Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 NFL Quarterback Carousel

B-Man

KD in CA
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The best QB in this class is Penix but his knees are about 70 years old.  Of the guys currently "projected" in the first round, McCarthy from Michigan is the most intriguing.  He's going to take some time to develop and needs to add some size to his frame but he's a good athlete who was hamstrung a bit by the system he played in.

Williams played at USC and VERY rarely saw anything resembling an NFL defense.  The few times he did, he struggled mightily to make decisions/play on script.  He's listed at 6'1" and 215 but looks much smaller.  He is athletic and has arm talent but so does just about everyone. 

He has Jamarcus Russell written all over him.  He's pillow soft mentally and I'll be stunned if when the going gets tough he doesn't fold up like a lawn chair.

May looks like a 3rd/4th round guy to me.  I don't think he's better than Sam Howell.

This.

Aside from losing to every good team he played last year, watching him pout on the sidelines at the end of each of those games was a big eye opener. He reminds me of Newton with the self pity routine.

And agreed on Penix.  I’ll be rooting for him.

• Like 1

From 2021-2022 there were 19 quarterbacks selected in the NFL Draft Only 2 of those 19 are expected to start in Week 1:

Trevor Lawrence (first pick in 2021)

Brock Purdy (last pick in 2022)

The NFL has a QB evaluation and development problem. There’s no other way to spin it.. The league doesn’t know what leads to success at the position. And coaches do not know how to play around a QB’s flaws. Until those issues are fixed, we will continue to see a revolving door at the position… At some point, we can’t keep blaming the players. This is what HS and colleges are producing. It’s time for the league to adapt and adjust

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
38 minutes ago, Ann said:

From 2021-2022 there were 19 quarterbacks selected in the NFL Draft Only 2 of those 19 are expected to start in Week 1:

Trevor Lawrence (first pick in 2021)

Brock Purdy (last pick in 2022)

The NFL has a QB evaluation and development problem. There’s no other way to spin it.. The league doesn’t know what leads to success at the position. And coaches do not know how to play around a QB’s flaws. Until those issues are fixed, we will continue to see a revolving door at the position… At some point, we can’t keep blaming the players. This is what HS and colleges are producing. It’s time for the league to adapt and adjust

I'm very intrigued by the Steelers' decision to go after both Wilson and Fields, especially after trying to "square peg/round hole" both Pickett and Trubisky.  I understand they have a new OC but let's be honest about Arthur Smith - he couldn't figure out how to use Kyle Pitts in Atlanta...so it's most likely going to be a "lather, rinse, repeat" deal in the Steel City.

• Cheers 2

Ninety-4
18 hours ago, Ann said:

He is one interesting dude.  Look forward to what he does after football, although he should be in the league for a while yet.  

• Like 1

Ninety-4
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm very intrigued by the Steelers' decision to go after both Wilson and Fields, especially after trying to "square peg/round hole" both Pickett and Trubisky.  I understand they have a new OC but let's be honest about Arthur Smith - he couldn't figure out how to use Kyle Pitts in Atlanta...so it's most likely going to be a "lather, rinse, repeat" deal in the Steel City.

Have seen a lot of Fields here in Chicago.  He may be a late bloomer.  I still feel like he's gonna be a decent starter in the league, although it might be a couple years or more and with another team.  I'll bet being with Russell Wilson helps him a lot.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Have seen a lot of Fields here in Chicago.  He may be a late bloomer.  I still feel like he's gonna be a decent starter in the league, although it might be a couple years or more and with another team.  I'll bet being with Russell Wilson helps him a lot.  

I really do feel like Chicago just badly utilized him.  He's pretty much bottom of the league in attempts per game, which isn't a great way to treat a first-round QB in this pass-happy era.

And man, that 2021 draft...5 QBs taken in the first round, and only Trevor Lawrence and  Zach Wilson are still with the teams that drafted them.  And Wilson wants to leave, but can't find anyone willing to trade for him.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
30 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

I agree with you here.  The Bears did a very typical thing when the team takes a QB in the first - they played him before they had pieces around him and slowed his development/rattled what makes him who he's been as a QB.

Last season was the first time they really had NFL level talent in most places on the offense but it still seemed they were forcing him to play the way wanted rather than to what best suits his talent.  I have only watched him play a handful of times but there are times when he looks like he's "getting there" and just playing free.  When that happens he's pretty much unstoppable.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I really do feel like Chicago just badly utilized him.  He's pretty much bottom of the league in attempts per game, which isn't a great way to treat a first-round QB in this pass-happy era.

And man, that 2021 draft...5 QBs taken in the first round, and only Trevor Lawrence and  Zach Wilson are still with the teams that drafted them.  And Wilson wants to leave, but can't find anyone willing to trade for him.

The Jags really damaged Lawrence by having his career start with Urban Meyer and that total shit show. 

That said, there are times when Lawrence looks like the 2nd coming and others where he just straight up misses easy throw after easy throw.  I don't know what his deal is...

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

11.thumb.jpg.5eba8b52627e885e044524fe1a94491d.jpg

So no news is breaking news. 

Got it🙄

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Got it🙄

But they're locked and loaded.  How is that not news?

(I can't help imagining the shitstorm if Trump used that phrase.)

Uncle Joe
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

MSM would make it a blood...well you know...the thing.

devnull
5 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Got it🙄

Yeah I think no contract is the news...

And I'm thinking the Jets, Broncos, or Redskins offer him a ridiculous contract in 2025

• Like 1

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It would be a bloodbath.

• Haha 1