Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Alumni News & Misc

GG1

They didn’t try. They succeeded. I went from doing an interview every Wednesday during the season to none at all. The bills didn’t let the media talk to me again after I made the statement about the vaccine mandate. My marketing agent told me nobody would work with me anymore. lol. It was wild.

But also…

• Sad 1

Fansince88
17 minutes ago, Ann said:

They didn’t try. They succeeded. I went from doing an interview every Wednesday during the season to none at all. The bills didn’t let the media talk to me again after I made the statement about the vaccine mandate. My marketing agent told me nobody would work with me anymore. lol. It was wild.

But also…

Still upsets me how the team and fans treated him. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jim and Jill Kelly have devoted their lives to saving others from the pain of losing a child. Their work paid off

This was 2:28 Tuesday afternoon. Jill and her older daughter, Erin Kelly-Bean, had just finished recording the mid-February edition of their podcast, “Light Your Heart With Hope.” The episode coincided with the birthday of their husband and dad, legendary Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly, and their son and brother, Hunter, who like his father, was born on Valentine’s Day.

Hunter died nearly 20 years ago, at age 8, and was vividly on the minds of Jill, Erin and the Kellys’ younger daughter, Camryn, who was home from college that day and accompanied her mom and sister to the recording. The podcast episode marked what would have been his 27th birthday, if Krabbe disease had not taken him.

“It passed! 10 to 3”

<snip>

Because of this 10-to-3 vote by a panel of doctors on a federal advisory committee, Krabbe disease is now going to be added to a national list of recommended newborn screening tests. That means children today who have Krabbe disease will also have the chance to get something Hunter never could: lifesaving treatment.

It took nearly two decades of work, incalculable heartbreak and endless faith to reach this point. Now, it means that Hunter’s death may help save children in all 50 states.

</snip>

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, Ann said:

11.jpg.8af3204d9b4f2be986e1e9312d0058d7.jpg

So...uh...what are those silhouettes supposed to be doing?

"Read and run event!  Read!  Run!  Get mugged at gunpoint!" 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Alaska Darin
On 3/28/2024 at 8:25 AM, Ann said:

I have always felt that the drought was Karma for Ralph forcing Wade to play Rob Johnson and then firing him for being loyal to his coaches.

Wade was criminally underrated for how good he was at getting the best out of his players.  The 1999-2000 BILLS' defense was one of the 10 best NFL defenses of all time and it was closer to 1 than it was to 10.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
50 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Wade was criminally underrated for how good he was at getting the best out of his players.  The 1999-2000 BILLS' defense was one of the 10 best NFL defenses of all time and it was closer to 1 than it was to 10.

And that defense was anchored by...John Holocek.  

Getting the best out of players, indeed.

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And that defense was anchored by...John Holocek.  

Getting the best out of players, indeed.

I could have played behind Ted Washington. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1