Pegula to Sell 25% of the Bills

14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Trump, or Bon Jovi?

Bobby Axelrod more likely. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hmm I’m not sure who said this in an earlier post? 🤔 

18 hours ago, Pete said:

Seriously, I wish I could hit the lottery.

They need to raise cash, maybe to pay for cost overruns of the stadium so it doesn’t come out of their pocket and maybe replace what they already spent on the stadium out of pocket. From what I read the bills are worth just under 4 billion so they could get just under a billion. That’s some serious cash.

:thumb:

• Like 1

RochesterRob
12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

In terms of dollars they can probably make it up on appreciation of the franchise itself most likely within a decade.  

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Pete said:

Hmm I’m not sure who said this in an earlier post? 🤔 

special-ralph.gif

• Haha 2

SquirminThurman

Who knew that being a fracking billionaire in a state that hates fracking, oil and gas would be an issue???

With New York's lax tax laws and 'progressive' policies who could have forseen such ong term issues???

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/20/2024 at 10:45 AM, Foxx said:

Pegula sold his natural gas businesses off in 2010.  

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Bills Circle The Wagons
On 4/19/2024 at 5:43 PM, RochesterRob said:

Based on what we saw when Ralph passed neither Golisano nor the Rich family will be stepping up to the plate.  Probably will be a name readily recognized but not immediately thought of in terms of owning a NFL franchise.  Might be an ownership group made up of many investors although the NFL typically wants big money players.  

Right but keep an eye on Jeremy Jacobs and the Jacobs family. Ten years ago they couldn’t bid on the Buffalo Bills because of there racetrack gambling holdings in West Virginia. Today with the NFL in bed with gambling they can bid. It wouldn’t surprise if they would be interested in 25% with a right of first refusal to buy the Buffalo Bills. Terry Pegula is 73 years old his wife has health issues and he has five children but from two different wives. When you are dealing with that it’s very rare that all the kids agree to have one child run the Buffalo Bills. That is how the Philadelphia Athletics ended up being sold to Kansas City. Connie Mack had children with two different wives. Some children wanted to keep their fathers team some wanted to sell their fathers team when Connie Mack passed away. I never saw the children keeping the Buffalo Bills. Things changed when the much younger Kim Pegula had her serious health issues in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Cheers 3

RochesterRob
7 hours ago, Bills Circle The Wagons said:

Right but keep an eye on Jeremy Jacobs and the Jacobs family. Ten years ago they couldn’t bid on the Buffalo Bills because of there racetrack gambling holdings in West Virginia. Today with the NFL in bed with gambling they can bid. It wouldn’t surprise if they would be interested in 25% with a right of first refusal to buy the Buffalo Bills. Terry Pegula is 73 years old his wife has health issues and he has five children but from two different wives. When you are dealing with that it’s very rare that all the kids agree to have one child run the Buffalo Bills. That is how the Philadelphia Athletics ended up being sold to Kansas City. Connie Mack had children with two different wives. Some children wanted to keep their fathers team some wanted to sell their fathers team when Connie Mack passed away. I never saw the children keeping the Buffalo Bills. Things changed when the much younger Kim Pegula had her serious health issues in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I already mentioned Jacobs on Page 1 of this thread.

21 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He did sell the main business back around then, but he still has JKLM Energy which has significant mineral rights holdings in the PA Marcellus Shale fields.   IIRC his holdings had been valued at ~$1B back when the Covid lockdowns hit.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

And you get a quarter-share of an asset that appreciates at a surprisingly high rate of return.

• Like 2

SquirminThurman
On 4/21/2024 at 11:53 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

All of it?? I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the info.

Bills Circle The Wagons
On 4/22/2024 at 5:50 AM, RochesterRob said:

I already mentioned Jacobs on Page 1 of this thread.

Didn’t see it sorry about that in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Bills Circle The Wagons
On 4/22/2024 at 3:56 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And you get a quarter-share of an asset that appreciates at a surprisingly high rate of return.

That still isn’t a great deal for an investment of $1 billion dollars in a small market NFL franchise like Buffalo. I think it’s going to take Terry Pegula awhile to find a billionaire that wants to hand over $1 billion dollars to Terry Pegula for a lousy 25% with no say. The only way someone is going to do that is if they have money burning a hole in their pocket one. Or two they will want right of first refusal to buy the rest of the Buffalo Bills. It would have to be someone young that can sit on the on the 25% of the Bills for 15 plus years to wait on Terry Pegula passing to move the Buffalo Bills out of Buffalo. Terry Pegula will just say you have to keep the Bills in Buffalo. The buyer can tell Terry Pegula whatever he wants to hear. But like the late Ralph Wilson said that is beyond his control his when the Bills got sold at his passing. And Bills fans don’t think that can’t happen.

The Oklahoma City Thunder owner Clay Bennett lied to the Seattle SuperSonics owner it was a disgrace that the NBA allowed Clay Bennett to get away with that David Stein the NBA commissioner who was NBA legal counsel when my Buffalo Braves were sold. For every owner that are good owners that do the right thing. There are some ruthless business owners that would lie to get their hands on the Buffalo Bills franchise to move it long term. The Buffalo Braves NBA owner moved my Braves because John Y. Brown was a lier he screwed over Louisville’s Kentucky Colonels a model ABA franchise took the $3 million dollars ABA buyout during the NBA-ABA merger costing Louisville a NBA franchise. Old John Y. Brown wasn’t done screwing over professional basketball markets. He took the $3 million dollars and bought the NBA Buffalo Braves and in two years screwed over Buffalo professional basketball market.

So just saying this up coming season is my 50 year of following Buffalo sports and over those 50 years I have seen a lot in professional sports in multiple leagues. When you lose a NBA team at 10 years old as a Buffalo fan it woke me up of the reality of professional sports. I was in the Kleinhan’s Junior Buffalo Braves kid’s club and everything as a kid. I don’t believe any sports owner because I think that harden me as a Buffalo sports fan the owners regardless of what they say can do whatever they want. For me as a Buffalo sports fan did the league schedule come out for that next coming year saying Buffalo still had a team regardless of the sport and league. Until I see that yearly schedule with Buffalo fill in the blank sport says they are still around in Buffalo. When the yearly schedule comes out only until then I know Buffalo still has a team in that league then I believe the team is still in Buffalo. T What about the politicians they say it’s ironclad lease? I don’t believe anything is ironclad and the last person I would believe is a politician that just wants to get reelected in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo