Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

On 4/3/2023 at 9:00 PM, Rochesterny said:

You raise some very good points. But, my point is don’t think 1st round pick should be used for tight end when there are more pressing key area to address. Just my opinion. 

When would you have picked Jason Peters?

On 4/3/2023 at 9:00 PM, Rochesterny said:

You raise some very good points. But, my point is don’t think 1st round pick should be used for tight end when there are more pressing key area to address. Just my opinion. 

in your humble opinion, what are these other critical areas that need improvement over what Washington at TE would provide this year and the future?

1. a dominant pass rusher- not going to find one at #27 or after that in this draft to be dominant this year. and if you struck lightning in a bottle, at best, that edge is going to  play 30-40% of snaps in a rotation, then less when Von returns.

2. OL- improving the OL is always a good plan. However, unless Wright falls to #27, the tackles will help the depth but will unlikely unseat Brown at RT. #27 would be early to take an interior C/G, who would also likely add depth for 2023.

3. a  RB- star RB typically could be inserted immediately to run the ball. Unfortunately, using any rookie RB as your feature back will make the offense more predictable, not less. It will take significant time for the rookie back to master pass protection, blitz pick-ups, etc so he doesn't get Josh maimed.  so if he plays a lot early, it means they are telegraphing the run AND taking the ball out of Josh's hand and eliminating the passing threat. 

Washington would make the offense more unpredictable by adding much needed run blocking and pass protection. More importantly, his presence would allow the Bills to feature Knox as a pass catcher down the field, putting much more pressure on the defense and freeing up Davis and Diggs for more uncontested targets. Eventually, he will become a weapon in the short game in his own right.

The Bills passed on Gronk to fill a more immediate and pressing need and regretted it for 10 years.  Hopefully, they don' t outsmart themselves and pass again on a player with elite traits and the possibility of similar dominance. 

• Like 3

SquirminThurman
14 hours ago, Nanker said:

When would you have picked Jason Peters?

So I remember being online for that draft on the old Bills board. There was a small Jason Peters fan club. Wyo and I were on it.

To be fair, no one drafted Peters at all. He went UDFA. Mouse McNally saw his potential and trained him up to be a terrific OT. Every team missed on Peters many many times.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jabba The Hutt
13 hours ago, Spartacus said:

they need to throw him the ball more

Knox and Kincaid should be getting the majority of balls.

• 2 weeks later...