Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dorsey [Fired]

Dubs

This thread to solely discuss whether or not the Bills should fire Dorsey now and who to replace him. 

my vote is yes. Elevate Brady but simplify the offense primarily relying on Josh to call plays at the line.  

I may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic we’re looking for

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, devnull said:

The way things are going for Big Blue, Daboll might be available next season...

true, but that doesn’t do anything for us this season. 

honestly, I feel like the offense is too robotic. 

my layman solution would be for Brady to work on game planning and offensive framework as well as key sub packages. 

For base packages, which should be 11 with the following:

diggs

Shakir

Davis

Kincaid

RB (honestly would consider Fournette here)

I’d let Josh run no huddle, see the defense, call the play and go. Spread teams out, create space and running lanes. Give this kid options and get him fully into the game. 

Nouseforaname
14 minutes ago, Dubs said:

This thread to solely discuss whether or not the Bills should fire Dorsey now and who to replace him. 

my vote is yes. Elevate Brady but simplify the offense primarily relying on Josh to call plays at the line.  

I don’t know but if the bills don’t make the playoffs this will be a disaster.

I think the Bills have fallen into a Technocrat trap, especially on offense. 

the theory is that you have people in positions that need to over complicate their work to justify themselves as uniquely capable to be in their role. 

I don’t think this is deliberate or even conscious. 

Edited by Dubs

20 minutes ago, Dubs said:

I think the Bills have fallen into a Technocrat trap, especially on offense. 

the theory is that you have people in positions that need to over complicate their work to justify themselves as uniquely capable to be in their role. 

MjYzNy5qcGc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Dubs said:

Maybe the offense should be simplified, I don't know. There are a lot of top 5 (heck, top 3) stats for the Bills offense. It just has not translated into wins.  While I'd love to let them have Josh be Josh, I also do not want it to be the Josh Allen must perform a miracle to win, show.

Fire Dorsey now? No. 

There is a sense of urgency to address our offensive woes now.  The AFC looks to be a whole lot more rugged now than first predicted.  We still have Dallas and the Eagles ahead of us.  We could very well be 8-9 by the end of the season if things do not change.  In a better place concerning the Bengals as they are surging on their own and their coaches can obviously draw up workable game plans on both sides of the ball.  The Patriots loss bugs me more even though in theory we were more short handed for that game.  

• Like 1

I think the O-braintrust wanted to keep Allen free from harm as much as possible during the season, and then "break glass, use in playoffs".  The problem is that they may not get to the playoffs if they don't "break glass" now.  I think (when he's given a green light) Allen is running with much more discipline and avoiding his past lunatic ways.

I'm sure I am oversimplifying it.  It just seems to me that Allen's and Cook's runs open up the middle for Kincaid.  Kincaid's success opens up opportunities for the WR's.  At that point, the coordinator can pick and choose what he wants to call, like a baseball pitcher with several pitches he can throw for strikes.

The Bills were an uncalled facemask penalty and an unfortunate fumble away from 10 to 14 more points.  I've complained about Dorsey earlier in the season, but I stopped because the fact is that the offense does produce yards and points.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ann said:

Maybe the offense should be simplified, I don't know. There are a lot of top 5 (heck, top 3) stats for the Bills offense. It just has not translated into wins.  While I'd love to let them have Josh be Josh, I also do not want it to be the Josh Allen must perform a miracle to win, show.

Fire Dorsey now? No. 

the highest ranked defense the bills have faced this year is 11th (Miami). They’ve also faced:

14th (jets)

15th (raiders)

16th (pats)

21st (giants)

23rd (Jax)

27th (Cincy)

28th (was)

29th (TB)

IMO - the offense is a failure and they need to literally throw out the playbook and start from scratch. 

• FANtastic 1

1 minute ago, Dubs said:

i don’t have any idea how you calculate EPA but it sounds about as effective as the actual EPA. 

I don't know for sure but just trying to think logically, I would think you take the number of drives and divide that into total points.

22 hours ago, Ann said:

dorsey.jpg.4ff33b4407f5dd7306a79faa36cbaf99.jpg

I don't understand how a HC gets frustrated with an OC unless the OC is going completely off script.  Don't these guys spend like 30 hours together on the offensive game plan?  Watching films, discussing plays, who to use, how to attack the opponent, etc?   And do they not have the ability to communicate during the game if the HC sees things he doesn't like?

My biggest complaint with Dorsey is that I don't think he knows how to call a game. Yes, he can call plays, but that is completely different than calling a game.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1