Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Divisional Round Weekend: Playoffs Bills vs Baltimore 8:15pm Saturday

Ann

9 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I'm sure that's how Ravens coaches & fans feel.  Lamar missed open TDs on nearly every possession.  Kudos to Frazier & McDermott for designing a game plan that clearly rattled the opposing QB to continue doing stupid things.   

After watching a handful of series, the Johnson INT wasn't a matter of if, but when.  There was no luck involved in it, just perfect execution of what they saw on film and studied during the week.

I am half excited to watch the Kansas City games in half terrified. I'm scared I won't find enough flaws for us to capitalize on it when the way we win

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
9 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I'm sure that's how Ravens coaches & fans feel.  Lamar missed open TDs on nearly every possession.  Kudos to Frazier & McDermott for designing a game plan that clearly rattled the opposing QB to continue doing stupid things.   

After watching a handful of series, the Johnson INT wasn't a matter of if, but when.  There was no luck involved in it, just perfect execution of what they saw on film and studied during the week.

Johnson, watched Lamar's eyes the entire way and just waited for him throw the ball and jumped it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I am half excited to watch the Kansas City games in half terrified. I'm scared I won't find enough flaws for us to capitalize on it when the way we win

Don't be terrified.   You may be surprised to see that the Chiefs of the last 5 weeks aren't as scary as advertised.  I think I have to grudgingly admit that without a healthy Sammy in the lineup, their offense skips a beat more often than not.   Don't discount that Mahomes probably has a more serious leg injury than what's known.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Don't be terrified.   You may be surprised to see that the Chiefs of the last 5 weeks aren't as scary as advertised.  I think I have to grudgingly admit that without a healthy Sammy in the lineup, their offense skips a beat more often than not.   Don't discount that Mahomes probably has a more serious leg injury than what's known.

My bet is the more serious ninjury is that foot/toe and it is covered up by the head injury.

As I walk out what I just guess looking at very little exposure to the Chiefs in the last few months and how we played them the first time I'd say Chiefs +1.5.

I don't have any idea how we handle kelce yet.

Edit:. Murphy, milano, Phillips were inactive week 6 against them.  Milano is a no brainier, murphy should get the nod to play, phillips played very well each time improving.  Sitting Daryl Johnson isn't my preference because I like his hustle and ST play, but... Jeesh.

Milano will be big to help kelce. Easily think  Cover 2, zone D with a big nickle will be an option

Edited by Boyst
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boyst said:

My bet is the more serious ninjury is that foot/toe and it is covered up by the head injury.

ninjury?  is that like getting hit by throwing stars or nunchucks?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

Completely agree. I think in the last six regular season games, they only won by 6 points or less. Their secondary is completely suspect. Mayfield hit some nice downfield throws. In fact, Chubb dropped three very easy passes yesterday that would have easily tilted the score before Mahomes got hurt.

Matthew Fairburn at The Athletic wrote a nice piece here about how the Bills get to the SB through the Ravens, and predicts a final of 34-27 Bills.

In the end, the Bills are a completely different team than the were during the first match up. Milano back, and Edmunds and Allen healed. Plus...

8. In their win against the Ravens, the Bills didn’t hand the ball off to a running back until there were three minutes left in the second quarter. Their play-calling was historically pass-happy. This week may set them up for a similar trend. The Chiefs were the second-best team in the NFL at limiting explosive runs this season. However, they were 24th in the NFL at limiting explosive passing plays. That said, the Chiefs also ranked 31st in run defense efficiency, according to Football Outsiders’ DVOA. It’s not impossible to run the ball against Kansas City, but Buffalo is a pass-first offense and will live by that identity against the Chiefs.

14. The Chiefs had the best toxic differential (explosive play differential plus turnover differential) in football, aided by their plus-39 explosive play differential. They were also plus-six in turnover differential. But Kansas City hasn’t as been dominant down the stretch of the season. The Chiefs haven’t won a game by more than six since they crushed the Jets on Nov. 1.

Since Week 6, when the Chiefs beat the Bills, the Bills actually have a higher toxic differential than the Chiefs do. From Week 7 to Week 17, the Bills’ average point differential was a league-best 13.8 points per game. That was more than a touchdown better than the Chiefs’ average point differential of 6.8 points per game during that span.

I didn't know toxic differential was a thing in football. Whenever I hear someone discussing a differential, all I hear is Marisa Tomei explaining how no one would EVA mistake a Corvette for a Buick Skylark.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I really like this kind of stuff. I never see it during the game, so it's fun to see it afterwards.

This is begging for the Yakety Sax treatment. 

