Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dorsey [Fired]

Dubs

8 hours ago, Ann said:

This is an interesting thread. No creativity.

This isn't abnormal in football.  The other team's coaches and players get paid too.  If you watch the All-22 from ANY game, you will see numerous passing plays for each team that are completely covered by the defense.

It's football.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Haven't had a slot receiver since Beasley.  And it looks like they just kind-of gave up on ever having one now.

Kincaid was supposed to be that player on roids. When the &#%$ is Knox coming back? Dalton was the missing power link, but it’s been Knox that’s gone missing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

This isn't abnormal in football.  The other team's coaches and players get paid too.  If you watch the All-22 from ANY game, you will see numerous passing plays for each team that are completely covered by the defense.

It's football.

the empty shallow part of the field is where the short crossers are to be run, but seem to have been removed from the playbook.

should run them with Harty, Sherfield, Kincaid, Shakir, even Diggs

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's football.

Some OCs make it easier for defenses than others, though.

• Like 4

Just my opinion, Dorsey hasn't been the problem. He's a patsy. The players aren't executing, plain and simple. And who is the bozo coach that allowed 12 men on the field? Certainly not Dorsey. Ultimately too, the head coach is culpable in everything.

1 hour ago, crawhammer said:

Just my opinion, Dorsey hasn't been the problem. He's a patsy. The players aren't executing, plain and simple. And who is the bozo coach that allowed 12 men on the field? Certainly not Dorsey. Ultimately too, the head coach is culpable in everything.

They aren’t executing, but how much of that is trying to execute a bad game plan, or because Allen is more worried about people screaming ‘don’t do this, don’t do that’ instead of just letting him rip?

Clearly Dorsey was fired because of the disastrous end to the last game, and I think McDermott is the biggest problem, but I don’t think they lost anything by cutting Dorsey.

• Like 1
  • Yes and No 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Wrong coach fired. Right coach will be fired after the season ends, barring a barnburner ending 

Which reminds me. I need to remember to block you before todays game to continue the test to see what is causing me the Arrhythmia. Last week at your suggestion I signed out of BFdotCom and had no issues. Now test two to see if it is the negativity. That said, seems you rubbed off on the whole page. I will unblock you after the game thought. We are good.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Which reminds me. I need to remember to block you before todays game to continue the test to see what is causing me the Arrhythmia. Last week at your suggestion I signed out of BFdotCom and had no issues. Now test two to see if it is the negativity. That said, seems you rubbed off on the whole page. I will unblock you after the game thought. We are good.

If Joe is giving you cardiac issues, your issues are higher up.

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If Joe is giving you cardiac issues, your issues are higher up.

His suggestion not mine. He seems to really know what he is talking about so gotta follow his advice if nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

His suggestion not mine. He seems to really know what he is talking about so gotta follow his advice if nothing else. 

Take my advice. Don’t take anybody’s advice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Nanker said:

By not taking this advice, he would be taking this advice, and by taking this advice, he would not be taking this advice.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Come here....Im not really taking Joes advise. Just ragging on him. Dont tell him

28 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

By not taking this advice, he would be taking this advice, and by taking this advice, he would not be taking this advice.

Are you advising me? Im told not to take any advise. 

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

They aren’t executing, but how much of that is trying to execute a bad game plan, or because Allen is more worried about people screaming ‘don’t do this, don’t do that’ instead of just letting him rip?

Clearly Dorsey was fired because of the disastrous end to the last game, and I think McDermott is the biggest problem, but I don’t think they lost anything by cutting Dorsey.

Dorsey had his chance and for whatever reason came up short.  Was he the only problem?  No.  But there were big stretches going back to last season where the offense was fairly pedestrian.   I think he would still be a position coach in 2023 if Daboll had not left.  McDermott took a chance promoting Dorsey and at the time I don't recall anybody declaring him the second coming of Bill Walsh.  I don't hate the guy but think with a top QB and WR he got a fair if not spectacular shot at OC.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Dorsey had his chance and for whatever reason came up short.  Was he the only problem?  No.  But there were big stretches going back to last season where the offense was fairly pedestrian.   I think he would still be a position coach in 2023 if Daboll had not left.  McDermott took a chance promoting Dorsey and at the time I don't recall anybody declaring him the second coming of Bill Walsh.  I don't hate the guy but think with a top QB and WR he got a fair if not spectacular shot at OC.  

I think it was more so Josh pushed for Ken. If I remember right Daboll was a late signing to the Giants and Bills did interviews to replace him but didn't promote Ken until Feb 1st. Same issue with Fraizer, he took his leave of absence in February. I don't think they want McD to be the DC as well but who are you going to hire in February at the time of the Combine?

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Mind you, "you're an idiot" isn't advice, it's an observation.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 2