Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Divisional Round Weekend: Playoffs Bills vs Baltimore 8:15pm Saturday

Ann

Next week will witness endless delisting on the fact that it was Green Bay Vs KFC in the first “SuperBowl”. It’s going to be nauseating. That’s the matchup that the League and Network pundits will be humping. 

19 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Next week will witness endless delisting on the fact that it was Green Bay Vs KFC in the first “SuperBowl”. It’s going to be nauseating. That’s the matchup that the League and Network pundits will be humping. 

I'm not sure the NFL or media cares much since the current remaining teams (including Tampa) all have awesome story lines.  BILLS' Mafia, Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, et al are all very endearing to a mass audience.  Neither KC nor Green Bay is an easier sell to the coasts than the current Buffalo team is.

These aren't the BILLS of the last 25 years...

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Notice how Marsha tried to get a high five from one of the refs after his TD plunge? 

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 1
  • Doh! 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm not sure the NFL or media cares much since the current remaining teams (including Tampa) all have awesome story lines.  BILLS' Mafia, Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, et al are all very endearing to a mass audience.  Neither KC nor Green Bay is an easier sell to the coasts than the current Buffalo team is.

These aren't the BILLS of the last 25 years...

I would ALMOST add that after the past few years, America would be GLAD to return to the days when the Bills were relevant. A loveable underdog...a fan base that funds new wings of hospitals...

You could do A LOT worse than a final four of GB, KC, Buffalo, and Brees OR Marsha.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

This article is kind of a funny take, I guess, from a Canadian who lived through the last time the Bills were really good. He keeps spelling words wrong (like 'offence'), and he gives the sense that everyone should obey their government, even though obeying the government means it's okay to have 6700 fans in attendance, but otherwise -- like I said -- a funny take.

If you’ve been clean of the Bills these past few years and trying to avoid the people, places and TV stations that remind you of the old days, I have bad news for you. The Bills are good again. Not just decentish or non-embarrassing, but honest-to-God good. Fully competent on both sides of the ball. Capable of taking a lead early and holding it late. Dotted with a few genuine stars who don’t appear to spend all their time in Buffalo trying to plot an escape route out of Buffalo.

On Saturday night, the Bills should have lost to the Baltimore Ravens.

Why? Because they’re the Bills. Their function in the great media ecosystem is to remind people who pay too much to live miserably in New York or Los Angeles why they do that. So that they don’t have to live like pashas in Buffalo (a criminally underrated town), but root miserably for the Bills.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 1

This was me.  Well, kind of.  I had the same sweatpants and number 17 jersey, same reaction, and also in New Hampshire.

My wife and friends reactions were a bit more exciting than his family's reaction though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bdutton said:

This was me.  Well, kind of.  I had the same sweatpants and number 17 jersey, same reaction, and also in New Hampshire.

My wife and friends reactions were a bit more exciting than his family's reaction though.

Was anybody else looking for a flag like I was before celebrating?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

To be fair, I celebrated, looked for a flag, didn't see one. Then celebrated some more

I looked left as Taron was running right..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Interesting. I look at that video and ask "Who the hell records themselves watching TV?"

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

I wasn't far off and was told I need to calm down before the neighbors called the police. I stood the entire game. When this happened I tackled my wife on the couch and messed up her mario cart game. She was less than impressed. 

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I really like this kind of stuff. I never see it during the game, so it's fun to see it afterwards.

That's a huge deal. Everyone talked about how fast he was but any man is only so quick. To use an example I used while coaching. A man can outrun a horse for 10'. That Jackson is fast doesn't matter unless you let him run. With good angles and awareness you don't need to close the gap only have the potential to do so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I really like this kind of stuff. I never see it during the game, so it's fun to see it afterwards.

Coaches' Film is up on All-22 and I'll have fun reviewing it.  From the broadcast, I only recall 3 times where the defenders strayed from their gap responsibilities  - Edmunds early early on, Epenesa running too far upfield, and Jefferson over running a gap in the middle that allowed a huge 3rd down pickup by Lamar.   

