and then can let the chips fall as they will.

Diggs is still Diggs and Kincaid is playing like everybody hoped when he was drafted.  (The inverted fumble not withstanding.)

Figure out how to not give up a TD on the opponent's 1st drive seemingly every game and stop turning the ball over twice every game and the injury depleted D will be good enough to win most of the games.

Like what Joseph and Douglas should be able to do to help this D.  Too bad they couldn't find another linebacker to help Williams fill Milano's shoes.  The bye coming so late should help them be relatively healthy the final month of the season and the playoffs (as relatively healthy as a team missing its top defender at all 3 levels can be) when it really counts.

• Cheers 5

18 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Miller and White? The ones who had season and potentially career ending injuries ?

I'm not sure White will ever return to form.

Miller is done. His impact was supposed to be last year, and we didn't get it then and I don't think will get the impact his salary justifies in the future.

Both great players that have had their value stolen by injuries.

• Like 5

How does the defense go forward? This is incredible. 

Previously out:

● CB1 - Tre White
● LB1 - Matt Milano
● DT2 - DaQuan Jones

Hurt last night:

● SAF1 - Micah Hyde
● CB2 - Christian Benford
● CB3 - Dane Jackson
● LB2 - Terrel Bernard

Benford has a hamstring, and Bernard has a concussion.

4 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I'm back with your weekly reminder that Dorsey is not it. In addition to that I also feel that.....

- Von Miller appears to have been a waste of money up to this point

- McDermott seemingly can't win in head to head situations 

- Josh Allen's career will be wasted

- Beane may have misjudged his ability to complete the process. 

- Yes, injuries....refs..... I get it. 

- At least we are consistent with over paying players for their contributions. Solid. 

In order

yes

unfortunate injury, tough break

yes

hope not, still too early (see elway, manning)

don’t think this is on beane

yes and yes

sad

Nouseforaname
14 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Don't know the final score.  Don't care.  Done with this &#%$ing league.  Fix the &#%$ing officiating, NFL.

See you at the Super Bowl .

• Popcorn 1

I sat there yesterday and watched Lamar, Jalen, and multiple other QB's win their games by taking off and running every time the defense fell back.

It seems pretty basic.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 3

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I sat there yesterday and watched Lamar, Jalen, and multiple other QB's win their games by taking off and running every time the defense fell back.

It seems pretty basic.

Bengals had dual spy so they had Josh in check but that should have resulted in some open players.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Bengals had dual spy so they had Josh in check but that should have resulted in some open players.

True enough. But the problem is opposing teams are working to take Allen and diggs out. Double covering diggs and spying on Allen. Opposing teams are basically saying beat us with you other players and that in my opinion is the problem. Other than Kincaid there is no one else to be afraid of. Need 2 and 3 rd tier players to contribute and help imo

• Cheers 2