• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Alaska Darin

• Fansince88

• Crap Throwing Clavin

KD in CA

There's another big bodied WR, but he's had two ugly years bouncing around the league after a promising start in Pittsburgh.  Claypool will have a lot to prove in camp.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

Hedge
4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

There's another big bodied WR, but he's had two ugly years bouncing around the league after a promising start in Pittsburgh.  Claypool will have a lot to prove in camp.

First thing that came to mind when I saw this was: Twice the Diggs attitude, half the Diggs talent.

Then I wondered if I was thinking about the right player. Hope I’m wrong.

KD in CA
13 minutes ago, Hedge said:

First thing that came to mind when I saw this was: Twice the Diggs attitude, half the Diggs talent.

No, you've got the right guy.  But Claypool's career could end very quickly if he doesn't stick in Buffalo and he's far from having 'lay by the pool for the rest of your life' money like Diggs.   So maybe, just maybe, the guy realizes it's his last best chance to live up to his potential and responds accordingly.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

No, you've got the right guy.  But Claypool's career could end very quickly if he doesn't stick in Buffalo and he's far from having 'lay by the pool for the rest of your life' money like Diggs.   So maybe, just maybe, the guy realizes it's his last best chance to live up to his potential and responds accordingly.

This very well could be it for him. If the Bills get his first two years type of production from him (assuming he makes the team), it will be a win for both parties. 

• Like 4

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

He's a tantalizing guy because of he's huge (roughly the same size as Dalton Kincaid) but runs in the 4.4 range.  He can be an absolute bully when he wants to be.

I don't love what he did in Chicago (quit playing football) but he did go to Notre Dame, so it's possible that he's smart enough to understand what this opportunity really is - a chance to show what he can do with a QB better than broken down Ben and a system that's far beyond what they were running in both Pittsburgh and Chicago.

• Like 4

Nouseforaname
14 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's a tantalizing guy because of he's huge (roughly the same size as Dalton Kincaid) but runs in the 4.4 range.  He can be an absolute bully when he wants to be.

I don't love what he did in Chicago (quit playing football) but he did go to Notre Dame, so it's possible that he's smart enough to understand what this opportunity really is - a chance to show what he can do with a QB better than broken down Ben and a system that's far beyond what they were running in both Pittsburgh and Chicago.

Exactly.  If he doesn’t take his shot now, his career will be over .  

• Cheers 2

Uncle Joe
16 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I found this quote on FB:
I coached against Claypool when he was in high school and he was such a special kid! His teachers all called him humble and helpful and he just worked harder than everyone else! My dad noticed it in his last year at Notre Dame and said he has lost his focus. He had an amazing rookie year then fell off. I really hope he has humbled himself and takes this as a challenge. Let Josh Allen guide him and he becomes a student of the game again. If he does that then this could be amazing! If not your home town BC Lions are ready for you next year Chase!

• Like 3
  • O Rly 1
  • Wow 1

Ninety-4
On 5/3/2024 at 2:19 PM, Hedge said:

He'll need a substantial change in attitude and effort to even be remotely a "process guy" on this team.  He was terrible in Chicago, an attitude issue from almost the beginning.  He probably didn't want to be traded there but that's no excuse.  He's 0 for 3.  Pittsburgh traded him, as did the Bears and Dolphins let him walk.  

I don't think he makes the team with the logjam that the Bills now have at the position.  Possibly though, he's figured out that Buffalo is a good situation and that if he blows this one, his future chances will be limited.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I can.

But no one wants to hear it.

:dancing:

I’m pretty good at karaoke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Even when I could sing, I never had the range to sing the anthem.

Can give a decent rendition on the guitar, though.  With some practice...

• Like 2

Fansince88
7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Even when I could sing, I never had the range to sing the anthem.

Can give a decent rendition on the guitar, though.  With some practice...

Do It Now GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Fansince88 said:

Do It Now GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Can't right now.  I broke a nail.

• Haha 3

CarpetCrawler
26 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Can't right now.  I broke a nail.

Not a gel?