Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills FIRST ROUND Pick Discussion

This thread will be for discussion of Bills news/Rumors during the first night.

A separate thread for the actual pick info (and reaction) will be posted. 

• Like 2
  • I don't know 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Cheers 2

I can't imagine that Beane won't make some sort of move.

He always does.

They have 10 picks, and don't need that many rookies.

Wide Receiver ?

D - Line ?

Safety ?

I am warming to the idea of getting the best possible Receiver, so we could have a #1 receiver under the Rookie pay scale.

I mean $30 million a year for St. Brown  (Lions) OMG !

• Like 3

Trust the process!

The Bills need wide receivers. Whether they come in the first, second, or fifth, I want them to be game changers.

I don’t ask for much. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

According to their website, the Bills currently have:

• 49 Active players
  • 14 Reserve/Future players

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/players-roster/

That's 63 of the 90 they will bring to camp. So, 27 more bodies will be acquired through the draft, UDFAs, the still lingering FA pool, and potential trades.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Uncle Joe

I saw one mock last night which had Brian Thomas Jr falling to us at 28. Should be interesting to see how the board falls and how Beane uses those 10 picks.

• Like 2

I'm warming to the idea of McConkey as the first pick. Not the biggest obviously but fast, quick, and a great route runner to go with the fact he's a sure process guy and already might squeeze in as quickly as Kincaid last year. I know there are sexier picks at WR but to jump high enough to get one would cost a lot that we can use instead to move a bit to get the safety etc we want in the later rounds

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Makes sense  

They have to do something like this. If not Rome, Brian Thomas or someone at that level

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I saw one mock last night which had Brian Thomas Jr falling to us at 28. Should be interesting to see how the board falls and how Beane uses those 10 picks.

They can't risk it. Trade the#1 and 2 2nds or something else that works to move up and lock it in

Uncle Joe
9 minutes ago, Dante said:

They can't risk it. Trade the#1 and 2 2nds or something else that works to move up and lock it in

Sometimes it pays to be patient (see O'Cyrus last year).

The Bills need to get younger at quite a few positions and we should be able to get value there with our draft pick stockpile.
AND and I still have Sammy syndrome.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I can't imagine that Beane won't make some sort of move.

He always does.

They have 10 picks, and don't need that many rookies.

Wide Receiver ?

D - Line ?

Safety ?

I am warming to the idea of getting the best possible Receiver, so we could have a #1 receiver under the Rookie pay scale.

I mean $30 million a year for St. Brown  (Lions) OMG !

This is where I’m at. I would like to see them get one of the top 3 wr. Even MHJ. Pair him with Josh for the next decade and 5 years are at a controlled pay scale. Should get Josh to almost the end of his career. I doubt they move that far up but I have a few more hours to dream.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

Then there is a side of me that would love a D lineman that could play along side Oliver in the middle that could just blow up the o line and just ruin anything they are trying to do. Can we get both tonight? 

• I don't know 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Hedge said:

• Indy has done a ton of work on WR, as well as corner. They also really like Brock Bowers

I'm guessing I'm the only person on the entire planet who's first thought was "That's how the Japanese pronounce 'block bowels'."  

19 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But then, come Thursday night Beane will be in the draft room, and I'll be sitting on my ass in front of a computer making bad puns on rookie players' names.  There's a reason for that.

Yeah...I'm getting started early.  :facepalm:

• Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Haha 2

Draft Night !!!

By the way I decided against a separate Draft Night Fashion Thread.

You'll thank me later.

67241f98-cf80-4b94-8d81-a734e437add3-Pao

Sig1Hunter

Odunze has “process” written all over him. Too bad we cant get him.

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Draft Night !!!

By the way I decided against a separate Draft Night Fashion Thread.

You'll thank me later.

67241f98-cf80-4b94-8d81-a734e437add3-Pao

mr-glass-they-called-me-mr-glass.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

BTJr. is who I would like to see us get. We have a realistic chance to get him and if we have to move up, it shouldn't be that far, so the capital required would be minimal. Let's hope 5 or more QBs go in the 1st.

• Like 4