Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hunting & Fishing Thread

Ann

I hate killing animals. I like eating them...but it breaks my heart to kill something that is no threat to me. However, I’ve killed animals just cause of that. The Spartan-puppy thing ya know. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I hate killing animals. I like eating them...but it breaks my heart to kill something that is no threat to me. However, I’ve killed animals just cause of that. The Spartan-puppy thing ya know. 

Have you eaten beaver? 

• 1 year later...

We have deer in the yard behind us right now eating our bushes. It is during the day! Hubby said they must be starving, and he thinks one was hurt (there were at least four).  More doe tags, please.

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

• 4 weeks later...
Keukasmallie

Just found this thread, glad I did as I love to fish and talk about fishing.  We have a cottage on Keuka Lake (mid-state NY) and we're there from late April until mid-October.  I focus on fishing for smallmouth bass, strictly C & R as I think anything that provides so much enjoyment should live to fight another day.  I fish from my 19' 1998 Glastron Ski & Fish 135, and exclusively with artificial baits from top water to jigging the bottom.  Usually several hours in the AM and same at night, every day unless the shorebound chores catch up with me.  Borrowing a phrase from George Thoroughgood, I fish alone with nobody else but me.  Unless, of course, my kids are visiting.

Any other bass fisherpersons out there...?

image.png.4edb72951d928023c877d0feaef90a9c.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 4

Keukasmallie
2 hours ago, Sherpa said:

Better get him back in the water.

He's our kicker.

Fish was out of the water long enough for the pic then back home.  No damage done I hope.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Fansince88
So you have posted about spending a lot of time in the cold woods waiting for that once in a lifetime buck.
I shot my 1st deer at age 12. I went elk hunting for the 1st time at age 17. I spent a lot of years waiting for my trophy elk.

At age 58 I broke my leg in the wilderness on day 2 of the hunt and got airlifted out by the national guard the next day. After getting all my preference points reinstated at age 61 I went back in the wilderness to get that trophy bull.

6x6 DSCN0843_50.jpg

I miss hiking with gun but haven't been hunting since. Best wishes to you and hope some day that you get your trophy buck. But by all means stay safe out there!

SO now I sit here now waiting (since I was 10) for one more lifetime trophy. Hopefully this is the year to hoist the Lombardi.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1