Otherwise a spectacular game by everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Coaches' Film is up on All-22 and I'll have fun reviewing it.  From the broadcast, I only recall 3 times where the defenders strayed from their gap responsibilities  - Edmunds early early on, Epenesa running too far upfield, and Jefferson over running a gap in the middle that allowed a huge 3rd down pickup by Lamar.   

Otherwise a spectacular game by everyone. 

That Jefferson move was so infuriating. Everyone thinks the only way to get Jackson is to get Jackson. He's sort of like Cam Newton. Don't go after him, let him come to you. He's too athletic to pursue, he's too explosive to expect, he's just really good as an athlete. But make him play quarterback, make him take time, make him open up his vulnerabilities and he will prove to be less of a threat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

I listened to that with the sound off and did the entire thing in my head -- including the (I assume) "you're freaking out the dog" part near the end.  That guy was great. 

My wife recently bought an electric recliner.  There's no jumping out of those effin things.  Johnson was already at the 50 before I could get out of my chair!  I am not using that chair during a Bills game again.

11 minutes ago, Boyst said:

That Jefferson move was so infuriating. Everyone thinks the only way to get Jackson is to get Jackson. He's sort of like Cam Newton. Don't go after him, let him come to you. He's too athletic to pursue, he's too explosive to expect, he's just really good as an athlete. But make him play quarterback, make him take time, make him open up his vulnerabilities and he will prove to be less of a threat. 

Just had a quick look at Ravens first two drives, and it's clearly obvious that Ravens need to either fire Roman or invest serious time for Lamar to learn to play QB.   My hunch it's the latter.   The kid does not think like a QB and left two TDs on the table because he bails on the pass too soon, nor recognizes the best time to throw the ball.   With the Bills fully selling out to stop the run, there were huge opportunities for big passing plays.  Lamar ignored them.

Just look at this play, and Jackson's decision to throw the ball.  This ends up being a 1 yd completion to Snead (at the 30), instead of at least a 1st down or TD to Brown inside the hash.  This was on the first drive where they didn't get a 1st down and Tucker hit the first upright.    There are more egregious examples throughout the game.

image.png.c8eaf692cc14b2648c65c5bd6e4140d6.png

All the talking heads screaming that Ravens need to invest in high quality receivers to help out Jackson couldn't be more wrong.   Any WR will wither on the vine until Lamar turns into a QB.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Just had a quick look at Ravens first two drives, and it's clearly obvious that Ravens need to either fire Roman or invest serious time for Lamar to learn to play QB.   My hunch it's the latter.   The kid does not think like a QB and left two TDs on the table because he bails on the pass too soon, nor recognizes the best time to throw the ball.   With the Bills fully selling out to stop the run, there were huge opportunities for big passing plays.  Lamar ignored them.

Just look at this play, and Jackson's decision to throw the ball.  This ends up being a 1 yd completion to Snead (at the 30), instead of at least a 1st down or TD to Brown inside the hash.  This was on the first drive where they didn't get a 1st down and Tucker hit the first upright.    There are more egregious examples throughout the game.

image.png.c8eaf692cc14b2648c65c5bd6e4140d6.png

All the talking heads screaming that Ravens need to invest in high quality receivers to help out Jackson couldn't be more wrong.   Any WR will wither on the vine until Lamar turns into a QB.

In every film I watched I saw this over and over again. Against slower, non-athletic teams they would get the chunk yardage all across midfield and stall around the 30-40. Magically, Jackson pulled the nose upright and would find windows to pass it, throw wr's open, etc inside the 30.

He had some amazing throws against Pittsburgh, Cleveland, NE*, and the Titans inside the 20. Before that the red zone he sucks.

I don't have the heart to watch the game again. I am watching the Chiefs Browns game tonight. Any other ideas to watch?

2 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I don't have the heart to watch the game again. 

I'm sure that's how Ravens coaches & fans feel.  Lamar missed open TDs on nearly every possession.  Kudos to Frazier & McDermott for designing a game plan that clearly rattled the opposing QB to continue doing stupid things.   

After watching a handful of series, the Johnson INT wasn't a matter of if, but when.  There was no luck involved in it, just perfect execution of what they saw on film and studied during the week.

• Like 4