Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021: Black Friday / Holiday Deals

Mahoney

Kicking this back up for 2021, though I doubt the "deals" will be as good as last year.

See an item that's stupid cheap? Let us know so we can snag one.

Edited by Mahoney

5 hours ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

See an item that's stupid cheap? Let us know so we can snag one.

Bose QuietComfort 35 II for $199 (only time of the year it goes on sale)

I was considering them a few weeks back at this price on Walmart.   Pulled the trigger last night.  Will see if they're better than the knock offs on Amazon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I was considering them a few weeks back at this price on Walmart.   Pulled the trigger last night.  Will see if they're better than the knock offs on Amazon.

I'm curious to hear the report.

If you hunt (or like duck fat), Maple Leaf Farms has 3.5# tubs of duck fat for $9.99.

Orders under $149 the shipping is $19.99 (for me in NYS).

If you wait until midnight on BF, they have duck breasts on sale, too:

The countdown is on... until our Biggest Sale Yet! Starting Thanksgiving night @ Midnight -- get a (2)pk of Our Boneless Duck Breasts and a Duck Fat Tub for just $9.99 EACH!

https://www.facebook.com/MapleLeafFarmsDuck/posts/10159249841883296

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Dear Santa,

In my stocking I'd like a buncha ammo.  I'm even willing to pay for it.

I've been a VERY good boy.

AD

Check out https://www.targetsportsusa.com/

Their stock changes pretty frequently, so if what you need isn't there at the moment, it might be the next day. They even ship ammo to you (at least they did to me, not sure about the rules where you are.) Bought a case of .22 long rifle from them earlier this year.

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Just got a food saver at BJs

We (that is the royal "we" as I cannot foodsaver no matter how many times my husband has shown me how) started with a food saver, got a second (better) food saver, then a few years ago I got him a Cabela's commercial grade one which is pretty darned nice (I looked, it does not seem to be the same one they are currently selling).  He'd love a nice chamber-style vacuum sealer but we do not have a dedicated area in the kitchen for it (they are large), and there is no way he is hauling it up and down from the basement.

For the foodsaver bags, he was getting them on fleabay for a while.  I got him a giant off-brand order a few years back, and those worked well, too.  He got the rolls once, and while a lot cheaper they were a big PITA. For my gardening vegetables, we have use the steamer bags for the last few years, and those were worth the upcharge.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, GG1 said:

I bought one last year and it's still going strong after heavy use. I even accidentally refrigerated it overnight (don't ask).

https://wildalaskancompany.com/

Our Best Deal Ever! Become A Member and Get Wild Alaska Pollock For Life - PLUS *Bonus* Free 2lbs of Dungeness Crab In First Box!

The boxes are 12 ct for $131 + $10 S&H or 24 ct for $240, no S&H (+ the freebies, one is a one time only, the other is "for life")

You can pause or cancel anytime

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

LG 34" ultrawide monitor ... $249

Bought one earlier in the week and it's already here. I had the 29" version, which I loved. I forgot about it in about two seconds. This thing is awesome.

After learning that my 18” monitor is woefully inadequate yesterday, I’m thinking of an upgrade.   The monitor is actually at the perfectly frustrating distance on my desk that I can’t wear my glasses OR take them off without getting annoyed.

• Like 1

Just now, snafu said:

After learning that my 18” monitor is woefully inadequate yesterday, I’m thinking of an upgrade.   The monitor is actually at the perfectly frustrating distance on my desk that I can’t wear my glasses OR take them off without getting annoyed.

Exactly. Sadly, my eyesight isn't what it used to be. This helps a ton!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Sum Ting Wong said:

LG 34" ultrawide monitor ... $249

Bought one earlier in the week and it's already here. I had the 29" version, which I loved. I forgot about it in about two seconds. This thing is awesome.

Samsung 49" Inch Ultrawide, $999

I have this and it is absof*ckinglutely amazing :rockon:

*Edit: Linked wrong model first time

Edited by devnull
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

For years I've been on a mission to find the best pair of sub-$60 bluetooth active noise cancelling headphones.  Needless to say, I've spent enough on crap to buy at least two sets of Bose QuietComforts.  :classic_laugh:

Bose's customer service was the best (or laziest) I've ever experienced. Back when I had the QuietComfort II, it broke a LOT. The first time I sat on it and it split right down the middle. I took it to the Bose store and asked if they could sell me the top part. The employee took a new pair out of a new box and gave it to me. I thought it was a joke and said, "No, I just need the top part. It was my fault, you don't need to do that." He said that Bose had a policy of replacing broken headsets without question. A few months later, my (then) puppy chewed them up. I thought, "Nah, lightning doesn't strike twice, does it?" I went to the same store, and a different employee did the same thing. A year later the black coating from the headset started to flake off. Once again, I got a new headset. No questions asked.

A few years later, while shopping for a new speaker system, I asked the sales guy about that policy, and if it would apply to my new purchase. He said, "Oh, Bose did away with that policy. Too many customers abused it." 😄

On 11/25/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ann said:

If you hunt (or like duck fat), Maple Leaf Farms has 3.5# tubs of duck fat for $9.99.

Orders under $149 the shipping is $19.99 (for me in NYS).

If you wait until midnight on BF, they have duck breasts on sale, too:

The countdown is on... until our Biggest Sale Yet! Starting Thanksgiving night @ Midnight -- get a (2)pk of Our Boneless Duck Breasts and a Duck Fat Tub for just $9.99 EACH!

https://www.facebook.com/MapleLeafFarmsDuck/posts/10159249841883296

I'm roasting one of their whole ducks as I type this. 

• Like 2