Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 Week 17: BILLS vs. *Patriots (December 31st) Pregame Thread

Foxx

SquirminThurman

Happy some of the early IR guys are coming back (D Jones/ Elam). D Jones vs Pats is a huge lift. Elam should make the 53 as depth.

Happy to finally see some Poona Ford show up the last two weeks. I thought he was a good 'sneaky signing'. Was he injured for a stretch?

It doesn't replace Milano and White, but it helps.

Also happy to see Fournette get some game day action. Playoff Lenny is a bad man, as is big game Gabe Davis.

Word on Epenessa? Can't believe I'm saying that...

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

Happy some of the early IR guys are coming back (D Jones/ Elam). D Jones vs Pats is a huge lift. Elam should make the 53 as depth.

Happy to finally see some Poona Ford show up the last two weeks. I thought he was a good 'sneaky signing'. Was he injured for a stretch?

It doesn't replace Milano and White, but it helps.

Also happy to see Fournette get some game day action. Playoff Lenny is a bad man, as is big game Gabe Davis.

Word on Epenessa? Can't believe I'm saying that...

Poona has been a healthy scratch.

AJ should be back. He may get one more week of rest though.

• Like 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
42 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Poona has been a healthy scratch.

AJ should be back. He may get one more week of rest though.

It's the Pats.  He can get his one more week of rest playing.

• Like 4

On 12/27/2023 at 3:45 PM, Shady said:

Bill doesn’t care 

there are plenty of jobs to choose from. 

Bill cares. He's going to be 72 next season and I'm quite certain his first choice would be to remain with the Patriots. His front office and coaching staff are littered with friends and family and he wants to keep that intact. The team is a disaster on offense but they have a very good defense that may be even better next season. Patriots have a top 5 draft pick. Bill wants to stick around so if they finish out the season with two more wins, and a 6-11 record, then a case is going to be made that he should return.

All things considered I don't think there will be a better situation for him. I'm not sure the "plenty of jobs to choose from" notion is entirely correct either. If he were to go to another franchise, wherever that may be, it will represent a significant change for that organization from top to bottom. Given Bill's age I don't think he'll have the time for those changes to reach fruition.

I think they lose this weekend and then finish the season 5-12 which will be the worst record in the conference. Given some of the incredibly poor decisions he's made over the past few seasons, coupled with the bad record, I believe he'll be forced to accept a parting of ways. He'll have opportunities elsewhere but I don't think any of them will be particularly desirable for a guy who probably needs a team that can be immediately competitive. The one exception being in Dallas, if they completely meltdown over the last few weeks and McCarthy gets the boot.   

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, crawhammer said:

Bill cares. He's going to be 72 next season and I'm quite certain his first choice would be to remain with the Patriots. His front office and coaching staff are littered with friends and family and he wants to keep that intact. The team is a disaster on offense but they have a very good defense that may be even better next season. Patriots have a top 5 draft pick. Bill wants to stick around so if they finish out the season with two more wins, and a 6-11 record, then a case is going to be made that he should return.

All things considered I don't think there will be a better situation for him. I'm not sure the "plenty of jobs to choose from" notion is entirely correct either. If he were to go to another franchise, wherever that may be, it will represent a significant change for that organization from top to bottom. Given Bill's age I don't think he'll have the time for those changes to reach fruition.

I think they lose this weekend and then finish the season 5-12 which will be the worst record in the conference. Given some of the incredibly poor decisions he's made over the past few seasons, coupled with the bad record, I believe he'll be forced to accept a parting of ways. He'll have opportunities elsewhere but I don't think any of them will be particularly desirable for a guy who probably needs a team that can be immediately competitive. The one exception being in Dallas, if they completely meltdown over the last few weeks and McCarthy gets the boot.   

The Chargers might be a situation that is close to ready-made.

3 hours ago, crawhammer said:

He probably does care a lot.  I think the Pats will move on from him.  They've got to rebuild starting at QB.  By the time they fix the roster Bill is then 74 or 75.  It has to come to an end at some point, seems like a good time to celebrate the past and transition both the roster and leadership.

Bill should retire at his age, but he's stubborn enough not to.    

Edited by Ninety-4