• FANtastic 1

16 hours ago, GG1 said:

Just had a quick look at Ravens first two drives, and it's clearly obvious that Ravens need to either fire Roman or invest serious time for Lamar to learn to play QB.   My hunch it's the latter.   The kid does not think like a QB and left two TDs on the table because he bails on the pass too soon, nor recognizes the best time to throw the ball.   With the Bills fully selling out to stop the run, there were huge opportunities for big passing plays.  Lamar ignored them.

Just look at this play, and Jackson's decision to throw the ball.  This ends up being a 1 yd completion to Snead (at the 30), instead of at least a 1st down or TD to Brown inside the hash.  This was on the first drive where they didn't get a 1st down and Tucker hit the first upright.    There are more egregious examples throughout the game.

image.png.c8eaf692cc14b2648c65c5bd6e4140d6.png

All the talking heads screaming that Ravens need to invest in high quality receivers to help out Jackson couldn't be more wrong.   Any WR will wither on the vine until Lamar turns into a QB.

Thanks for posting this.  There were a couple of passing plays where they showed the endzone cam angle and there were NUMEROUS WRs open but they were moving.  Lamar clearly struggles with anticipation throws to moving horizontal targets (vertical he seems fine). 

I don't think it's on the OC at this point.  It's QB 101 to be able to find guys and throw them open, especially if you wanna win big games in the NFL. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Thanks for posting this.  There were a couple of passing plays where they showed the endzone cam angle and there were NUMEROUS WRs open but they were moving.  Lamar clearly struggles with anticipation throws to moving horizontal targets (vertical he seems fine). 

I don't think it's on the OC at this point.  It's QB 101 to be able to find guys and throw them open, especially if you wanna win big games in the NFL. 

If Lamar takes and passes QB 101, he could be the most dangerous and lethal QB to ever play the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not sure if you bothered to suffer through some Charlie Weiss this morning, but he was insisting the only thing missing in Baltimore is a #1 receiver and an offseason. Look at what Diggs did for Allen, he explained, to which the following conversation essentially took place.

Weiss: Look at what Diggs did for Josh Allen.

Peppler: Yes, but Allen improved greatly, too.

Weiss: But he doesn't improve without Diggs. Plus, you can't overstate how not having a preseason didn't help Lamar. Get him a #1 and an preseason and he'll be fine.

Peppler: Would someone please kill me...

• Haha 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Not sure if you bothered to suffer through some Charlie Weiss this morning, but he was insisting the only thing missing in Baltimore is a #1 receiver and an offseason. Look at what Diggs did for Allen, he explained, to which the following conversation essentially took place.

Weiss: Look at what Diggs did for Josh Allen.

Peppler: Yes, but Allen improved greatly, too.

Weiss: But he doesn't improve without Diggs. Plus, you can't overstate how not having a preseason didn't help Lamar. Get him a #1 and an preseason and he'll be fine.

Peppler: Would someone please kill me...

Michael Vick had the same take yesterday.  He talked about how Roman is killing Lamar's development as a passer.  Said Lamar needs someone like Andy Reid to help him.

It's just so convenient to blame the coach instead of the player.    Lamar's issues are pretty easy to see if you're paying attention.  There's a reason he throws so much to tight ends and more stationary targets.  He'll either work on that and get better or he'll end up on the scrap heap because the hits start adding up, as it is with most uber-athletic guys.

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Said Lamar needs someone like Andy Reid to help him.

What Lamar needs is a summer with Jordan Palmer and a shit-ton of Josh Allen work ethic.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

For those of you, like me, that have no problem watching this play over and over from different angles.

Volume up. That effin' crowd was rocking for 6700.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

35 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Good analysis, but with that accent I was expecting the announcer to jump into a discussion in how Bills can beat KC at even strength while shoring up their goaltending.

• Haha 1

Just now, GG1 said:

Good analysis, but with that accent I was expecting the announcer to jump into a discussion in how Bills can beat KC at even strength while shoring up their goaltending.

Dude's a bit of a Gordie.

37 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Nice post. Maybe it's just me hearing what I want to hear, but I completely agree with his comment that if the Bills were able to adjust to the Ravens D, they can certainly adjust to the KC D. 

• Like 3

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Dude's a bit of a Gordie.

For a moment I thought it was an AI spitting out programmed text. Some people just hate contractions, apparently.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Nice post. Maybe it's just me hearing what I want to hear, but I completely agree with his comment that if the Bills were able to adjust to the Ravens D, they can certainly adjust to the KC D. 

One of the biggest improvements for the Bills in the last 8 weeks has been sitting Winters.    

• Like 5