Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Economy Thread

GG1

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Which would be good news if you want the fed to stop raising or even cutting rates.

It is however indicative a looming recession.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

This morning, James Bullard (CEO, Fed of St. Louis) said inflation is "stick" and there's a risk it has become entrenched.

I'm old enough to remember when it was "transitory."

I can't help thinking The Fed's been run by idiots the past two years.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
23 hours ago, Foxx said:

It is however indicative a looming recession.

At this point a recession is a self fulfilling prophecy.  

The fed is just waiting for an excuse to pause and eventually signal rate cuts and by then, I’m assuming that companies will have concluded with their layoffs/restructuring .

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
21 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

This morning, James Bullard (CEO, Fed of St. Louis) said inflation is "stick" and there's a risk it has become entrenched.

I'm old enough to remember when it was "transitory."

Dinosaurs.  They focus on what brought them success in the past and refuse to adjust.  

Nouseforaname

https://www.wsj.com/articles/these-tech-workers-say-they-were-hired-to-do-nothing-762ff158?st=tzojhgyuuhtv446&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Not surprising at all. 

“Peo­ple were job-hop­ping from jobs where they were do­ing noth­ing, work­ing from home, to an­other where they were do­ing noth­ing, work­ing from home, and got paid 15% more,” he says. Em­ploy­ees at Mr. Siebel’s com­pany are ex­pected to work full time from the of­fice, which he says is es­sen­tial to high per­for­mance and col­lab­o­ra­tion.

Edited by Nouseforaname

On 4/6/2023 at 11:35 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I can't help but thinking you're off by a factor of 10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 2:33 PM, Ann said:

It's the same playbook from the Obama era... release good numbers then "revise" them a month later. 

massage.jpg.3ecf6562d6a9f838a2497a33046ff7c6.jpg

Not only revise the numbers, but do it in a Friday news dump.

• 2 weeks later...

In the last few days the stock prices for Dollar Genral and Advance Auto have tanked on low earnings reports

Is this a harbinger of a second Biden recession?

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, devnull said:

In the last few days the stock prices for Dollar Genral and Advance Auto have tanked on low earnings reports

Is this a harbinger of a second Biden recession?

They were the only retailer expanding rapidly. Maybe they dial it back now? 

Investment firms like BlackRock and Vanguard are 'forcing' companies like Bud Light and Target into woke marketing campaigns, claims ex-Anheuser-Busch exec
* Anson Frericks accused institutional investors of pushing ideology on firms
* Pointed the finger at BlackRock, State Street and Vanguard 

A former Anheuser-Busch executive has claimed that institutional investors are pushing left-wing ideology on the companies they invest in, spurring recent controversies like the ones that engulfed Bud Light and Target.

Anson Frericks, a co-founder of Strive Asset Management who previously spent a decade at Anheuser-Busch, made the claim in an interview on Tuesday on Fox News. 

'You just have to follow the money. Take a look at BlackRock, State Street, Vanguard -- they manage $20 billion worth of capital,' he said. 

Frericks said a lot of the money managed by institutional investors comes from big pension funds like those of the state of California, which put ideological pressure on the money managers. 

'They -- State Street, BlackRock, Vanguard -- they have to commit to ESG, diversity, equity and inclusion and adopt firm-wide commitments that they therefore then force on to all of major company in corporate America,' said Frericks.

</snip>

• Facepalm 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...