Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

Welcome to the new current events news and opinions forum!

Feel free to express yourself with the news of the day, any topics ranging from politics to health (and anything in between) are welcome!  All we ask if that you are respectful of other people's opinions. Attack the argument, not the person. People are passionate in their point of view, however, so expect to take some heat for your stance and be prepared to defend your viewpoint.

:party2:

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

MothersMilk

Is this the place where people begin to talk politely about politics, then it evolves into name calling and outright flaming, then the mods decide they've had enough, and then shut down the sub-forum? If so, I have already been here... Foxx knows all too well lol.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

36 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Is this the place where people begin to talk politely about politics, then it evolves into name calling and outright flaming, then the mods decide they've had enough, and then shut down the sub-forum? If so, I have already been here... Foxx knows all too well lol.

Hopefully not. This is the place for civil discourse between intelligent people who are willing to debate the finer points of news and current events, even if they take a political turn.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

Assuming you're referring to BBMB's closing their politics board before shutting the message board down completely.  Never went to that site, so can't speak to that experience.

Know that we're hoping that for the most part people will self moderate.  But when moderation is due expect it'll be fair and after some brief learning curve expect that it will be consistent as well.  If you think something isn't fair or right, please express your concerns directly to the staff; it'll likely keep what could be become a conflagration from becoming one.  🍺

• Like 4

MothersMilk
26 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Assuming you're referring to BBMB's closing their politics board before shutting the message board down completely.  Never went to that site, so can't speak to that experience.

Know that we're hoping that for the most part people will self moderate.  But when moderation is due expect it'll be fair and after some brief learning curve expect that it will be consistent as well.  If you think something isn't fair or right, please express your concerns directly to the staff; it'll likely keep what could be become a conflagration from becoming one.  🍺

Yeah, I'm very familiar with the BBMB. Another Bills site, Billievers, shut it down 6 or so months ago. My comment was really tongue in cheek... Foxx has assembled a nice site here.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Yeah, I'm very familiar with the BBMB. Another Bills site, Billievers, shut it down 6 or so months ago. My comment was really tongue in cheek... Foxx has assembled a nice site here.

Feel free to start a post! We shall see how it goes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Hopefully not. This is the place for civil discourse between intelligent people who are willing to debate the finer points of news and current events, even if they take a political turn.  

Aw geez.

I'm out!

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 6

TBD’s political forum is a downright cesspool and The Buffalo Range has posters who are completely out of their minds because of their political beliefs.

Let’s hope this board doesn’t devolve into a political mess.

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

TBD’s political forum is a downright cesspool and The Buffalo Range has posters who are completely out of their minds because of their political beliefs.

It's totally up to the membership how it goes here. The purpose is for open discourse on topics that touch us all in daily life, not to have philosophical battles between sides.

If we all say what we think and why, and realize no one ever changed their politics because of a forum on a football message board, we'll all be fine.

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, njbuff said:

Welcome aboard and you will find this page.....well, better self moderated......and stuff like that. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, Ann said:

Welcome to the new current events news and opinions forum!

Feel free to express yourself with the news of the day, any topics ranging from politics to health (and anything in between) are welcome!  All we ask if that you are respectful of other people's opinions. Attack the argument, not the person. People are passionate in their point of view, however, so expect to take some heat for your stance and be prepared to defend your viewpoint.

:party2:

• Haha 1

RochesterRob
On 7/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, Taro T said:

Never ventured onto the politics board while BBMB was going.  Got enough talk with replacing the stadium or not, what's Ralph's plan for the future, and Jauron has been gone for years but I have got nothing better to do than complain about him threads.  

16 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Never ventured onto the politics board while BBMB was going.  Got enough talk with replacing the stadium or not, what's Ralph's plan for the future, and Jauron has been gone for years but I have got nothing better to do than complain about him threads.  

That was one of the worst things of BBMB, the bashing of Mr Wilson. My belief had always been that he was a smart man, and I couldn't believe he didn't have plans to keep the Bills in Buffalo as part of that plan. That was proven right, as well as his love of the city through the endowment he left.

• Like 3

RochesterRob
4 hours ago, Cinga said:

That was one of the worst things of BBMB, the bashing of Mr Wilson. My belief had always been that he was a smart man, and I couldn't believe he didn't have plans to keep the Bills in Buffalo as part of that plan. That was proven right, as well as his love of the city through the endowment he left.

It was shocking and saddening to the extent of how vicious some people could be in regards to Ralph.  I did not like losing anymore than the next guy but some teams simply caught better breaks than the Bills.  It would have been nice to pick up Montana with a 3rd or Marsha with a 6th but the cards seldom fall like that.  

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 9:07 PM, njbuff said:

ATOP has been a cesspool for a while, and while much of it has to do with the depth to which the resident leftists embrace the far, far, far left ideology (and the childish ways in which they just attack people with no interest in having a normal discussion), much has to do with the fact that the moderators agree with that far, far, far left ideology and use their moderation powers to shut down posts they don't like, even if they're just basic disagreements.

But they're bleeding out, which is why they like to refer to the people at BIllsFans.com as white supremacists.

Childish and embarrassing end to what used to be a great website.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

ATOP has been a cesspool for a while, and while much of it has to do with the depth to which the resident leftists embrace the far, far, far left ideology (and the childish ways in which they just attack people with no interest in having a normal discussion), much has to do with the fact that the moderators agree with that far, far, far left ideology and use their moderation powers to shut down posts they don't like, even if they're just basic disagreements.

But they're bleeding out, which is why they like to refer to the people at BIllsFans.com as white supremacists.

Childish and embarrassing end to what used to be a great website.

I began venturing over to the football & hockey side of TBD, mostly just lurking but I posted a response to a poster that was wondering what could be done to be able to hear what the questions were in the press conferences. I explained that it could be done like it always has been done---by an intern holding out a boom with a microphone on the end of it. He responded with something about the fear of catching Covid from the microphone. I simply replied that a mask could be put over the microphone. Guess who immediately gave me a forever warning point? I feel validated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I began venturing over to the football & hockey side of TBD, mostly just lurking but I posted a response to a poster that was wondering what could be done to be able to hear what the questions were in the press conferences. I explained that it could be done like it always has been done---by an intern holding out a boom with a microphone on the end of it. He responded with something about the fear of catching Covid from the microphone. I simply replied that a mask could be put over the microphone. Guess who immediately gave me a forever warning point? I feel validated.

Mmmmm, feeling hatred for mask this one has. Banned he must be. Hmmm.

Say that in your best Yoda voice. It sounds cool.

Edited by Fansince88
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Mmmmm, feeling hatred for mask this one has. Banned he must be. Hmmm.

Say that in your best Yoda voice. It sounds cool.

I'm no Yoda.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:07 AM, njbuff said:

Welcome aboard. I have a lot of confidence in the mods here. My own hope for this board is that we can have adult conversations and debates. Who knows, maybe someone can change my mind, or I can change another's. But the moment it descends into chaos or name calling you can bet I'll be the first to just walk away.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

The Taliban has discovered that the helicopters the US abandoned in the 'stan are inoperable.

Any truth to the rumor that the former vice president plans to send  military chopper mechanics to remedy this oversight?

I think you might want to start a new thread. 🙂