• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Foxx

• snafu

• mead107

Fansince88
5 hours ago, snafu said:

Yes, slightly. I was parking my car in Brooklyn.  First I thought my engine was acting up, causing a shudder.  Then I thought it was a FedEx truck.  My wife called me right after, from LI, and said that the house shook pretty good.  She was rattled (ha ha).

What with this earthquake and the eclipse I figure the frogs and locust are up next.

Well, 4.8 earthquake in Whitehouse Station near Trumps golf course 3 days before 4/8 when we have an eclipse across america. This e lipse will intersect the point that the one that crossed America in which x marks the spot in Carbondale Illinois,  also known as Little Egypt. Yup, these 39 days between Purim and the Passover are just warming up. 

• Like 1

mead107

eclipse glasses in hand

I’m going to try them out tonight. I want to go for a drive and see how they help cut down  on the glare from cars headlights coming at me. 

• Haha 2

Does walking out onto the deck and looking up count as "traveling?"  If not, no, am not traveling to see the eclipse.

Living near Ra-cha-cha am fully expecting the weather to make this early April celestial show a disappointment.

• Cheers 2

ExiledInIllinois
On 4/5/2024 at 4:44 PM, Foxx said:

Cicadas.

Few places in Illinois will get 2 different broods this year.  I think that's like a 200+ year occurrence! 

• I don't know 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Few places in Illinois will get 2 different broods this year.  I think that's like a 200+ year occurrence! 

:panic:

• Haha 4

bdutton

I live 3 hours away from the center of the totality.  I plan to drive up tomorrow morning to the outskirts of Burlington VT to see it.  I expect traffic to be brutal.

• Like 2

RochesterRob

The sun poked through the clouds for about 10 seconds around 2:46.  What little I could see was the moon was maybe a fifth of the way to completely covering of the sun.  Maybe a break in the clouds coming.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The sun poked through the clouds for about 10 seconds around 2:46.  What little I could see was the moon was maybe a fifth of the way to completely covering of the sun.  Maybe a break in the clouds coming.

Not sure where in Roch-cha-cha you are. I saw that but it wasn't clear enough for me to see that.

RochesterRob
5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Not sure where in Roch-cha-cha you are. I saw that but it wasn't clear enough for me to see that.

I'm over by Geneva.

RochesterRob

Other than looking like a half hour after sunset it turned out to be a dud for me.  

• Like 2

We saw bupkis.  

Over in Buffalo they could see the eclipse through the clouds.  From photos, even that was pretty spectacular.  Over here.  Zippo.

Forking Ra-cha-cha in April weather.  People in Seattle say "at least we don't live THERE."

• Like 2

Though did listen to about 6 different versions of Brain Damage and Eclipse for the past 1/2 hour or so.  Didn't live up to the hype, but was prepared nonetheless.  

• Like 1

RochesterRob

Wild life report.  The birds made themselves scarce about a 1/2 hour prior to the eclipse but are back at the feeder now.  The house cats are a little squirrely at the moment but that could be a trick to feed them early.  Dinner is at 5:30 for them.  

• Like 2

mead107

Light clouds then clouds thickened up. 
could not see total eclipse. Saw it get about 3/4  in front of Sun ☀️ ️ 

• Like 1