Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Florida Man

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

^ Still nothing quite like NJ in terms of pure speed.  You can literally be doing 80 and getting passed on both sides by streams of cars.  A little nerve wracking, but still better than CT where you rarely get over 35 mph for more than five minutes at a time.

• Like 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 8/28/2023 at 8:19 PM, KD in CA said:

^ Still nothing quite like NJ in terms of pure speed.  You can literally be doing 80 and getting passed on both sides by streams of cars.  A little nerve wracking, but still better than CT where you rarely get over 35 mph for more than five minutes at a time.

bhm.png

• Haha 3

CarpetCrawler
On 8/28/2023 at 8:19 PM, KD in CA said:

NJ Turnpike is more white knuckle than any other road I've ever driven on.

• Cheers 2

On 9/1/2023 at 9:28 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

NJ Turnpike is more white knuckle than any other road I've ever driven on.

Try the Taconic Parkway in any sort of precipitation.

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
8 minutes ago, snafu said:

Try the Taconic Parkway in any sort of precipitation.

That road is a friggin rollercoaster with cops hiding around every curve. Lots of limited sight line curves and hills, and in one county (maybe Dutchess??) it was never improved and the lanes are like 10 feet wide.

I avoid it like the plague.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

That road is a friggin rollercoaster with cops hiding around every curve. Lots of limited sight line curves and hills, and in one county (maybe Dutchess??) it was never improved and the lanes are like 10 feet wide.

I avoid it like the plague.

I used to love the Taconic - haven't driven it in years.  Really got the adrenaline going.

15 in Pennsylvania north of Williamsport used to be a nightmare, until they turned it into a real highway.  Two lanes, winding through the mountains at 65mph.  Always used to terrify me.  I'd seen a really ugly fatal accident on that road.  

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I used to love the Taconic - haven't driven it in years.  Really got the adrenaline going.

15 in Pennsylvania north of Williamsport used to be a nightmare, until they turned it into a real highway.  Two lanes, winding through the mountains at 65mph.  Always used to terrify me.  I'd seen a really ugly fatal accident on that road.  

If you're the only one on the Taconic and can drive like it's the grand prix of the Hudson Valley it's fun, I agree,  but there are just too many cops hidden to do that for very long.

Not even a boat... 🙃

Pic: Coast Guard arrests man in giant hamster wheel on ocean 

... When Coast Guard officials attempted to cut short his voyage, Baluchi threatened to take his own life with a 12-inch knife and claimed to have a bomb on board. After days of negotiations, Baluchi was safely taken into custody at the USCG Base in Miami Beach, Florida, on September 1. ...

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Foxx said:

Not even a boat... 🙃

... When Coast Guard officials attempted to cut short his voyage, Baluchi threatened to take his own life with a 12-inch knife and claimed to have a bomb on board. After days of negotiations, Baluchi was safely taken into custody at the USCG Base in Miami Beach, Florida, on September 1. ...

I say let him have at it. He either makes it, or wins a Darwin Award.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 hours ago, Foxx said:

Not even a boat... 🙃

If trying to cross the Atlantic in a giant inflatable hamster wheel is wrong, I don't want to be right.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If trying to cross the Atlantic in a giant inflatable hamster wheel is wrong, I don't want to be right.  :classic_laugh:

Should we start calling you Nick Wright then?

• 2 weeks later...
ExiledInIllinois
On 9/21/2023 at 1:17 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Aw, c'mon.  That's only a six-footer.  Couldn't get more than one boot out of it.

FloridaMan??

14 footer. Better! One good reason the locks close at 5pm and reopen at 7am in Florida... Who wants to be playing around on the waterways in the dark:

https://nypost.com/2023/09/22/10-foot-alligator-caught-carrying-lifeless-floridian-down-a-canal/

😏 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...