Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills Free Agent Signings

Hedge

2 hours ago, Just Joshin said:

We on this site need to up our game......we need to complain about every depth signing for league minimum and point out a good GM would have all pros as backups.

And have every player thread devolve into a pissing match between any two of the same five posters (who apparently exist only to engage in pissing matches).   :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It seemed an error because I knew we had a bunch but we only have 8 LB's on the roster. I'd have expected 10. 

If we don't draft one I'll be surprised. LB, DB, OL and WR are positions you draft every year regardless of position

3 hours ago, Koko said:

I'm not sure I can handle that yet. I still haven't gotten over the drafting of WrongJosh, and the trade last year for NotJefferson.

And if that’s not bad enough, there’s speculation that Beane will trade OUT of the first round! Oh, how I long for the days when good ‘OL Buddy was running our draft. 
Good times man. Good times. 
“ Yeah, we got a quarter back heere that we’re not too sure about...”

• Cheers 1

Ok, is this the time to start reading between the tea leaves of Bills’ signing 2 starting caliber LBs, hinting to the much anticipated move of #49 to outside?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4merper4mer
2 hours ago, GG1 said:

Ok, is this the time to start reading between the tea leaves of Bills’ signing 2 starting caliber LBs, hinting to the much anticipated move of #49 to outside?

I think the criticism of Edmunds has been mostly unfair.  I think he is perfectly capable at MLB and will only get better, but i think he could be a force on the outside rushing the passer as well.  Personally I prefer him in the middle and consider him a core player moving forward.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

It looks like Marquel Lee couldn't even latch onto a team last year. He isn't on the 2020 COVID opt out list: https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/nfl-opt-out-players-2020-deadline/drt49e7pz22f1fy8yk585edx5 

He did have a decent year (at least tackle wise) in 2018, but he may not have enough left at this point to even make the final roster. I have no idea if he was battling any injuries in 2019+, however.

image.png.f9f5c7102a83bd6d27c1352b3a29297a.png

Tyrell Adams though could very well be a gem and if he shows well this year, who knows. I do think this coming season will determine whether the Bills decide to fish or cut bait with Edmunds. If his reads and fills haven't gotten better in 4 years, they may not want to invest the money into him if they can find a suitable replacement, especially if the return of Star and further maturation of Oliver keep him much cleaner this upcoming year.

From a 01/06/21 blurb

Adams, in his third year in a Texans uniform, exploded in 2020 when he took over at inside linebacker following Benardrick McKinney's season-ending shoulder injury in Week 4. Adams recorded double-digit tackles in six of 12 starts and finished with 125 tackles, second only to Zach Cunningham.

So, Adams was an ever down player, played on the inside, and put up those huge tackle numbers, yet he was only a starter for 3/4s of the season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think the criticism of Edmunds has been mostly unfair.  I think he is perfectly capable at MLB and will only get better, but i think he could be a force on the outside rushing the passer as well.  Personally I prefer him in the middle and consider him a core player moving forward.

If I’m replying to a serious post, Edmunds hasn’t shown enough to be considered a core in the middle.  His instincts and reaction time is lacking for the position.  Maybe Star’s return will help and maybe moving playcalling duties to someone else will free him up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Beer__League__Hockey
13 hours ago, GG1 said:

Most of the time they're in nickel, so Milano is the Will and Edmunds is the Mike.  If you mean the Sam position, then maybe yes.  But that means Edmunds will soon become a situational player, which is a big step down for him.  But judging how his zone pass coverage is fairly shitty, I'd agree with what you're saying.  He's fine against the run as a Mike, and learning the Sam position would be a big adjustment, but maybe that is the best path forward for the team.

4merper4mer
10 hours ago, GG1 said:

If I’m replying to a serious post, Edmunds hasn’t shown enough to be considered a core in the middle.  His instincts and reaction time is lacking for the position.  Maybe Star’s return will help and maybe moving playcalling duties to someone else will free him up.

I disagree.  He calls the plays, played behind a Dline missing a key component and was playing injured for most of the year.  He is also 21 or thereabouts.  I think 2021 will answer any questions in a positive way.  Listen to the other guys on the team talk about him.  Tre listed him as one of the reasons he wanted to sign long term.

There's an error in the second tweet. It says, "Hart originally entered the NFL Draft..." 

His name is Jamil. 

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I don't recall a time our team has been this busy hiring so many people. I'm not even sure how many people they have on the active roster now, but I suspect if we put them all together they would warrant their own zip code.

19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't recall a time our team has been this busy hiring so many people. I'm not even sure how many people they have on the active roster now, but I suspect if we put them all together they would warrant their own zip code.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

After the drought years we certainly have depth now.

And we’ll be getting deeper yet. Our FO is awesome compared o previous versions. However, that said, the rest of the AFCE has gotten a lot better too.