Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I can't tell if the Colts defense is that good or if the Chargers Oline is that bad. Like most any NFL QB, he threw some beautiful passes when he had time. But he threw some bad ones last night. And yeah, I know, JA17 throws some bad ones. But Herbert lately has been kind of messy.

Something I never knew until last night; he's actually bigger than Allen, which never passed the eyeball test, but he's reportedly 6'6" and 236?? 

The Colts are built to run the ball/play defense.  When Leonard is in the lineup, they're easy Top 5 in the NFL because Buckner is probably the 2nd best IDL in the NFL, just behind Donald.  They're pretty worn out from being on the field so much because that offense is just so bad.

Herbert/Allen are roughly the same size-wise but if you ever watch Herbert actually run you can see he doesn't have JA17's wheels.  He's definitely got a huge arm and he's very accurate throwing the deep ball.  He's getting pretty beat up as this season goes on and they'd be wise to run the football a lot more.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Colts are built to run the ball/play defense.  When Leonard is in the lineup, they're easy Top 5 in the NFL because Buckner is probably the 2nd best IDL in the NFL, just behind Donald.  They're pretty worn out from being on the field so much because that offense is just so bad.

Herbert/Allen are roughly the same size-wise but if you ever watch Herbert actually run you can see he doesn't have JA17's wheels.  He's definitely got a huge arm and he's very accurate throwing the deep ball.  He's getting pretty beat up as this season goes on and they'd be wise to run the football a lot more.

Herbert seemed like he needed a touch more pocket awareness last night. He's only in year 3, so he'll get there. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They're pretty worn out from being on the field so much because that offense is just so bad.

It felt last night like Saturday put Foles out there to show ownership they have no quarterback and they have no Oline.

I actually felt bad for Foles.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It felt last night like Saturday put Foles out there to show ownership they have no quarterback and they have no Oline.

I actually felt bad for Foles.

Their receivers aren't very good either.  I like Pittman as a number 2-type guy but they have nothing else, really.

I also felt bad for Foles. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Ann said:

Herbert seemed like he needed a touch more pocket awareness last night. He's only in year 3, so he'll get there. 

I'm actually sort of impressed that he's able to get off some of the balls he does because they have so many missed/whiffed blocks.  Last night they were pretty far down the charts with receivers, so that didn't help either.

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 hour ago, Ann said:

He'll be fine, he's already the 2nd best QB in the league.

• O Rly 2

Billsandhorns
47 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Should've retired a Bill:classic_love::crying3:

Hopefully TJ will!

Personally, I'm glad he decided not to become a Bill.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Their receivers aren't very good either.  I like Pittman as a number 2-type guy but they have nothing else, really.

I also felt bad for Foles. 

Quinton Nelson:classic_love:

3 hours ago, devnull said:

NFL.com Week 17 Power Rankings

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-17-2022-nfl-season

Bills unchanged at #3.  But disrespect via poor editing in the write up

The Bears won in the trenches at frigid Soldier Field to clinch another AFC East title

You know, I watched that whole game and for the life of me thought that the Bills won. The Bill's players actually walked off the field smiling. 

seems the Colts have found the QB best suited to tank the last 2 games to chase that QB for the 3rd time

1. Houston 2-12-1

2 Chicago  3-12

3. Denver (Seattle)  4-11

4.Arizona    4-11

5. Colts       4-10-1

https://www.outkick.com/indianapolis-colts-confusingly-elect-to-start-nick-foles-again-on-sunday/

Foles was terrible on Monday night against the Chargers. He completed less than 60% of his passes (17-29) for 143 yards. Foles threw no touchdown passes, led the team to just three points, tossed three interceptions and took seven sacks.

Despite that performance, Saturday announced Tuesday that he is sticking with Foles.

Not only that, but Saturday expects Foles to start both of the team’s remaining games.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, devnull said:

NFL.com Week 17 Power Rankings

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-17-2022-nfl-season

Bills unchanged at #3.  But disrespect via poor editing in the write up

The Bears won in the trenches at frigid Soldier Field to clinch another AFC East title

I'm not seeing that line.  I think they realized how stupid it was, and took it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm not seeing that line.  I think they realized how stupid it was, and took it out.

It’s been corrected. 

8 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Despite that performance, Saturday announced Tuesday that he is sticking with Foles.

I’d like to rewrite the above sentence. Saturday announced Tuesday he will follow the advice of a girl Friday, defy the opinions of Monday morning quarterbacks, by taking Foles on any given Sunday. 

• Applause 1