Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Gardening / Homesteading

The Guy In Pants

The Guy In Pants
On 4/21/2024 at 9:28 PM, Fansince88 said:

Looks like a nice size. I could put out some nice furniture in there. 

Thanks. Electrical going in the next couple weeks. All of my woodworking stuff has been packed away for over 2 years. My CNC hasn't been powered up in about 3. I used masking tape on the floor to mark where my tables, dust collector and such will go. Been pretty exciting and then the anxiety sets in of all the other projects, work, my wife's health,  money, life in general. Seems that I am finding it easier to get anxiety than I do excited anymore. I guess that comes with age maybe, or maybe not. 

I did find this awesome app called "Bluegrass Jamboree:. It's 24/7 Bluegrass music. They have different DJ's with their own shows. The Sunday Gospel hour is awesome. Thankfully I have unlimited data lol seems I always have it streaming. 

• Like 5

Fansince88
On 4/30/2024 at 5:43 AM, The Guy In Pants said:

my wife's health, 

I have not heard of a health issue your wife has been dealing with. I hope she is finding better health as the days go by.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

CarpetCrawler
On 4/30/2024 at 5:43 AM, The Guy In Pants said:

I did find this awesome app called "Bluegrass Jamboree:. It's 24/7 Bluegrass music. They have different DJ's with their own shows. The Sunday Gospel hour is awesome. Thankfully I have unlimited data lol seems I always have it streaming. 

I hope your wife is okay.

And a big thanks for that app.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The Guy In Pants
On 5/5/2024 at 12:02 AM, CarpetCrawler said:

I hope your wife is okay.

And a big thanks for that app.

On 5/2/2024 at 4:44 PM, Fansince88 said:

I have not heard of a health issue your wife has been dealing with. I hope she is finding better health as the days go by.

Thanks guys. It definitely could be worse. It's not cancer so we are relieved about that. It started with a lot of pain and bleeding toward the end of last year. All her lymph nodes were swollen like large gumballs. Many of them are still swollen. Couldn't keep anything down and just a lot of bleeding. After a shit ton of tests and exploratory they deemed her suffering from a huge amount of inflammation, bacterial infections, Crohns and IBS . They started her on Skyrizi infusions a couple months ago but it isn't helping. She's been on 4 rounds of different antibiotics because she keeps getting upper respiratory infections. Many nodes are still swollen and her inflammation numbers were better last week but not good enough. She goes back today. The weird swelling under her tongue is nuts. One time it swelled so much it looks like she had a damn baseball in her neck. It was only swollen for like half the day; by evening it was gone. It still comes and goes. 

Could be much worse. But she has been a little sick. Just glad it wasn't the C word. I have a CT scan coming up for my swelling and pain in "an area" to rule things out. I am fairly certain it is coming from my lower back pain. But, I have seen my doctor, an ortho and then my urologist and none of them can figure it out. Two of them were like "here, we can give you pain meds".  I don't want meds. I want it fixed lol. I have a lot of things to get done.

Today I am going to see a chiropractor. I really think something is out with my spine where it meets the pelvis. Some days I can't stand straight up and both of my shoulders are out. Like not out of place but I can't lift them above my head without a sharp radiating pain. I also have some balance issues from time to time. So; I think some alignment changes can help my spine/nerves ect. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Thanks guys. It definitely could be worse. It's not cancer so we are relieved about that. It started with a lot of pain and bleeding toward the end of last year. All her lymph nodes were swollen like large gumballs. Many of them are still swollen. Couldn't keep anything down and just a lot of bleeding. After a shit ton of tests and exploratory they deemed her suffering from a huge amount of inflammation, bacterial infections, Crohns and IBS . They started her on Skyrizi infusions a couple months ago but it isn't helping. She's been on 4 rounds of different antibiotics because she keeps getting upper respiratory infections. Many nodes are still swollen and her inflammation numbers were better last week but not good enough. She goes back today. The weird swelling under her tongue is nuts. One time it swelled so much it looks like she had a damn baseball in her neck. It was only swollen for like half the day; by evening it was gone. It still comes and goes. 

Could be much worse. But she has been a little sick. Just glad it wasn't the C word. I have a CT scan coming up for my swelling and pain in "an area" to rule things out. I am fairly certain it is coming from my lower back pain. But, I have seen my doctor, an ortho and then my urologist and none of them can figure it out. Two of them were like "here, we can give you pain meds".  I don't want meds. I want it fixed lol. I have a lot of things to get done.

Today I am going to see a chiropractor. I really think something is out with my spine where it meets the pelvis. Some days I can't stand straight up and both of my shoulders are out. Like not out of place but I can't lift them above my head without a sharp radiating pain. I also have some balance issues from time to time. So; I think some alignment changes can help my spine/nerves ect. 

