Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Discussion: Best Places to Live in USA

Dubs

No one for the Bay Area??  Come on!!   😄

I'm thinking we eventually move either to the mountains or, I've always fancied the idea of a place on the water in the FL Keys.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

No one for the Bay Area??  Come on!!   😄

Well, shitting in the middle of the street does look like fun...

On 11/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, Ann said:

I wrote about this in another thread (in politics). We want our winter road trip to be a scouting trip for a new place to live. Virginia would be the obvious place, but I do not want to jump from the NYS being ruled by NYC political frying pan, to the Virginia being ruled by metro-DC fire. May as well stick with the devil we know.

We are very familiar with the St Augustine area in Florida having had a condo there for years. We are looking for a few other spots in Florida, but... Florida.

We have areas in SC, NC, KY, and OH we are going to investigate further. We have gulf coast spots in Alabama and Mississippi circled, but if I have to deal with hurricanes, I may as well live in Florida.  And once again people are trying to talk us into Idaho.  We love South Dakota but we'd be right back to winter travel if we moved there.

Alabama sounds like an awesome place to live.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Koko said:

Well, shitting in the middle of the street does look like fun...

And people on here talking about wanting more freedom......how much more freedom could you want??

2 hours ago, FDR said:

Hard to believe the level of nut-job that exists out there.  Of course, she looks like typical lost woman who seeks to find solace among those who need to live in cages to exist with other humans.

No, we don't need prisons at all!!!  Bad guys would magically be good boys if we just 'invested' more money in public labor unions!

Nouseforaname
10 hours ago, FDR said:

So you even need to pollute OT threads with your garbage ?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Does anyone know anything about the Wilmington, NC area?  

just on face value, things that are appealing to me: 

1) coastal location

2) less insane than NY State

3) better taxes than NY

4) nice climate

5) small to midsized metro location

Edited by Dubs part Dub

11 hours ago, Dubs part Dub said:

Does anyone know anything about the Wilmington, NC area?  

just on face value, things that are appealing to me: 

1) coastal location

2) less insane than NY State

3) better taxes than NY

4) nice climate

5) small to midsized metro location

I like Wilmington...we go there before our beach vacation every year.  There's plenty to do, downtown is great and the beaches are many and close.

They have been hit hard by hurricanes the last few years, so be mindful of that.  Especially if you live/move to a low-lying area or near a water source.

• Cheers 1

On 11/27/2020 at 2:29 PM, Alaska Darin said:

In the not too distant future we're going to move to one of the lakes in Southeastern Tennessee, close to Knoxville.  I've been all over the country in my adult travels and there's really nothing that compares to it.

The area truly checks all my boxes.  Climate is good through all the seasons, cost of living is cheap, liberty is high, and there's tons of things to do. 

It is nice.  I own a property near Douglas Lake, not far from Gatlinburg. 

• Like 1

Complicated decision.  Hope to retire in about 3 years.  My wife and I have lived in shit winter weather our whole lives so looking for warm in Winter.  Plan to spend Feb '21 in Vero Beach, FL next year if all things line up.  It's a nice community, almost no high rises on the coast, smaller population. Well kept.  Might be a good 6 month + a day location.  I'd like to spend summers in Finger Lakes or Adirondacks.  Still have some things to work out.     I could be happy though in a lot of places in the southeast year round. 

• Like 1