Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

The official tweet:

I can't help but feel like they're sitting on a deal for Poyer to announce before the opener.

There is no logical reason to determine that beyond the fact that I think timing can be everything going into a huge game like the one tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I can't help but feel like they're sitting on a deal for Poyer to announce before the opener.

There is no logical reason to determine that beyond the fact that I think timing can be everything going into a huge game like the one tomorrow.

I will be pretty surprised if that's the case, TBH.  I think there's likely only money for one more big deal and it's most likely going to be Oliver.

Keep in mind where GD13 is at this moment and what he may command after next season.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That would be great.  But I've been thinking the opposite; that Poyer is looking for more locked up years and $ than the Bills are willing to commit based on their priorities (Davis, Oliver, maybe Onalim) and Poyer's age.  If they let him play out the year without signing, there's no chance he doesn't take top $ on the open market.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 2

I don’t love it. I think it’s baking in the assumption that he’ll take a step from very good to great, and I don’t know if I trust that to happen. 

With some of the budgetary situations facing us, I’m not sure TE is essential. That being said, if Josh wants him, I can understand it from that angle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t love it. I think it’s baking in the assumption that he’ll take a step from very good to great, and I don’t know if I trust that to happen. 

With some of the budgetary situations facing us, I’m not sure TE is essential. That being said, if Josh wants him, I can understand it from that angle.

That's certainly a possibility but there's a couple things here:

1.  He's not the highest paid TE in the NFL and history tells us that signing guys before their deals expire generally means they're going to be underpaid at some point in the new contract.

2.  The cap is supposed to go up exponentially.

3.  The BILLS have never won a SB and never had a high quality TE.  Is that a coincidence?

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Has Jordan Poyer's wife Rachel's Bush made a statement yet?

Rachel-Bush.jpg

No wonders he wants a new contract.  Those could not have been cheap & upkeep must be a bitch.

Especially w/ the recent inflation explosion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No wonders he wants a new contract.  Those could not have been cheap & upkeep must be a bitch.

Especially w/ the recent inflation explosion.

But why would you hyperextend your elbow as a negotiation tactic when you've got those at home to play with?

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But why would you hyperextend your elbow as a negotiation tactic when you've got those at home to play with?

Do you really need both elbows to go motorboating?  Can get most Evinrude pull starters going with just 1 good tug.