Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

42 minutes ago, Shady said:

the results of tonight’s game will not change the standings. 

It may not change the standings but would secure a playoff position for the Chargers if they can win.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Foxx said:

It may not change the standings but would secure a playoff position for the Chargers if they can win.

Should the Bills win Monday night, would like the Chargers in the playoffs.  1 more tough game for Cincy or KC.

Should things go verkaka Monday, hope the Chargers are out.

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Should the Bills win Monday night, would like the Chargers in the playoffs.  1 more tough game for Cincy or KC.

Should things go verkaka Monday, hope the Chargers are out.

Unless I am mistaken, what the Chargers do next week against the Rams does not matter. The Chargers need to win tonight against the Colts or in week 18 against the Broncos to secure a playoff position (conference games).

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Pelissaro reporting Hackett has been fired.  WHY NOW?  WHY NOT WEEKS AGO?

Sounds like he may have been doing a little boxing promoting on the side. 

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That sideline fighting last night was probably the last straw.

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

That sideline fighting last night was probably the last straw.

It's not the first time it's happened this season.  They should have fired him going into that bye week because it was already obvious that it wasn't going to work.

I know it's really, really hard to find first time NFL head coaches which is why so many retreads get multiple chances but hiring Hackett to run the show was at best a head scratcher (connection to Aaron Rogers clearly isn't reason enough to give someone that much stroke in an organization).  The naysayers were 100% correct on this one, and it was a consensus before the opening kickoff (even though there were actually people who had them in the SB).

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's not the first time it's happened this season.  They should have fired him going into that bye week because it was already obvious that it wasn't going to work.

I know it's really, really hard to find first time NFL head coaches which is why so many retreads get multiple chances but hiring Hackett to run the show was at best a head scratcher (connection to Aaron Rogers clearly isn't reason enough to give someone that much stroke in an organization).  The naysayers were 100% correct on this one, and it was a consensus before the opening kickoff (even though there were actually people who had them in the SB).

It was a stupid hire to begin with. 

I wonder how much the new owners will rely on themselves, or advisors for the next hire? Could be like the Pegulas in that they don't get it right the first time. Maybe they should try Adam Gase? I hear he's available... 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Better Q: why hire him in the 1st place?

Wife's team growing up was the Donkeys & they're still her 2nd team.  So follow them a bit but have hated them ever since Bowlen cried that teams were spending too much money & convinced the league to institute an 80 man TC roster limit while then immediately making Smith the $1MM offer the Bills matched making him the 1st $1MM defender.

Have loved every minute of the Hackett Donkey saga.  Too bad it's over.  Is Gase busy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

It was a stupid hire to begin with. 

I wonder how much the new owners will rely on themselves, or advisors for the next hire? Could be like the Pegulas in that they don't get it right the first time. Maybe they should try Adam Gase? I hear he's available... 

Swear your post wasn't read before responding here. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Somebody tell Kliff Kingsbury the fat lady is on in five.

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
33 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm gonna miss him.  The Broncos sheer awfulness has been entertaining this season.

47 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

someone told them that they had a chance    😝 

• Haha 2