• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Uncle Joe

The last time the Ravens faced this scenario of resting starters was 2019, when Baltimore was the AFC's top seed.
Harbaugh chose to sit Jackson and six other starters in the regular-season finale that year.

After that long layoff in 2019, Baltimore looked rusty in a 28-12 upset loss to the Tennessee Titans in the divisional round.

The Ravens were held to a season low in points, and Jackson was 31-of-59 (52.5%) for 365 yards, with one touchdown and two interceptions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39223795/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-status-week-18-not-yet-decided

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They're insane if they play him.  Definitely wouldn't let him start the 2nd series.

Yep

Start him for the first series, get the home crowd pumped up, and hopefully put up some points before yielding to their backup QB

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, devnull said:

Yep

Start him for the first series, get the home crowd pumped up, and hopefully put up some points before yielding to their backup QB

Huntley is a pretty good backup.

Fansince88
34 minutes ago, Ann said:

Whoa

You know, every sportscaster are idiots. Why do you want to win? Really?

• Like 2

Carptom1
On 1/1/2024 at 6:03 PM, Foxx said:

That’s a good one…. Scantling already got his. Did you see that crap on Sunday? He dropped a third down pass that would have gotten us a first down… Then motioned as if to say it was ever so slightly behind him. Then followed it up with a 42 yarder that went between his hands. Rice, a rookie has more yards than all the other starters combined at 972. There is going to be a big move at receiver this offseason 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

@Foxx

I  didn’t want to start a thread 

Way too early look at 2024 

the other day someone mentioned next year’s opponents and I read this today 

This weeks games will impact next season’s opponents 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/01/03/buffalo-bills-schedule-2024-the-games-we-know-so-far/72093619007/

Home 

• Jacksonville Jaguars.   
  • Tennessee Titans. 
  • San Francisco 49ers. 
  • Arizona Cardinals
    Miami Dolphins
  • New England Patriots
  • New York Jets

Away

• Houston Texans
  • Indianapolis Colts
  • Los Angeles Rams
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Miami Dolphins
  • New England Patriots
  • New York Jets

If Buffalo wins the division, it will play at the Ravens and at the NFC North winning Lions.

If the Bills lose Sunday, they will play at the Browns and at the Packers or Vikings.

Edited by Shady
  • Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Shady said:

@Foxx

I  didn’t want to start a thread 

Way too early look at 2024 

the other day someone mentioned next year’s opponents and I read this today 

This weeks games will impact next season’s opponents 

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2024/01/03/buffalo-bills-schedule-2024-the-games-we-know-so-far/72093619007/

I agree it may be a bit early for a 2024 schedule thread. That said, for the most part we don't try to restrict what people post. You do what you like.

IDBillzFan
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

I saw this this morning and Schrager lays out why the Ravens will play the Steelers hard. I have to say I agree with his logic and I hope Harbaugh does as well.

I don't doubt they will play hard, but I'd be stunned to see starters go more than the first series.

Harbaugh had a front row seat to watch Bradley Chubb tear an ACL while the Fish were down 30 with four minutes on the clock.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't doubt they will play hard, but I'd be stunned to see starters go more than the first series.

Harbaugh had a front row seat to watch Bradley Chubb tear an ACL while the Fish were down 30 with four minutes on the clock.

I don't disagree too much but I think the rust factor has to weigh in to a degree. Two weeks off before the starters play again might be too long.

• Like 1