Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

Mahoney
12 minutes ago, Ann said:

WTH is Pittsburgh doing?

That explains the Pickett trade, I guess.

Edit: C'mon -- He's worth more than a 6th/4th. Good move by the Steelers.

Edited by Mahoney
  • Cheers 3

devnull

I just read an article that mentioned the Steelers Offensive Coordinator is Arthur Smith

Arthur Smith & Justin Fields.  Annie Agar gonna have fun with this...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

KD in CA

Chicago is the Jets of the NFC…..a graveyard for QBs.

Can I bet on Caleb Williams being a bust somewhere?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

devnull
7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Chicago is the Jets of the NFC…..a graveyard for QBs.

Can I bet on Caleb Williams being a bust somewhere?

Williams gonna end up busting on the level of Jamarcus Russell / David Carr / Tim Couch

• Applause 2

Alaska Darin
41 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What the hell are the Bears doing?  A 6th for Fields?  

There wasn't any market for him because they held him too long.  

I will be VERY surprised if Caleb Williams has a better NFL career than Justin Fields.

• Like 3

devnull
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

What the hell are the Bears doing?  A 6th for Fields?  

If your 1st round QB turns out to be a lemon, sell some lemonade to another QB thirsty team

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Exactly...what the hell are the Bears doing?  :classic_laugh:

Mahoney
5 hours ago, Ann said:

RG III wishes he would have done that to Washington

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
On 3/17/2024 at 1:03 PM, Alaska Darin said:

I will be VERY surprised if Caleb Williams has a better NFL career than Justin Fields.

I don't follow college ball. Is Williams one of those guys who looks so good in college, based on circumstances, that smart people turn stupid and think he'll work in the NFL? All the obvious drafts I see show him going number 1 and Drake May going to NE* at 3. Thoughts on May?

Just curious because if I followed college football, my best friend would be my right hand.

Alaska Darin
59 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't follow college ball. Is Williams one of those guys who looks so good in college, based on circumstances, that smart people turn stupid and think he'll work in the NFL? All the obvious drafts I see show him going number 1 and Drake May going to NE* at 3. Thoughts on May?

Just curious because if I followed college football, my best friend would be my right hand.

The best QB in this class is Penix but his knees are about 70 years old.  Of the guys currently "projected" in the first round, McCarthy from Michigan is the most intriguing.  He's going to take some time to develop and needs to add some size to his frame but he's a good athlete who was hamstrung a bit by the system he played in.

Williams played at USC and VERY rarely saw anything resembling an NFL defense.  The few times he did, he struggled mightily to make decisions/play on script.  He's listed at 6'1" and 215 but looks much smaller.  He is athletic and has arm talent but so does just about everyone. 

He has Jamarcus Russell written all over him.  He's pillow soft mentally and I'll be stunned if when the going gets tough he doesn't fold up like a lawn chair.

May looks like a 3rd/4th round guy to me.  I don't think he's better than Sam Howell.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
23 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Exactly...what the hell are the Bears doing?  :classic_laugh:

I can understand it if they were trying to generate a market for the first overall pick and keep Fields but it seems to me they showed their ass and the very smart GMs in the NFL decided not to play along.

• Like 2

Uncle Joe
4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can understand it if they were trying to generate a market for the first overall pick and keep Fields but it seems to me they showed their ass and the very smart GMs in the NFL decided not to play along.

And if Beane gets a proven safety he's going to holding his cards pretty close to his vest.

• Like 2