Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Fans are doing the donation thing again!

BuffaloHokie13

Donations to Buffalo hospital 'a true testament' to how community feels about Josh Allen

</snip>

Bills fans from all 50 states have donated. As of Friday night, 10 different countries were represented, with the Czech Republic being the furthest away.

</snip>

I noticed yesterday they had switched the donation buttons:

buttons.JPG

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

38 minutes ago, Ann said:

Donations to Buffalo hospital 'a true testament' to how community feels about Josh Allen

</snip>

Bills fans from all 50 states have donated. As of Friday night, 10 different countries were represented, with the Czech Republic being the furthest away.

</snip>

I noticed yesterday they had switched the donation buttons:

buttons.JPG

I hate to admit how many times a day I check to see what the numbers are.  I actually recorded the CBS News morning show yesterday just so I could see what I knew would be 2 minutes or so on the story.  Then this morning I watched NFL Network to see what they'd say and they did a nice piece as well.

There's always been something about WNY that's just different from everywhere else I've been - and I've literally been all over the world.  It's just too bad that politicians have all but ruined the possibility of ever living there again.

I've always been a proud BILLS' fan.  Since I've lived all over the country, I've taken my share of grief when wearing my gear.  One of my favorite things has always been how the wait staff at our Sunday bar (The Peanut Farm) always fights over who gets to serve us because: 

1.  We're fun.

2.  We have manners.

3.  We spend money.

4.  We tip better than everyone else...to the point where we literally took over the best sports bar in the state from the Packers and Steelers.

Stuff like this and giving a ridiculouse $330k to Andy Dalton and somewhere around $100k to Tyler Boyd is honestly just the norm.  The coverage of Kenny and the "table smashers" is such an overreported part of who we are and what our region is about.

• Like 5
  • FANtastic 1

Kenny isn't one of the table smashers. He's a great guy. Hell of a memory. Last met him at around 2010 or 2011. I saw him at the Philly game last year and told him I last saw him in Oakland.  He said "weren't you in biotech?" He was correct!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Kenny isn't one of the table smashers. He's a great guy. Hell of a memory. Last met him at around 2010 or 2011. I saw him at the Philly game last year and told him I last saw him in Oakland.  He said "weren't you in biotech?" He was correct!

I know he isn't - I've known him for years but the media covers him like he's a weirdo because of what they think actually sells.

• Like 1

BuffaloHokie13
16 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Cards fans get in on it.

And it looks like folks are donating to a children's hospital in Phoenix as well. How great!

• Like 2

Just got this thank you letter this morning, an amazing tribute to Josh Grandma and the Bills Fans!

THANKS TO YOUR SUPPORT, OISHEI CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL PLANS TO RECOGNIZE PATRICIA ALLEN AND BUFFALO BILLS FANS IN THE HOSPITAL AND HAS LAUNCHED A NEW FUND

S.gif

61ae2989-fbd5-4be4-a511-b3dbc39c4502.jpg

S.gif

S.gif

Following the recent outpouring of support to John R.Oishei Children’s Hospital from Buffalo Bills fans across the globe, we have announced plans to launch a new fund to honor quarterback Josh Allen’s grandmother. The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will provide ongoing support for hospital patients.

Hospital and foundation leadership met virtually with Josh earlier this week and have determined plans for recognition and ongoing patient support thanks to nearly $700,000 in donations from over 27,000 people like you.

On the hospital's tenth floor, themed as the sports floor, where Josh’s jersey already hangs with other NFL legends like Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, we have named a wing after Patricia Allen. The west wing will now be known as the ‘Patricia Allen Pediatric Recovery Wing.’ We released mock-ups of the proposed recognition including a plaque with Josh’s photo from the Seahawk’s game and large signage with her name.

In addition, the tenth floor playroom, which is within the new ‘Patricia Allen Pediatric Recovery Wing,’ will now be named ‘The Buffalo Bills Fans Fun Zone’ in recognition of the incredible support from you, the Bills fans all over the world for the hospital in Patricia Allen’s honor.

With Josh’s input, we have also launched the ‘Patricia Allen Fund,’ which will provide ongoing support to the pediatric critical care team at Oishei Children’s Hospital who provide life-saving care to pediatric patients. This team includes the pediatric transport team who transfer over 800 patients annually to Oishei Children’s Hospital from all eight counties of Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania. This incredible team is the only one of its kind in the region and provides care and treatment in the most critical situations. The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will help ensure this team receives necessary equipment, training and support they need to be ready for any life-saving traumas or events.

The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will also help families in need with support for things like emotional support, meals, programming and activities while in the hospital.

“I am humbled by the incredible generosity that has poured in over the past several days in honor of my grandmother. It means the world to me and my family and we are very grateful these donations will go toward helping save many lives for years to come,” said Josh Allen.

With the fund now established, this will give donors an opportunity to continue contributions in memory of Patricia Allen and a chance for Josh to make an even greater, long-lasting impact on patients at Oishei Children’s Hospital through our wonderful partnership and ongoing initiatives together.

