Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hello everyone,

Westside

19 hours ago, AZ. said:

The nastiness may not have been new, but it had really ramped up as of late.

I think people will for years discuss how things got the way they are, and the truth of the matter is, it's just this simple: the right has been the left's bitch for years. The left was brilliant in its offense. If one little right-leaning head popped up to argue, the full power of the left would whack-a-mole that head to oblivion. Ultimately, the Tea Party started to put a somewhat decent fight, but it was it was never a fair fight because the Tea Party was too tame. 

By the time the GOP co-opted the Tea Party, those folks (like me) just gave up.

The reason you're seeing the left SO amped up is because Trump is the first one to fight the same way they do; with reckless abandon until bodies are bloody everywhere. The left has essentially become the Scott Farkus of politics. They're simply not sure what to do now that someone is fighting back. The flyover righties are empowered by Trump's bravado and it's a problem DC thought it had handled.

I'll say it for the umpteenth time: I despite Trump, the person, but I desperately love the sheer panic melt down he causes to the left.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

6 minutes ago, Meazza said:

We can agree to disagree on this point but it doesn’t really matter because everyone’s mind is already poisoned

I agree we've gone to a bad place.  And of course Fox has helped to radicalize the far right, but the people I was describing above aren't the hard core Fox viewers.  Those average people don't really care about the backstabbing in Washington because it doesn't impact their life, job, family, etc.  But when they can see the culture war coming for them, in their town, their schools, it's a different story.

Notice how the news media stopped covering the protests/riots, virtually overnight and instead went back to 24x7 COVID?  Is that because the protests stopped?  Or is it because the left came to the sudden realization that the average voter was horrified by what they saw on evening news and it was helping Trump?   

The ugly cycle continues.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just heard on tv that rents in SF have dropped anywhere from 24% to 31% in the last year or so. This is simply because of supply and demand. People are moving out of the Rice-a-Roni city in droves. 

I was a trailblazer dropping sports as well as the Bay Area. 

Also the sales tax revenues have dropped dramatically. And not because people are shopping online due to Corona. They say online sales from SF zip codes are down too. 

14 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Talked to a liberal friend on this issue. He acknowledged that ACB was a brilliant woman, would be confirmed and that the Dems would play the game the same way. 

He then said...”Now Kavanaugh..he’s a different story”.

I interrupted, and more or less stated what you said above.  I can handle arguments that a candidate is a true believer, that she’ll blow up the ACA, whatever.  I said to my friend that when the angle is “SERIAL RAPIST!” there’s no more middle ground.  When the chief assassin of the brigade is rewarded with the VP slot, I’m really no longer interested in even trying to find one. 

He said with a laugh “You’re crazy”. 

I’ve been trying to think what made my position so crazy. Besides being a frickin moron per @DC Tom, I’m introspective at times.  I can’t find it. @transplantbillsfan (hello, friend) indicates that the Harris-Biden ticket is the centrist play. See, I think that’s crazy, at least insofar as the Kavanaugh debacle played out. 

I stand ready to listen. What’s crazy about finding unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, last minute desperation allegations that a husband and father of two girls is actually a violent sexual predator unacceptable and destructive?

Dont forget the fact that the VP candidate didn’t come to the defense of her running mate when Tara Reid made her allegations, and then let it all slide. 

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

4 hours ago, Meazza said:

And who started this shit? Was it not Fox in the 90's? Pretty sure the outrage machine was pretty strong about a blowjob? It's over, things will never be the same.

While I agree that the genie is out of the lamp, salacious and VERIFIED is a helluva lot different than salacious and UNverified. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Meazza said:

We can agree to disagree on this point but it doesn’t really matter because everyone’s mind is already poisoned. 

The powers that be and the MSM have done a helluva job dividing us. But I don't think it's too late to change the course of division. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 hours ago, Just Joshin said:

Hi folks, thanks for the invite.  Looking forward to the discussion.

Welcome!

