Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 Week 17: BILLS vs. *Patriots (December 31st) Pregame Thread

Foxx

📍 Highmark Stadium
⏲️ 1 PM ET (Sunday, December 31)
📺 CBS (Kevin Harlan, Trent Green & Melanie Collins)
📻 WGR 550 (Chris Brown, Eric Wood & Sal Capaccio)

Going to a Bills Game is a fabulous resource for those attending game at Highmark. 

Need something to keep you warm for the game? Checkout this week's Menu - Ring in the New Year Tailgating Recipes

NFL Viewing Map (updated every Wednesday)

Point spread: Bills -12
Point total: 40.5
Moneyline: Bills -650, *Patriots +470

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Shady said:

Take the points?

Buffalo Is terrible against the spread. 

Vegas loves to make  $

All day long. While I am a quitter when it comes to NFL gambling, there was a lot of money to be made this season on double-digit dogs.

• Like 3

The Patriots think they're playing the spoiler role... damaging mediocre teams like Pittsburgh and Denver. Belichick is desperately trying to make a late season case for keeping his job and a season sweep over the Bills wouldn't be insignificant. I personally don't care about the wins because it's really only hurting the team's future (and I definitely don't want Belichick back after this season). 

The Bills obviously need this game to setup a week 18 divisional showdown with the Dolphins in Miami (who need to also lose to the Ravens). The Patriots offense has looked better with Zappe but it's still not good and remains ranked 32nd in points. The Patriots defense on the other hand is playing better than it's 16th rank in points against. They're very good too at stopping the run, 1st in Y/A, so the Bills will have to get it done with the passing game. 

I'll take the Patriots with that ridiculous 12-point spread but I'll take the Bills straight up in the game 26-19.    

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
23 hours ago, Shady said:

Take the points?

Buffalo Is terrible against the spread. 

Vegas loves to make  $

Bills by 12 over the Pats just looks like a sucker bet.  "Of course they should dominate the Pats by three TDs, easy."

Never take the sucker bet.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Bills by 12 over the Pats just looks like a sucker bet.  "Of course they should dominate the Pats by three TDs, easy."

Never take the sucker bet.  

Anyone who takes that bet missed the Bills/Chargers game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crawhammer said:

Belichick is desperately trying to make a late season case for keeping his job and a season sweep over the Bills wouldn't be insignificant. I personally don't care about the wins because it's really only hurting the team's future (and I definitely don't want Belichick back after this season

Bill doesn’t care 

there are plenty of jobs to choose from. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/12/27/bill-belichick-compares-josh-allen-tom-brady

During his weekly press conference on Wednesday, Belichick was asked about the major progression Allen made towards becoming a superstar NFL QB in his third season. His passing yards increased from 3,089 to 4,544, while his touchdown passes nearly doubled, from 20 to 37. 

• Cheers 4