The Foundation and hospital teams plan to continue working with Josh each year to oversee how the donations are used to support the kids and families of Western New York at Oishei Children’s Hospital. 

** If you designated your donation to a different hospital department or program, that designation will be honored

8d330529-5128-41ca-8eec-1dc2d65d37cf.jpg

0cf7420f-229e-489f-954a-721863cf0a4f.jpg

S.gif

On behalf of all of us at The Children's Hospital of Buffalo Foundation and Oishei Children's Hospital, we thank you for choosing to support Josh through donations to our hospital in honor of Patricia Allen. You will make an incredible impact on the lives of the children and families we care for.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 5

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Just got this thank you letter this morning, an amazing tribute to Josh Grandma and the Bills Fans!

THANKS TO YOUR SUPPORT, OISHEI CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL PLANS TO RECOGNIZE PATRICIA ALLEN AND BUFFALO BILLS FANS IN THE HOSPITAL AND HAS LAUNCHED A NEW FUND

S.gif

S.gif

S.gif

Following the recent outpouring of support to John R.Oishei Children’s Hospital from Buffalo Bills fans across the globe, we have announced plans to launch a new fund to honor quarterback Josh Allen’s grandmother. The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will provide ongoing support for hospital patients.

Hospital and foundation leadership met virtually with Josh earlier this week and have determined plans for recognition and ongoing patient support thanks to nearly $700,000 in donations from over 27,000 people like you.

On the hospital's tenth floor, themed as the sports floor, where Josh’s jersey already hangs with other NFL legends like Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, we have named a wing after Patricia Allen. The west wing will now be known as the ‘Patricia Allen Pediatric Recovery Wing.’ We released mock-ups of the proposed recognition including a plaque with Josh’s photo from the Seahawk’s game and large signage with her name.

In addition, the tenth floor playroom, which is within the new ‘Patricia Allen Pediatric Recovery Wing,’ will now be named ‘The Buffalo Bills Fans Fun Zone’ in recognition of the incredible support from you, the Bills fans all over the world for the hospital in Patricia Allen’s honor.

With Josh’s input, we have also launched the ‘Patricia Allen Fund,’ which will provide ongoing support to the pediatric critical care team at Oishei Children’s Hospital who provide life-saving care to pediatric patients. This team includes the pediatric transport team who transfer over 800 patients annually to Oishei Children’s Hospital from all eight counties of Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania. This incredible team is the only one of its kind in the region and provides care and treatment in the most critical situations. The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will help ensure this team receives necessary equipment, training and support they need to be ready for any life-saving traumas or events.

The ‘Patricia Allen Fund’ will also help families in need with support for things like emotional support, meals, programming and activities while in the hospital.

“I am humbled by the incredible generosity that has poured in over the past several days in honor of my grandmother. It means the world to me and my family and we are very grateful these donations will go toward helping save many lives for years to come,” said Josh Allen.

With the fund now established, this will give donors an opportunity to continue contributions in memory of Patricia Allen and a chance for Josh to make an even greater, long-lasting impact on patients at Oishei Children’s Hospital through our wonderful partnership and ongoing initiatives together.

The Foundation and hospital teams plan to continue working with Josh each year to oversee how the donations are used to support the kids and families of Western New York at Oishei Children’s Hospital. 

** If you designated your donation to a different hospital department or program, that designation will be honored

S.gif

On behalf of all of us at The Children's Hospital of Buffalo Foundation and Oishei Children's Hospital, we thank you for choosing to support Josh through donations to our hospital in honor of Patricia Allen. You will make an incredible impact on the lives of the children and families we care for.

It is so great to just even  be a small part of this. 

• Like 3

Unreal. How great to see his grandmother's name up there. 

Bills fans are something special. Now if we can just get them to stop jumping on tables.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

S.gif

S.gif

S.gif

S.gif

Heh... just checked my email. The background is Bills zubaz pants, just like the donation button(s).

The email also contained this thank you video

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Unreal. How great to see his grandmother's name up there. 

Bills fans are something special. Now if we can just get them to stop jumping on tables.

Not a chance! 🤣

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Not a chance! 🤣

Y'know, it doesn't matter much in the scheme of things, but I really dislike the table-jumping thing. And this is coming from someone who loves to watch people make assholes of themselves. The difference is people just associate all Bills fans with it.

On the other hand, the number of fans  I know who actually jumped on a table at a tailgate is equal to the number of fans I know who left the stadium after Reich threw a pick-six to start the third quarter against Houston.

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Y'know, it doesn't matter much in the scheme of things, but I really dislike the table-jumping thing. And this is coming from someone who loves to watch people make assholes of themselves. The difference is people just associate all Bills fans with it.

On the other hand, the number of fans  I know who actually jumped on a table at a tailgate is equal to the number of fans I know who left the stadium after Reich threw a pick-six to start the third quarter against Houston.

It seems to me you're a bit embarrassed by them as another Bills fan and you think all Bills fans are now associated with it. To me though, it just shows the passion of our fans, sort of like how they gave to Children's Hospital or to Dalton's charity....