Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hello everyone,

Westside

5 hours ago, Koko said:

It was shut down in late 2011.

Pry for the best on that site.  I don't remember it but may have made a point of avoiding it.

1 hour ago, AZ. said:

I just realized that I never posted a greeting over here. :classic_blush:

I'm delighted that you folks took the initiative and created this place, and I'm encouraged to see so many people migrating here from that other place.

Cheers, everyone!🍺

You that guy from Austin?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Fake News and a Hoax. I'll never let you handle my money now. 

Good for you because I don’t beat the S&P. Or something like that. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Not gonna lie — I like Tibs and hope he shows up. He’s an idiot but he’s a good person....a good, idiot person. 

22 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. Every village needs its idiot. And if he's around, no one else needs worry about becoming it.  

Tibs has latent reasonable tendencies that manifest for brief periods. Then, just when you start to think you are having a genuinely rational discussion with him, he blows it all up by saying something...well, Tibsy...and you realize you got lulled into a 20 minute conversation that ended up with you asking yourself the same question all conversations with Tibs end with:  "WTF?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Cheers 1

transplantbillsfan
4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I know why many of us came here, do you mind if ask what prompted you to visit? No-Ill will at all, just curious!

Because a marathon is 26.2 miles, not 26.  I've run 26 miles already with most of the posters here and would like to see the last 0.2 miles with the same people.

3 years ago I joined PPP solely because I was so disgusted with the state of our Politics and our President in general that I needed a place to vent.  At the time I joined I didn't realize how overwhelmingly right-leaning it was over there, but I generally stayed over that period of time, nonetheless.  I engaged respectfully when I was engaged respectfully (I think @Ann if she is who I believe she is, @leh-nerd skin-erd, @Billsfan1959 among others would concede that) and freely admit I resorted to blows when they were dished at me.

Most of the people on this message board are the people I've interacted with over at PPP over the last few years, so I know where most stand.  To use a Sports analogy, we're at the 2 minute warning of the Super Bowl and for the entire game before that I was sitting around the same chatty group of fans of the opposing team and we were bantering and taunting each other bragging about who would win in the way sports fans of opposing teams would naturally do.  At the 2 minute warning, I went to the bathroom and I come back to find they moved a section over and I don't know anyone sitting in the area I was sitting. 

Well, of course I'm gonna go finish the game with them.  There's been an established sort of comradery through the game... even if it's as Frienemies.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Because a marathon is 26.2 miles, not 26.  I've run 26 miles already with most of the posters here and would like to see the last 0.2 miles with the same people.

3 years ago I joined PPP solely because I was so disgusted with the state of our Politics and our President in general that I needed a place to vent.  At the time I joined I didn't realize how overwhelmingly right-leaning it was over there, but I generally stayed over that period of time, nonetheless.  I engaged respectfully when I was engaged respectfully (I think @Ann if she is who I believe she is, @leh-nerd skin-erd, @Billsfan1959 among others would concede that) and freely admit I resorted to blows when they were dished at me.

Most of the people on this message board are the people I've interacted with over at PPP over the last few years, so I know where most stand.  To use a Sports analogy, we're at the 2 minute warning of the Super Bowl and for the entire game before that I was sitting around the same chatty group of fans of the opposing team and we were bantering and taunting each other bragging about who would win in the way sports fans of opposing teams would naturally do.  At the 2 minute warning, I went to the bathroom and I come back to find they moved a section over and I don't know anyone sitting in the area I was sitting. 

Well, of course I'm gonna go finish the game with them.  There's been an established sort of comradery through the game... even if it's as Frienemies.

Honestly, @transplantbillsfan you are more than welcome. Your Bills takes, your political takes, etc. We just want to keep down the needling. I am sure you can understand that.

BTW, I resent being listed as right-leaning. 🙂 I still have a few positions leftover from my bleeding heart liberal days. :willynilly:  We all grow, change, and adapt as we age. It will happen to your someday, too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Good to see you here! I absolutely will concede that you engaged respectfully when you were engaged with respectfully. I look forward to more discussions with you :beer:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sounds good to me! Glad to be here/ to have you here!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Billsfan1959 said:

Tibs has latent reasonable tendencies that manifest for brief periods. Then, just when you start to think you are having a genuinely rational discussion with him, he blows it all up by saying something...well, Tibsy...and you realize you got lulled into a 20 minute conversation that ended up with you asking yourself the same question all conversations with Tibs end with:  "WTF?"

I don't know how much we are suppose to directly discuss other posters but Tiberius is capable of fairly salient observations.  Even ones I don't agree with necessarily.  But then he goes right in the ditch.  I don't know how much anybody gets paid for posting such as passing along thought from political organizations but my hope that is pretty much blocked out here.  

• Doh! 1

transplantbillsfan
1 minute ago, Ann said:

Honestly, @transplantbillsfan you are more than welcome. Your Bills takes, your political takes, etc. We just want to keep down the needling. I am sure you can understand that.

BTW, I resent being listed as right-leaning. 🙂 I still have a few positions left from my bleeding heart liberal days leftover. :willynilly:  We all grow, change, and adapt as we age. It will happen to your someday, too.

I won't be "needling" anyone, but I was called "profoundly stupid" enough times by a certain poster who has an ongoing avatar bet with me that I want to finish watching the game with him, since so much of his premise on my stupidity is our differing opinions on the outcome of the game.

I have nothing personally against that poster and even think he's likable enough when he wants to be, but some good ole ribbing is more than fair in this case.  And I would expect nothing less from him if he wins.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

You that guy from Austin?

Indeed I am! I just shortened my name to one syllable...I had to use at least three characters, so I added a period.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2