Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

[As we move through the off-season, We thought it might be good to have threads dedicated to position groupings so as to better keep track of what is going on with each. As always, you are free to start your own thread on any subject. We just ask that if you do, cross post it to the respective [positional grouping] thread for ease of reference by others.]

Deranged Rhino

I know the Bills have put money into the secondary a lot in recent off seasons, but work remains imo. Finding an upgrade for CB2 is right near the top of needs. Sure, Dane might be able to develop into one, but he needs competition besides Wallace who I expect them to retain. They won’t be able to pay for a proven one in FA, which means they’re limited to finding a gem with one of their 3 top 100 picks, a mid level probe-it FA, or a reclamation project like Norman. 

I trust this front office’s evaluation of that position more than most other position groups, so I think they’ll find some competition. 

• Like 1

PFF predicts Bills sign CB Richard Sherman

...At 32, PFF does acknowledge he’s no youthful guy anymore. However, in terms of PFF’s grading system, the football analytics mentions that they did recently peg Sherman a player that’s still very much producing:

In 2019, once fully recovered from an Achilles injury, Sherman had one of the best seasons of his entire career, allowing just 227 receiving yards all season long. He surrendered a passer rating of just 46.8 before things came unglued a little in the Super Bowl loss to Kansas City. In 2020, Sherman produced a 67.2 coverage grade on just 332 snaps, the lowest grade of his career.

Sherman’s intelligence and tape study gives him a mental edge over most offenses he faces, and that more than makes up for less than stellar straight-line speed. In the kind of defense he plays in San Francisco, he can remain a valuable player even at his age and could be an attractive short-term option for a number of teams in need of a quick fix. ...

• Cheers 2

Now, I don't know about a guy who is already talking about retiring, but here is what Sherman is saying about his next team:

Richard Sherman plans to play two more years before retiring

Richard Sherman is set to hit the free-agent market next month to sign what will likely be his last NFL contract.

The 33-year-old veteran corner told Stephen A. Smith of ESPN that he plans to play two more seasons.

"I only want to play two more [seasons]," Sherman said. "I want to get on a competitive team. I think I still have a lot to give to the game. I think I still have a lot that I want to accomplish and I think I can go out there and help a defense come together like it should and reach their potential, reach the heights that the defenses that I've played on have reached."

</snip>

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Now, I don't know about a guy who is already talking about retiring, but here is what Sherman is saying about his next team:

Richard Sherman plans to play two more years before retiring

Richard Sherman is set to hit the free-agent market next month to sign what will likely be his last NFL contract.

The 33-year-old veteran corner told Stephen A. Smith of ESPN that he plans to play two more seasons.

"I only want to play two more [seasons]," Sherman said. "I want to get on a competitive team. I think I still have a lot to give to the game. I think I still have a lot that I want to accomplish and I think I can go out there and help a defense come together like it should and reach their potential, reach the heights that the defenses that I've played on have reached."

</snip>

Sherman is still a decent DB, but I'm not sure I can forgive the dirty play against Haushmoney.

30 minutes ago, Koko said:

Sherman is still a decent DB, but I'm not sure I can forgive the dirty play against Haushmoney.

2016 (?) - Sherman hit was on Dan Carpenter.
I'm not a Sherman fan either.

I like that this thread hasn’t even had to mention safety.  Not only do we have a top tandem in Poyer/Hyde but Marlowe and Jaquan Johnson are there too.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I like that this thread hasn’t even had to mention safety.  Not only do we have a top tandem in Poyer/Hyde but Marlowe and Jaquan Johnson are there too.  

Is this a serious post?

I guess there's always a first

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, GG1 said:

Is this a serious post?

I guess there's always a first

I have to get my sea legs.  I wasn’t sure which name to use.  I’m more confused than ever.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I have to get my sea legs.  I wasn’t sure which name to use.  I’m more confused than ever.

I'll draw it up in crayon to help you out. 

But back on topic, a question will pop up about Hyde's future.   He's only signed through 21.  

• Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
5 hours ago, GG1 said:

I'll draw it up in crayon to help you out. 

But back on topic, a question will pop up about Hyde's future.   He's only signed through 21.  

I think they’ll find a way to extend him/pay him without much trouble. My impression is he wants to stay around, they seem to want to keep him... Of course if they pick a Big Nickle/LB hybrid type in round one (which I doubt), then that might be a bad sign for his long term future.  

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 2/9/2021 at 12:53 PM, Koko said:

Oh, you're right. Wrong kicker.

They all look the same, with the exception of Tyler Bass and his stupid eye black.

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2021 at 11:37 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

I know the Bills have put money into the secondary a lot in recent off seasons, but work remains imo. Finding an upgrade for CB2 is right near the top of needs. Sure, Dane might be able to develop into one, but he needs competition besides Wallace who I expect them to retain. They won’t be able to pay for a proven one in FA, which means they’re limited to finding a gem with one of their 3 top 100 picks, a mid level probe-it FA, or a reclamation project like Norman. 

I trust this front office’s evaluation of that position more than most other position groups, so I think they’ll find some competition. 

I agree. CB will be a first or second round pick in the draft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...