Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills 2024 First Draft Pick: Round 2, Pick #33 (from Carolina): WR, Florida State, Keon Coleman

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

If he had run 5/100ths faster, no one in their right mind would question the choice.  It's funny how many of the real metrics people ignore because of 40 times, despite the fact that NFL history is littered with fast guys who did literally nothing in their time on the field.

He had the top speed in the gauntlet - a much better test of "football speed" - by a healthy margin.  But "his 40 time!!!"  And it's only one 40 time, the one he ran at the combine.  It's one data point.  I assume he's ran a 40 at some other point in his life?  

We're interviewing for developers right now.  I'm going to start asking them "What's your 40 time in the combine?" because apparently that's all that matters.

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
21 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He had the top speed in the gauntlet - a much better test of "football speed" - by a healthy margin.  But "his 40 time!!!"  And it's only one 40 time, the one he ran at the combine.  It's one data point.  I assume he's ran a 40 at some other point in his life?  

We're interviewing for developers right now.  I'm going to start asking them "What's your 40 time in the combine?" because apparently that's all that matters.

I once worked with a developer who took three months to get his visual studio up and running.

Not sure what his 40 time was though. 

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I once worked with a developer who took three months to get his visual studio up and running.

Not sure what his 40 time was though. 

Sounds like he needed to develop some work ethic.

Fansince88
45 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If he had run 5/100ths faster, no one in their right mind would question the choice.  It's funny how many of the real metrics people ignore because of 40 times, despite the fact that NFL history is littered with fast guys who did literally nothing in their time on the field.

Well, correct but there are a few not in there right minds that hate the pick. Not me of course. 

• Like 2

Nanker
6 hours ago, Cinga said:

I'll be the first to admit I knew nothing about him before the draft other than he was on some draft boards, I just never paid attention because of all the name players at the top of the draft of which I expected to get one. But I have never had a kid grow on me as fast as he has, everything I watch and read makes me really like this pick more and more!

Not at all unlike the pick of Josh Allen. That was SOOOOOOOOOOO controversial because "we" picked "the Wrong Josh!"

Keon Coleman is the Josh Allen of This Bills Draft.

They both almost immediately became a beloved Bills.

There. I said it.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

Fansince88
12 hours ago, Nanker said:

Not at all unlike the pick of Josh Allen. That was SOOOOOOOOOOO controversial because "we" picked "the Wrong Josh!"

Keon Coleman is the Josh Allen of This Bills Draft.

They both almost immediately became a beloved Bills.

There. I said it.

From your lips to my ears! Yes, that sounds a little creepy.  

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

You sounded like @Jabba The Hutt 🥴

• Haha 2

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Isn't that supposed to be, "from your lips to God's ear"???

Unless you're a much more important member than I realized? Then in that case, what the heck are you waiting for? Where's our Super Bowl?

• Haha 3

Fansince88
15 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Isn't that supposed to be, "from your lips to God's ear"???

Unless you're a much more important member than I realized? Then in that case, what the heck are you waiting for? Where's our Super Bowl?

God's not a big NFL fan with all the playing on Sunday stuff and all. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Oh, if only he was had a faster 40 time. :classic_laugh:

People don't like this pick? Watch this clip.

Mentioned that earlier.  This is a much better measure of "football speed" than a single 40-time.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Uncle Joe
On 5/7/2024 at 6:15 PM, Alaska Darin said:

I don't care if that coat was on the clearance rack at Macy's I would never buy that color. 

In Keon's defense he did say he was thinking about picking up some red and/or blue ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, Uncle Joe said:

I don't care if that coat was on the clearance rack at Macy's I would never buy that color. 

In Keon's defense he did say he was thinking about picking up some red and/or blue ones.

I'm so white that if I tried wearing anything yellow I'd look like an ad for jaundice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ninety-4
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm so white that if I tried wearing anything yellow I'd look like an ad for jaundice.

I'm so white I was once accused of being translucent at a hotel pool.  

• Haha 2