Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Alumni News & Misc

GG1

And now he's off the ventilator:

</snip>

Williams, 36, had been on life support this week after suffering complications from a workplace accident. He was taken off a ventilator Thursday evening but is surviving and remains responsive, according to Tierney Lyle, the mother of Williams’ 8-year-old daughter.

“We need prayer warriors to continue praying and spread the word,” Lyle told WIVB News 4.

</snip>

Lyle described Williams as a caring person who is always willing to lend a hand.

“He goes hard in everything he does,” she said. “He doesn’t give up easily at all.”

She added that when a friend played one of Williams’ highlight videos in the hospital room, he smiled.

Two people close to Williams said his on-the-job accident was not initially thought to be life-threatening. He was hit in the head with a beam while doing electrical work on Aug. 21, a friend said, but his situation took a turn when his laceration became infected. Williams was hospitalized on Sept. 1 and eventually had to be induced him into a coma.

Williams was a two-sport standout at Buffalo’s Riverside High School before attending Syracuse University. He was selected in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft and played five seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and his hometown Buffalo Bills. He last appeared on an NFL roster with the Chiefs during training camp in 2016, and had been living in Florida prior to the accident. Williams has two children, Mya Williams, 8, and a 10-year-old son, Mike Jr.

</snip>

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Well this is weird...

(And posting it here because technically he's an alum, though he was only with the Bills for about eight minutes.)

• Wow 2

This is exactly the article I expected from Timmuh.  There are about 300 examples of people not being adults within it but I guess airing your grievances to the press is the way to get things done.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

When I first saw this...I thought they were releasing Daniel Jones.  😄

TJ is 35 now, so his run may very well be over.  Quite a career, in reality.  Made about $14M total.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

When I first saw this...I thought they were releasing Daniel Jones.  😄

TJ is 35 now, so his run may very well be over.  Quite a career, in reality.  Made about $14M total.

I'm honestly surprised.  You'd think he could contribute something to the Giants, given that no one else can seem to.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...