Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Who is traveling to see the eclipse?

mead107

Very cloudy here but the sun poked through enough throughout the eclipse that we could see it.  It was too cloudy during the total blot-out, but it got dark enough for the street lights to come on. That was very cool. 

• Cheers 2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ann

• Foxx

• snafu

• mead107

devnull

I walked out of work around 3:15 and saw somebody that I didn't recognize watching the eclipse.

The troll in me couldn't resist asking, has civilization ended yet?

They were not amused

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

CarpetCrawler

Gee, it didn't match the hype.......what a surprise.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Gee, it didn't match the hype.......what a surprise.

Maybe the double whammy of cicadas will(?).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

CarpetCrawler
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Maybe the double whammy of cicadas will(?).

Now that's a plague !!!

• Cheers 2

bdutton
On 4/7/2024 at 7:06 PM, bdutton said:

I live 3 hours away from the center of the totality.  I plan to drive up tomorrow morning to the outskirts of Burlington VT to see it.  I expect traffic to be brutal.

Took 5 hours to drive from Derry NH to Morrisville VT to see it.  Stayed for the Totality (Amazing!) and then packed up and left at 4pm.  Took a break from the traffic at an Irish Pub in Barre VT and then back on the road and home by Midnight.  

Edited by bdutton
  • Like 4

And of course the weather is gorgeous here in Ra-cha-cha today (as it also was on Sunday).

Friggin' Ra-cha-cha.

• Like 1
  • Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Taro T said:

And of course the weather is gorgeous here in Ra-cha-cha today (as it also was on Sunday).

Friggin' Ra-cha-cha.

Same here in Antwerp. UGH

• Sad 1
  • Doh! 1

@Foxx, a bit of explanation for the quizzical look you gave the last posts.  Was just pointing out that the weekend and today are unseasonably nice for this time of year in Ra-cha-cha and when we actually needed that unseasonably nice weather yesterday afternoon so we could see the durn eclipse.

Unfortunately, we got a typical overcast Ra-cha-cha April afternoon when the moon was dancing with the sun and couldn't see bupkis.

47 minutes ago, Taro T said:

@Foxx, a bit of explanation for the quizzical look you gave the last posts.  Was just pointing out that the weekend and today are unseasonably nice for this time of year in Ra-cha-cha and when we actually needed that unseasonably nice weather yesterday afternoon so we could see the durn eclipse.

Unfortunately, we got a typical overcast Ra-cha-cha April afternoon when the moon was dancing with the sun and couldn't see bupkis.

No worries @Taro T, it's probably my fault.

I'm in Ro-cha-cha myself and I responded with the Doh! emoji, because it sucked having the weather today that would have been better having yesterday. Western NY weather is so weird... How many 60-degree beautiful days did we have this winter? More than I can count. It was 80 today!

Speaking of the area... I am quite often in Fairport, we should get a coffee sometime...

• Like 3

Where I lived, didn't see totality. My sister that li near where Transit becomes Southwestern (Rte 20) saw it through the clouds. Someone I know who lives near the Cemetries in Cheektowaga saw it too.  YI didn't leave my porch.

• Like 1