Ann

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

"Hey it's Rex with the Jets."

McDonald: "Who?!"

Me=dead :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 3

Panthers to host Jets for joint practices at Wofford during 2023 training camp

The Carolina Panthers are set to host the New York Jets for two joint practices during training camp in August ahead of their preseason matchup at Bank of America Stadium, multiple league sources told The Charlotte Observer on Friday. 

The Panthers — who travel to Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, for training camp every year — will get an added look at the Jets and newly acquired franchise quarterback Aaron Rodgers during a pair of workouts. The two teams will then clash at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 12 on the Panthers’ home turf in Charlotte. 

The joint practices — which have become a common practice for NFL teams during the past few years — allow for the two squads to battle against each other in a controlled setting. Some coaches view the workouts as a replacement for the fourth preseason game, which was lost following the league’s move to a 17-game regular-season schedule last season. Both sides typically face off in individual and team workouts during the practice.

</snip>

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Wait till he &#%$s your girlfriend. THEN see if you’re laughing A - Aron. 

• Haha 8

SquirminThurman
On 6/10/2023 at 12:18 PM, Alaska Darin said:

As a Bills fan I love watching the Jets fail. But I have to give some credit to the Jets here.

In order to get a young, cocky and possibly talented dufus to buy in and reset, bring in an older more accomplished guy to bring him along. No young QB can argue against Aaron Rodgers in the QB room or field. Rodgers may not quite be what he was a few years ago, but he is still a very good QB with real accomplishments, and will probably improve that team with all the really good young talent they have on offense.

The Jets are the Jets but Hall/ Wilson/ Moore/ Carter/ Davis are all legit NFL players. I think Hall and Wilson are studs, and Rodgers will get them on the right path.

The Jets have 2 years of Aaron Rodgers to help mold dufus into something. That gives the Jets a 1 year post Rodgers review of Wilson with real weapons who have expectations set from a probable Hall of Famer.

I hate to say it but the Jets will be gunning for the Bills like the Dolphins. Hopefully the Jets and Dolphins split and both knock out the Pats. It's going to be a tough slog for our boys in blue, but we have peak JA and a revamped defense. It will be a really exciting season.

As for the Jets, they have done a lot right and I believe the AFC East is truly a three team race.

I think back to the 1980's and 1990's NFC East that was a real battle. Those teams beat on each other regularly and many champions were born from that fire. The Bills mettle will be tested long before the post season. That is daunting, but a good thing.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

The Jets have 2 years of Aaron Rodgers to help mold dufus into something. That gives the Jets a 1 year post Rodgers review of Wilson with real weapons who have expectations set from a probable Hall of Famer.

Rodgers wasn't brought in to mentor Wilson.  He was brought in as the bridge until their next 1st round QB.

My two questions regarding the Rodgers/Wilson situation is how long until the Jets cut Wilson, and how many times does Rodgers hook up with Zach Wilson's mom?

Edited by devnull
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2