How awful.

I hope you are both diagnosed,  and on you way to recovery, very soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

mead107
14 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Hope you both get well soon. 

include green, leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, and sweet potatoes. Probiotics and foods containing zinc and protein are also important for a healthy immune system.

Will help reduce lymph nodes. 

I look into all foods that help fight swelling and pain. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Fansince88
6 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

If the standard dr route doesn't turn something up soon I would look into a natural healing dr. Did they test her for food allergies? Sounds like a strong possibility. Perhaps gluten allergy?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Guy In Pants
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Ann said:

How awful.

I hope you are both diagnosed,  and on you way to recovery, very soon.

Thanks Ann! Chiropractor said yesterday that when i lay flat on my stomach, my spine curls to the left and my pelvis is misaligned and my right leg is over an inch off from the left. I've been having headaches for months. The swelling was the stuff that made me the most nervous. I fear the C word more than much anything else. The good news is, if this works with the chiropractor, I'll be satisfied knowing all my issues were because I was a crooked little bitch lol

23 hours ago, mead107 said:

Hope you both get well soon. 

include green, leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, and sweet potatoes. Probiotics and foods containing zinc and protein are also important for a healthy immune system.

Will help reduce lymph nodes. 

I look into all foods that help fight swelling and pain. 

Thanks Mead! I do all the cooking so I am trying to make the right stuff.

17 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

If the standard dr route doesn't turn something up soon I would look into a natural healing dr. Did they test her for food allergies? Sounds like a strong possibility. Perhaps gluten allergy?

Thanks 88! Yes, they have done a bunch of testing. 

Since her parents died the way they did; she's been fighting stress, anxiety and depression and I know all of those things aren't helping the situation. She's an only child so I think that contributes to it a bit. She's asked for a hormone test but they deny it saying its too complicated and wouldn't be anything contributing to her symptoms. In the beginning one of the things they put her on was prednisone and she said she felt great. But it was short lived, about two weeks before she slipped back into the mess. I was not comfortable with the first doctor who went straight to omeprazole and said it was acid. I had acid reflux until I stopped drinking soda. They it went away like it was never there. She's also stopped drinking soda. The second gastro doc said it was IBS, upped the omeprazole and added a couple other things. Then he did another endo/colo and said skyrizi. She got a third doc and she also said skyrizi. Supposedly if the next couple infusions do not work, they are going to try something else. The nurse who did the infusions for a few months before the kit for her to do it at home was sent said she needed to look into CBD oil. She swears by it. I would also want to try natural stuff but my wife is hesitant. I bought her a bunch of stuff like slippery elm, folic acid, pro and pre biotics etc. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like 2

Jabba The Hutt
45 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Thanks Ann! Chiropractor said yesterday that when i lay flat on my stomach, my spine curls to the left and my pelvis is misaligned and my right leg is over an inch off from the left. I've been having headaches for months. The swelling was the stuff that made me the most nervous. I fear the C word more than much anything else. The good news is, if this works with the chiropractor, I'll be satisfied knowing all my issues were because I was a crooked little bitch lol

Thanks Mead! I do all the cooking so I am trying to make the right stuff.

Thanks 88! Yes, they have done a bunch of testing. 

Since her parents died the way they did; she's been fighting stress, anxiety and depression and I know all of those things aren't helping the situation. She's an only child so I think that contributes to it a bit. She's asked for a hormone test but they deny it saying its too complicated and wouldn't be anything contributing to her symptoms. In the beginning one of the things they put her on was prednisone and she said she felt great. But it was short lived, about two weeks before she slipped back into the mess. I was not comfortable with the first doctor who went straight to omeprazole and said it was acid. I had acid reflux until I stopped drinking soda. They it went away like it was never there. She's also stopped drinking soda. The second gastro doc said it was IBS, upped the omeprazole and added a couple other things. Then he did another endo/colo and said skyrizi. She got a third doc and she also said skyrizi. Supposedly if the next couple infusions do not work, they are going to try something else. The nurse who did the infusions for a few months before the kit for her to do it at home was sent said she needed to look into CBD oil. She swears by it. I would also want to try natural stuff but my wife is hesitant. I bought her a bunch of stuff like slippery elm, folic acid, pro and pre biotics etc. 

Slippery elm is a good one for stomach. Marshmallow (the herb not the fake confection) is a great soother of stomach irritation as well.

• Love 1

The Guy In Pants
11 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Slippery elm is a good one for stomach. Marshmallow (the herb not the fake confection) is a great soother of stomach irritation as well.

Thanks Jab!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Fansince88
19 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Thanks Jab!

There is a book called Livingood Daily by Dr Livingood. Highly recomend it. You can also find him on Youtube. Healing through diet is his focus. Check it out. 

• Cheers 1