Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Week 16: BILLS vs *Patriots : The Aftermath

Ann

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

My only regret is that Gillette was not full of *Patriots fans to see the gut punch in person and for the cameras to have been able to find *Patriots fans disgusted with their team.  There is always next year I guess.

BuffaloHokie13
1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

Other than the obvious highlight plays, one of my favorite moments from last night was the third and long where Josh threw a deep TD to Gabe Davis, but it didn’t count because NE called timeout just before the snap. For past Bills teams that would have been a  psychologically breaking “damn you Belichick” moment, but Josh just went out and converted the 3rd down and put together a touchdown drive. 

What if I told you that it wasn't 3rd and long, but 4th and 2. And we had the stainless steel balls to go for it again after the timeout!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

What if I told you that it wasn't 3rd and long, but 4th and 2. And we had the stainless steel balls to go for it again after the timeout!

You’re right. I couldn’t remember if it was 3rd down or 4th down, and I misread it I went back to check the play by play log in the box score. The third and long was the play before the timeout, not the one affected by it. Even better. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

There are way too many examples of good young QBs being ruined by putting them on the field when the talent around them isn't there.  They take a ton of hits, get the yips, and lose the confidence required to win in the NFL.

And then there's our guy who had a putrid offensive line in his rookie year and ran for his life more than he scrambled.

• Like 1

BuffaloHokie13
41 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

You’re right. I couldn’t remember if it was 3rd down or 4th down, and I misread it I went back to check the play by play log in the box score. The third and long was the play before the timeout, not the one affected by it. Even better. 

I definitely looked over at my mom and said 'A lot of teams would have second thoughts during the timeout after executing the play they wanted. These guys have some ego!'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

And then there's our guy who had a putrid offensive line in his rookie year and ran for his life more than he scrambled.

Which was actually a normal season for Josh, when you get right down to it.  It's pretty obvious that JA is wired a bit different than most QBs.  I've been saying it since his rookie year:  dude is a flat out baller.  He will give everything he has to try to win. 

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Which was actually a normal season for Josh, when you get right down to it.  It's pretty obvious that JA is wired a bit different than most QBs.  I've been saying it since his rookie year:  dude is a flat out baller.  He will give everything he has to try to win. 

Yes, but there's also a huge difference between Houston playoff game Josh and the Josh we're seeing now.  The players around him got better and the game has slowed down and he doesn't have to be a hero all at the same time.

No matter what, Stidham ain't ever gonna have that.  Darnold might some day with better Jets management -- but he doesn't have the nutz that Josh has.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

Yes, but there's also a huge difference between Houston playoff game Josh and the Josh we're seeing now.  The players around him got better and the game has slowed down and he doesn't have to be a hero all at the same time.

Yeah, off the top of my head, I see at least 18 more points vs Houston with the new & improved Josh.

17 minutes ago, snafu said:

It is like watching the same body, but a completely different person and brain.

Happy to be a Bills fan right now. SUPER happy.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1