Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Why Move to Your State?

Ann

Spartacus
On 3/10/2021 at 5:32 PM, Ann said:

Hubby and I will be taking a road trip this summer. We need to move out of state. At first it was based on the New York State political climate, but now it is monetary... we need to find a state with no income tax. We are also looking into the US Virgin Islands.

Why do you live in your state? No income taxes? Lower real estate taxes? To be near friends and family? Did you choose your state for economic reasons? And if so, what were they?

government run by an evil satan

but no income tax

no snow

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

At the Sabres game yesterday, I talked to two different people who volunteered they're leaving New York, because taxes basically prohibit them from ever owning a home.  

And while that's not a good random sample...keep in mind that I don't like people and never talk to anybody.  So a sample size of two people that I actually talked to is interesting.

My wife and I often talk about moving back up to WNY - climate, access to everything, we're more "small town" than "big city" people (and Lewiston is very nice).  But the talk never lasts more than five minutes before we get to "Yeah...but taxes."  And, of course, the bench warrant for not having insurance on a car I didn't own in a state I didn't live, for which I had a license suspended I no longer had...

Hop over the border.