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Westside said:

The powers that be and the MSM have done a helluva job dividing us. But I don't think it's too late to change the course of division. 

I think it’s interesting that a lot of people blame the msm when in reality, the 24 hour news cycle and the average American consumes the news like a meth addict on the first of the month.

What will change in reality is more and more people will shut off the tv and get their information from podcasts and different forms until the cnn, fox and msnbc of the world become irrelevant.  It’s a shame that a worthless tool like Sean hannity makes 40m a year ? That’s because there’s plenty of consumers who are addicted to whatever the &#%$ he’s selling.

• Like 1
  • Doh! 1
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
4 hours ago, snafu said:

While I agree that the genie is out of the lamp, salacious and VERIFIED is a helluva lot different than salacious and UNverified. 

I’m not doubting that it’s gotten infinitely worse though with a guy like Trump in the White House, it’s pretty easy to believe most of the shit that was reported. We’re not talking about someone squeaky clean like mittens whose biggest vice was being a mormon.

13 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I think it’s interesting that a lot of people blame the msm when in reality, the 24 hour news cycle and the average American consumes the news like a meth addict on the first of the month.

What will change in reality is more and more people will shut off the tv and get their information from podcasts and different forms until the cnn, fox and msnbc of the world become irrelevant.  It’s a shame that a worthless tool like Sean hannity makes 40m a year ? That’s because there’s plenty of consumers who are addicted to whatever the &#%$ he’s selling.

I agree with you about the decline of the MSM. I find myself very rarely watching live news or political commentary. I get most of my news and information from youtube and several other websites. 

Does Hannity make 40 million dollars a year? That's crazy. I never watch him, I find him to be a bore. 

I'm curious to know who you like to watch. Please don't say Lemon or Maddow, they are the equivalent of Hannity on the left.

17 minutes ago, Meazza said:

I’m not doubting that it’s gotten infinitely worse though with a guy like Trump in the White House, it’s pretty easy to believe most of the shit that was reported. We’re not talking about someone squeaky clean like mittens whose biggest vice was being a mormon.

Trump has been the most investigated president I have seen in my lifetime. If there were anything illegal going on I'm sure they would have found it.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Westside said:

I agree with you about the decline of the MSM. I find myself very rarely watching live news or political commentary. I get most of my news and information from youtube and several other websites. 

Does Hannity make 40 million dollars a year? That's crazy. I never watch him, I find him to be a bore. 

I'm curious to know who you like to watch. Please don't say Lemon or Maddow, they are the equivalent of Hannity on the left.

I watch special report and tucker.  I watch cnn only to get a laugh and I don’t have msnbc.  I also listen to tons of podcasts such as Sam Harris, joe Rogan and ben Shapiro.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Meazza said:

I watch special report and tucker.  I watch cnn only to get a laugh and I don’t have msnbc.  I also listen to tons of podcasts such as Sam Harris, joe Rogan and ben Shapiro.

I pretty much listen to the same podcasts. Though I can only take so much of Shapiro, he's extremely intelligent and informative but he talks so fast. 

Have you watched Dan Bongino? I like his show. Former secret service guy for Obama. I also like Geraldo Rivera. Though I don't always agree with him, he comes across as being real to me. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Meazza said:

And yet the really big picture is never reported about Trump:  he’s been investigated up, down and sideways from inside and outside the government and other than being a seemy jerk (which we all knew already), nothing sticks.  It is the thing that goes unsaid. 

• Like 6
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Meazza said:

Try John Batchelor. 

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, snafu said:

And yet the really big picture is never reported about Trump:  he’s been investigated up, down and sideways from inside and outside the government and other than being a seemy jerk (which we all knew already), nothing sticks.  It is the thing that goes unsaid. 

I never said that Trump was hiding a crime, I said that it’s easy for us to believe all the ridiculous comments coming out of anonymous sources because he’s so thin skinned and narcissistic, it’s probably true.

• Doh! 1
  • Cheers 1